Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah ok, SOMETIMES (rarely) some animals don't attack due to intimidation. The description doesn't mention how useless it is...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The Red Cardinals in Phoenix want some guy liberated from prison, but where the fuck is he kept? I mean at what location, by what faction? I completely missed it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I think I encountered a bug where I won't be able to finish the game.

I killed Aaron and solved all kinds of shit, then turned it in to the Rangers. Then I asked to send patrols to the Villa.
Then I go to the Villa, turn in Madre/Padre quests, turn in Junktown/Flagtown quests. They ask me to get Rangers' help... but I already got it? I can't turn it in...
When I go to Rangers' general, I have the option to ask for help again, and he says "do the mission first". The mission I've got from him is go to Puerto... But I think I should've gotten help from him, because he was already willing to help before.

Am I stuck now?

What happens if I keep playing? I get warnings in form of a cutscene, where the picture of the family slowly dissolves.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
When I go to Rangers' general, I have the option to ask for help again, and he says "do the mission first". The mission I've got from him is go to Puerto... But I think I should've gotten help from him, because he was already willing to help before.
You have to blow up BoS ship to get the help from rangers. That's the ending. You blow up ship, or dam, or both.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Will i able somehow finished the game without a single understanding what the story is actually about, so i build my char accordingly as combat focused only ?

Sadly i can't understand Russian language and i don't want to use google translate to make sense what the translate is telling me on how to progress story.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Nevada team main guy, whose surname I can't properly transcribe in Latin script, is a huge Fallout nerd. So, a lot of stuff appearing in the Sonora has actual foundations in original Fallout setting.

Jackals, for example. Cannibalistic tribe coming out of dysfunctional Vault 15. They were cut from Fallout 1; they were planned for Van Buren, but Van Buren itself was cut from reality; they finally appeared in New Vegas, but just as another sort of cannon fodder: you can rename them as "raiders" and nothing of value would be lost. In Sonora, Jackals are distinct tribe with which you can interact to some extent. They have Vault 15 "totem" in their lair and if your char has enough INT he somehow knows about Jackal's origins and can tell them about it.

Brotherhood of Steel in Sonora caused a minor meltdown in VK's Nevada group, where people tainted by Fagout 3 where whining about "muh paladins of Steel". Although, it goes perfectly along with the original vision from Fallout 1, and partially quotes possible "Steel Plague" ending. Local BoS commander is given full authority in reaching his goals, and it's obvious that he could have been a part of "an overzealous, techno-religious dictatorship". Not to say that BoS was planned to be the main antagonist in Fallout 2 early drafts:

It came from the first draft of the FO2 story: The BoS and Vault 13's overseer's descendant (and a small group of elite leaders) had made a secret alliance to exchange tech for weapons, safety, etc, and you had to expose or stop them. It was decided that it wasn't strong enough, so we scrapped it and came up with the version that actually was made.
(https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10425)

Mobile Fortress with Supermuties is a reference to the this scrapped storyline in Fallout 2, where it was BoS mobile fortress.

Fire Worshipers were inspired by "A Canticle for Leibowiz", and considering that original BoS was a mix of "A Canticle for Leibowiz" monks and Guardians from Wasteland 1...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Am I still on a schedule after I liberated the protag's family? Is it gonna be game over if I don't hurry up?

Gotta say I hate these timers. I just want to explore at my own pace, instead I skip a lot of stuff and worry about the timer a lot.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Brotherhood of Steel in Sonora caused a minor meltdown in VK's Nevada group, where people tainted by Fagout 3 where whining about "muh paladins of Steel".

Ugh so some of them actually bought that crap of BOS "protectors of the wasteland/defenders of the people" crap.
Have they not played Fallout 1 and 2 or did they consider this a "logical change" like some FO3 fans made it out to be.

If damn Bethesda insisted on power armor using desert ranger like types why did they not make up their own damn faction like descendants of the National Guard.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
If damn Bethesda insisted on power armor using desert ranger like types why did they not make up their own damn faction like descendants of the National Guard.

Not as cool as descendant of power armor wielding US Army though. I think also National Guard didn't have clearance to use Power Armor in lore, correct me if i'm wrong. But hey it's Bethesda, maybe every branch is allowed to use Power Armor.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Is there an easy way to help with translation? I could chip in a few hours of my time.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Brotherhood of Steel originated after US army deserters from West Tek facility. Not as glorified as one may think.

They became deserter after horrifying truth of West Tek Experiments, any sane and moral human will question of why?

Many US Army that stationed there didn't sign up for this and will try to mutiny. In The eye of Government and Military they will be swiftly put down and court martialed.

But in the eyes of civilian and us as the outsider view of Fallout Universe they are considered a good guy trying to rebel against an evil government experiment.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I think at this point any post war militia organization, be they descendants from pre war military or a newly formed organization with Power Armor would work that is not all about collecting and hoarding technology and called a Brotherhood.

One of my ideas would be that after the fall of the Brotherhood on the West Coast (other chapters may survive) that most Power Armor and technology ends up in the hands of the NCR and its army, the army forming special Power Armor using squads to support regular forces.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fallout Nevada had military unit also hailing from US army deserters who went the opposite way transforming onto heavily armed raider group you could do some quests for them but it made more sense than BoS from F03 and even desert rangers, any group of people needs provisions and armed one would need to become at best mercenary group when Governmental tit gets dry after nuclear Holocaust or any kind of ITZ. But why to sell yourself to others or beg like Rangers did when its you have superior firepower? Such entities would form neo feudal elite in any realistic setting.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
They became deserter after horrifying truth of West Tek Experiments, any sane and moral human will question of why?
True, but you see, US army in Fallout 1 wasn't portrayed as very "friendly" organization. Fallout 1 starts with that:

Actually+the+us+invaded+canada+in+fallout+1+because+the+_3e7fee27709fd5a6f9244ca03077acb0.png

And while human experiments at West Tek were too much, the overall mentality - and the selection of methods - wasn't much better. As you want to join BoS in Fallout 1 they just send you to the sure death and very surprised that you come back. They are not the "good" guys, not even close. Replay Fallout 1 and pay attention to what people around say about BoS. Hell, they are one of the main suspects in the Missing Caravans quest.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
True, but you see, US army in Fallout 1 wasn't portrayed as very "friendly" organization. Fallout 1 starts with that:

Actually+the+us+invaded+canada+in+fallout+1+because+the+_3e7fee27709fd5a6f9244ca03077acb0.png

And while human experiments at West Tek were too much, the overall mentality - and the selection of methods - wasn't much better. As you want to join BoS in Fallout 1 they just send you to the sure death and very surprised that you come back. They are not the "good" guys, not even close. Replay Fallout 1 and pay attention to what people around say about BoS. Hell, they are one of the main suspects in the Missing Caravans quest.

US Army as whole is not "Friendly" because they are the extension of The US Government which are we know it, is very rotten to the core.

But the individual in Army like Randal "The Survivalist" Clark and The Founder of BOS Roger Maxson isn't by any means a bad guy, sure they are flawed on some extent but they always have a good intention in their heart.

Fallout 1 BOS is asshole i can't dispute, but i will not compare the BOS as seen in Fallout 1 to BOS early days where Roger Maxson still lives. I bet Roger Maxson can't foresee BOS progressed (for the worse) after his death, i'm also believe he will not approve what have BOS become to.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Casa Nueva laboratory. Found 3 chemicals, repaired the generator, entered the computer. But the "recipe" for the vaccine is nowhere to be found. What the fuck? Do I lack the doctor skill to find it on the PC or something?
Found the holodisk, but it's not usable.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Casa Nueva laboratory. Found 3 chemicals, repaired the generator, entered the computer. But the "recipe" for the vaccine is nowhere to be found. What the fuck? Do I lack the doctor skill to find it on the PC or something?
Found the holodisk, but it's not usable.
I disremember the exact location, but the vaccine is assembled in a chemical rack or computer in one of the buildings in the courtyard.

I don't remember if a separate "recipe" is needed, but if so, it's somewhere in the courtyard as well. Doctor skill is not required.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom