Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Cinematic style and true 1st person perspective provide the level of immersion that Fallout series has always lacked due to its roots as a classic, but let's face it, outdated and archaic computer RPG. All it needs now is systems design by Josh Sawyer and narrative design by Casey Hudson and we have a true next gen masterpiece that will also appeal to the hardcore old-school Fallout fans. The best of both worlds.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Cinematic style and true 1st person perspective provide the level of immersion that Fallout series has always lacked due to its roots as a classic, but let's face it, outdated and archaic computer RPG. All it needs now is systems design by Josh Sawyer and narrative design by Casey Hudson and we have a true next gen masterpiece that will also appeal to the hardcore old-school Fallout fans. The best of both worlds.

hqdefault.jpg

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Disagree on all four points.
  • False [Fallout didn't need FPP gameplay; it was a GURPS combat sim/RPG]
    It looked isometric for a deliberate reason.
    Clipboard01_zps7fb24275.jpg
  • False [Lack of FPP is not a technology limitation. Fallout released alongside FPP shooters
    ~had they wanted to go that route, they could have.]
  • Doesn't seem a masterpiece to me. But a Fallout 3 or New Vegas, that resembled the later
    Wasteland 2 could have been a masterpiece.
  • Not interested [Coming from a series fan]

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Disagree on all four points.
  • False [Fallout didn't need FPP gameplay; though they did have an FPP cutscene]
  • False [Lack of FPP is not a technology limitation; Fallout released alongside FPP shooters]
  • Doesn't seem a masterpiece
  • Not interested

Glop_Dweller failed on his PER check

acer palmatum

Scholar
Fallout is about solitude in a dying world, later about trying to rebuild what was lost - not about mass combat (with vehicles on ground and in the air as a cherry topping).

But for me it was over the instant I heard - at least I guess the song was - russian.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Fallout is about solitude in a dying world, later about trying to rebuild what was lost - not about mass combat (with vehicles on ground and in the air as a cherry topping).

But for me it was over the instant I heard - at least I guess the song was - russian.

It's probably made by Russians, you can see it in the stalkerish artstyle they created

This has more of a Stalker feel anyway than fallout, they are just using the engine.

Aenra

I am slooowly starting to reconsider my words regarding the ignore function.

In between this sad thread and the other one in the mmorpg subforum, where a poster starts by saying "i've never played any TB RPG, but Elder Scrolls Online is awesome" .. it's getting kinda disturbing.
Where the fuck do you recent, sad, stupid human wastes come from? And what convinced you you had need of registering here?

Glop_dweller

Prophet

In between this sad thread and the other one in the mmorpg subforum, where a poster starts by saying "i've never played any TB RPG, but Elder Scrolls Online is awesome" .. it's getting kinda disturbing.
That has to have been bait post no? [Link please]

Fucking newfags, not understanding how amazing an accomplishment this is.
(To whom?)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nothing wrong with a well-made FPS. Nothing wrong with a well-made FPS in the Fallout setting.
That said, I don't know how the chances for that are considering the "technical heritage".

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Nothing wrong with a well-made FPS. Nothing wrong with a well-made FPS in the Fallout setting.
Agreed; so long as it doesn't bear a title implying a numeric sequel to Fallout.

*Edit: For the very same obvious reasons that neither Tactic nor FOBOS were released as an official 'Fallout 3'.
(Although... Tactics, featured a worthy improvement on the series' Turn Based combat ~though it was unconscionable not to make it the default setting to use it.)

**@Excidium II : Compliment accepted. :cool:

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive

That has to have been bait post no? [Link please]

Fucking newfags, not understanding how amazing an accomplishment this is.
(To whom?)
Well, who's the fucking newfag? (Besides me)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom