Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Makabb, Nov 20, 2016.

1. EtcEtcEtc Learned

EtcEtcEtc
    Anything they can equate to Trump or Facism = literal violence.

Or, more accurately, anything they can equate to America as intended = literal violence.

Western culture and technological advances have led to a generation of people that literally should not exist, that they do is in defiance of all evolutionary laws. We conquered nature back in the 60's - 70's, and the west eradicated anything resembling true hardship in 1st world countries. This is the result.

And, because you can't remove the will to power in people, they have found ways to band together and seize power in a way that never would have occurred at any other time in human history.

200 years ago, on the frontier, if some fat fuck who claimed to be a woman despite having a growth of pubic hair on their neck, had told you that "actually the comanches, as the indengionous peoples, deserve the land and it's only our white privilege -" they would have been ostracized AT BEST.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. kangaxx Learned

kangaxx
    Furries, at a rough guess.

[​IMG]

• Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. rostok k Literate

rostok k
    i'm pretty sure this is from loverslab or some shit. people like baiting on /v/

• Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • No No x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    What an horrible design, and it has nothing to do with Fallout and its style.

Also, where's the stock?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. ironmask Savant

ironmask

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Malamert Magister Edgy

Malamert
    Huh, yea, it isn't from Frontier by the looks of it. It's from nexus though:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48621/?
    New Vegas mods are quite something.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. rostok k Literate

rostok k
    [​IMG]
    what do you have to do to get banned from nexus if this stayed up?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Butter Arcane

Butter
    There was a mod on the Nexus that removed all black characters. It didn't last long.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Despair Despair x 9
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Ramnozack Savant Patron

Ramnozack
    Why take away the chance for us to get rid of them ourselves in game? Based nexus!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Cpt. Dallas Educated

Cpt. Dallas
    Dunno, but it's the highest DPS shotty I've seen ingame. I suspect it's considered lever action and is affected by the Cowboy perk.

The Donovan companion quest ends darkly, and includes, wait for it.....pederast sex slavery. The Lot companion quest....slavery. The Salt Mine quests.....unions and violent revolution....no middle ground paths.

Perhaps you can't join the Enclave, but you are awarded a suit of their power armor with relative ease, and nobody seems to comment on it.

^ Top  
  11. Okagron Prophet

Okagron
    I honestly wouldn't have minded this mod if it was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek, just for fun mod with a bunch of outdated pop culture references, with the devs just going along with the mocking of the mod. But then they had to get all serious to the point they ban people that criticize the mod in their discord and then it was found out that the mod had a bunch of weird fetishes, some that completely mischaracterize certain factions.

Of course it would still suck because making a Call of Duty out of New Vegas's version of Gamebryo is a bad idea in my opinion, but i wouldn't be clowning the mod this hard.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Malamert Magister Edgy

Malamert
    Trannies and furfags trying to meme and defend this shite.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 5
    • decline decline x 2
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Druid Ardun Guest

Druid Ardun
    They unconsciously know enclave is right. They hate the very idea of purity because they themselves are impure abominations created by transgressions against the eternal laws of nature. They envy the disciplined pure aryan men as they will never come even close to them. Consumed by the flame of carnal desire they live their worthless lives impulsively satisfying any and all wicked thoughts.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    If they said from day one that this was a parody of Call of Duty and Fallout 3 with tons of weird fetiches, I would have dismissed this thing from day one and wouldnt have wasted my time. I'm not pissed for them being hacks and weirdos, I'm pissed for them being liers, at least the chief modder, this guy was the worse and he lied shamelessly non stop until the release of the mod. They wanted the fame and attention from the people who wanted to play something remotely similar to New Vegas and then they just dumped broken Call of Duty on gamebryo, what were they expecting?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Zer0wing Cipher

Zer0wing
    Gonna flex a bit and tear this defensive meme apart.
    >Working vehicles rivaling everything done before and after for any bethestard game
    It's jank as fuck and feels off when you clash your buggy against something, anything, especially another vehicle. It looks, moves and feels exactly like an engine-level bethestard vehicle. Impressive considering done via scripting but get off your high horse, it's not any better than expected.
    >3 major questline and 50+ side quests
    They all terribly written derivatives of something mod producers player before (great games are played and not made, rings any bells dear reader?) and liked during their youth, namely CoD MW trilogy and MGS3. With no underlying theme, no substance to be found in any of these storylines beyond injected [currentyear] politics. In fact, the stories suffers from the same thing as vanilla FO3 - you're here to press awesome buttons and watch scripting jankcellency going off rails and don't have player agency much. Unless being Ramirez instead of being a CUCK camera with legs (like you were in Fallout 3) is player agency now then I quit you won...
    >tons of new VFX pushing NV engine to its maximum
    I recognize weijiesen's craft from a mile but you don't have infest your FNV install folder with Frontier to experience it.
    >new world space the size of FO3
    Your worldspace is an unstructured cobbled mess of quest dispensing camps and things to waste tons of ammo on. It's not just the size of FO3 but everything else of FO3, including the space station being on Mothership Zeta level of quality. Considering that devs are FO3-fangirls, no suprise they took gamedesign lessons from that and not New Vegas. The reason why it's not a FO3 mod is because all the players' and the professional modding community's attention is on FNV. It's not a Fallout 4 mod because driving on that jumbled mess of an engine will be impossible and one of the mod scripters shows it:

I know that barely disguised fetishes memes are funny but don't give more attention to it than that writer deserves because the main producers are the real villains of this shitstorm story.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Salute Salute x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. karoliner Magister

karoliner
    I love Australian youtubers, they are the most prestigious shitposters.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zer0wing Cipher

Zer0wing
    Except for MATN, he's cringeposter and the total opposite of youtube prestige.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Malamert Magister Edgy

Malamert
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 3
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    Dare I even ask how much, if at all, this mod respects established Fallout canon?

• No No x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Butter Arcane

Butter
    He's not Australian though. He's a regular old britbong.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. eXalted Prophet

eXalted
    And Fallout fans were having 1st world problems like "Oooh, man, Fallout 2 is so bad, it's like a circus and have so many stupid things blah-blah-blah."

• Despair Despair x 5
    ^ Top  
  22. Malamert Magister Edgy

Malamert
    Hmm...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. EtcEtcEtc Learned

EtcEtcEtc
    Tolerant left!

• Funny Funny x 7
    ^ Top  
  24. Malamert Magister Edgy

Malamert
    Wait a minute, that avatar...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. rostok k Literate

rostok k
    does this guy have a female deathclaw in his profile pic or am i seeing shit.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.