Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
If he hates New Vegas so much, why didn't he make a Fallout 3 mod instead?
This explains nearly all the decline in this mod, as for the worst of the worst. Frankly, that's also why gaming is in such decline in the current year. 'By Gamers, For Gamers' was turned on it's head. 'We hate you. Now play this shit.' Expect no less from a generation steeped in shit tier console games, MCU, nuStarWars, hentai and Harry Potter.

FWIW they have opened comments back up at the Nexus and released a version that supposedly removes the worst degenerate bits, plus some art and voicework from contributors that wanted out: the skunk plushie cave, the scalies entirely, the sex-claw cave, and the trashy teen in Irvington.
It's too bad, and I hate to be shilling, because there is a lot of good content in this mod. It's unfortunately overshadowed by the glaringly bad cringe, mostly contained to the main NCR questline. Avoid that, explore and do sidequests and it's a respectable NV fix.

Codex Year of the Donut
The people who made this don't even like New Vegas.

Its actually worse than that. They are discord users who isolated themselves from the rest of the world in their little discord corner convinced that most of the world hates New Vegas just as much as them. Then they released the mod and well... the dam broke.
5KKIG50.jpg
fTgmfuj.png

Risewild

Arbiter
Doesn't FO4 have a better engine? Why aren't people modding it instead of FNV?
FO4's Creation Engine is more restrictive in terms of modding than Gamebryo. Bethesda placed several restrictions on it.

Probably to make it harder for modders to make free mods as good or better than the Creation Club ones. But it still fails at that.

Okagron

Prophet
Its actually worse than that. They are discord users who isolated themselves from the rest of the world in their little discord corner convinced that most of the world hates New Vegas just as much as them. Then they released the mod and well... the dam broke.
5KKIG50.jpg
Since Fallout 3 did nothing good, i guess New Vegas did do the invert of Fallout 3. And by invert i mean it somehow managed to make a worthwhile product out of the horroshow that is the Fallout 3's version of Gamebryo.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State

Nazo and Odin really are sick and degenerate fucks. Every female character they write for is either a whore or acts like a child. If I was an underage Asian girl and they lived in my town I would have demanded that the cops watch my back at all hours of the day. As they say, a male feminist is just a sex offender waiting to happen.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Doesn't FO4 have a better engine? Why aren't people modding it instead of FNV?
It is the second most popular game for modding accordingly to Nexus, only behind Skyrim, the case is that as Fallout 4 is newer, there are no total conversion projects done and those are the mods that bring more attention. Ironically, the ones for Fallout 4, Fallout Miami, London and Cascadia, might end much better than the Frontier because of the inverse Phobos effect : "Goddamned, that was a huge nuclear explosion on the Frontier, guys, hide your deathclaw fucking toys or the sneedclave will come for us."

5KKIG50.jpg
Since Fallout 3 did nothing good, i guess New Vegas did do the invert of Fallout 3. And by invert i mean it somehow managed to make a worthwhile product out of the horroshow that is the Fallout 3's version of Gamebryo.
And that's why Tale of Two Wastelands exists, so you can play the inferior game in a superior engine with the superior game.

Alphons

Cipher
They didn't add much and they've also removed loads of stuff out of shame and due to people not wanting to be associated with the mod- inventory and perk icons, tons of voice acting and even music recorded for one of the radio stations (so now it plays silence for several minutes between the news segments).

There were 2 rewrites of the main NCR quest and a 3rd project that wanted to scrap the main quests completely and instead salvage the good parts of side content but they've all failed.

Popot

Educated
The first rewrite of The Frontier died last year, after a few months another one was started and is currently ongoing. Sadly that tgspy fucker is still involved, it is unlikely the new team will make something decent.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Oh, this trash fire. A reminder this is the future of mods, folks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom