Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: The Frontier - New Vegas mod set in Portland and full of prosperous content

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Holy crap! 4k Legion flag and 4k env mask? Not everyone has a high end system that can take 4k, especially for most who play New Vegas. Skyrim can bearly handle 4k mods and the moment you have too much the game shits itself. What made them think that New Vegas can handle custom content that is all in 4k?
They probably didn't bother to stop and think too much about performance and just went full steam ahead with the 4k nonsense. Next gen and all that stuff.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
Holy crap! 4k Legion flag and 4k env mask? Not everyone has a high end system that can take 4k, especially for most who play New Vegas. Skyrim can bearly handle 4k mods and the moment you have too much the game shits itself. What made them think that New Vegas can handle custom content that is all in 4k?
They probably didn't bother to stop and think too much about performance and just went full steam ahead with the 4k nonsense. Next gen and all that stuff.
Next gen game on an outdated and shitty engine? Brilliant!

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Yet New Vegas also has giant mantises, flies, cockroaches, scorpions and ants. What about people who have phobias for those creatures? Problem is that once you give special treatment to one group then a whole bunch of others will then demand the same thing. Eventually you will be left with nothing but a shell of a game or mod. While I feel for people who legitimately have those fears, sometimes it is best to let them slide. The slippery hill of appeasement is a tough hill to climb.

I'd rather have devs think of those things themselves than demand them not to include an option they want to include.
Plus the same could be said for the opposite side: first they demand you take out X from game because they find it annoying, and then you find yourself having to take out Y and Z or else they will pirate your game and review bomb it on Steam (and send a few death threats since they may as well).

DeepOcean

Arcane
To be fair, the spiders on this mod animate like little cuthulu monsters, so it isnt that you lose much by removing them.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Next gen game on an outdated and shitty engine? Brilliant!
Yep. (to some retards it doesn't matter what's the inside the engine if the output image is wew so shiny and covered in post-process eye-raping effects)
9e0miqiv9f331.jpg

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Watched so far the NCR beginning and its indeed... COD done in Gambebroyo. dialogues are retarded as well everybody fun service you as the Courier, then you are send on mission with some rookies... and then BAM! Tank battles! BAM! Scavangers having better gear than all Mojave fractions! BAAAM! Scripted ambush scene, BAAAAM! this rookie they send with six other guys? He is sudenly worth loosing half of your ornicopters! cause you are again the CHOSEN ONE CAUSE THEY NEED TO SHOW MORE EXPLUSSIONS EFFECTS AND CUTSCENES... AND ALL RAILODED AND MORE EXPLUSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:deathclaw:
All right I got this is what you got for following the NCR and their degeneracy:

Watched Legion path same Shit to ambush and then... You meet Legion makes sense, you are tested before even allowed to join and if you survive you are told its nice you are the best Casar frumentari ever bit still they don't care cause you need to earn your rank here son... You got brief briefing from Legatus... and are put onto another rails with EXPLUSIONS SCRIPTS AND AMERIKWAN ARMY F... YEAH....

Nope you are allowed to play game in open world, to take side quest in camp and do what you want in order you want, explore map.... Its like different game.

:thumbsup:

Did I mentioned that Legion is located in cool fortress and make sense? Like having scribes and using actually tech the way real Romans did?

Somebody did the Brotherhood Path? I have some reservations cause they are lead by wombyn but maybe they are Templar Knights in Power Armor? How much scripted is their path?

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm done with the CoD bullshit, man, I had the most prosper experience ever, Jesus, those modders dont understand the concept that sometimes cuttting shit is better than doubling down . I learned you have access to a personal tank once you do a mission for the NCR, at first I was too annoyed by the CoD bullshit to contitue until I saw the suicide cars.

Yeah, suicide cars, they drive to you and explode, so if you are going to face other vehicles, maybe it is a good idea to get a tank right?

Nothing prepared me to the prosper tank section I got. At first I thought, hey, they are going to place some vehicles on some places for me to shoot right? What could go wrong?

The scavs (I mean, they even didnt bother giving a proper name to the most common faction) have more cars than Immortal Joe on Mad Max Fury road.

Also, the modder had the brillant idea of spawning a ludicrous amount of vehicles too close to each other so it was common for the Gamebryo Ai to get stuck on each other, so you keep there shooting bazillions of vehicles that those generic supposedly poor scavengers have.

So, I was there witnessing: vehicles getting stuck, glitching, getting inside one another , getting on top of each other. Also, most vehicles cant damage your tank, so what is the point any way?

Also, with exception of the tanks and the vehicles the player controls, enemy vehicles dont rotate like a vehicle would do. The modders just the lazy thing of just doing a simple rotation with no need of acceleration, also, enemy vehicles or have poor physics or no physics at all so they float over terrain instead of driving over terrain. What is baffling because because player controlled vehicles drive like a real car would do.

Man, nobody deserves this punishment. Man, why those modders couldnt be normal deranged modders and just copy paste shit from New Vegas and Fallout 3 instead of adding their special custom "touch" to it.

To finish the shit sandwitch, at the end, there is a MAJESTIC LAZOR being shot from space on your position killing the scav Immortan Joe cars, Command and Conquer GDI style. I have a suspicion that those are the Crusaders.

Maybe the Legion path isnt as retardred as Commisar Draco is saying and I might restart to check it out but I dont have much hopes for the Crusaders, the leader is a womyn and the writers are "progressive" simps, this is a dangerous combination to quality writing, also, they said the Crusaders are half like the NCR path and half like the Legion path so it is half garbage.

Last edited:

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I did the NCR shooting contest (and stopped, not talking to the commanders to start the mission), met with and grabbed the book for the Templars (but didn't return it) and have instead just explored the map and am having fun doing it. I haven't started any Legion quests or seen the furries/scalies. 3 mules, er, companions in tow so far. Aside from the time it tried to be Silent Hill or whatever, it's not bad. Fun even. I've been to at least 3 or 4 strip joints/brothels so far. One slut in the Junkflea slums will offer to blow you for 5 caps, then steal all your shit. There's a stripper down there with Ruby Nash's face.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So they put good part as the one for Trump supporters aka ''fascists'' i bet some of them modders might hide their true leaning like we all did in Commie times and worked onto making Legion path more palatable*. Shame that they made brotherhood as Fallout 3 White knights brigade always wanted to RP as technophile asshole faction with power armor and cool tech guns like brotherhood was in original games/Outcasts... Or Iron warriors/Iron Hands from Warhammer 40K.

*Its also semi hidden you need to either have positive reputation with legion to trigger it or read dialogues not click over them if you do so you are going thru 35 hours of cutscenes and CoD scripted ACTIUN... which is funny and clever.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
S
*Its also semi hidden you need to either have positive reputation with legion to trigger it or read dialogues not click over them if you do so you are going thru 35 hours of cutscenes and CoD scripted ACTIUN... which is funny and clever.

My char started fresh in Goodspring, levelled via the console, and straight to Frontier so no reputation with anyone. I will have to explore this.

I have enough caps now to buy a Mystery Machine van for my jinkies, but don't see the point of it, except to use all the jerry cans I've been hoarding.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wut? It's not a stand alone thing? You have to have a character from New Vegas?

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Correct, somewhat. Once you step out of Doc's there is an option to quickstart, and a choice to level 11, 16 or 20 IIRC. Wait outside 12 hours, a solider shows up and opens the quick travel point to the truck where you travel to the Frontier.

I used the console for XP instead, since the ingame quickstart didn't award perks or skill points (perhaps saving them for the next real level up).

Either way everyone in the Frontier talks to you as as *Legendary Courier and big famous hero of Hoover Dam*.

Commissar Draco

Patron

It plays like DLC Comrade, you got message to join after finishing the character creation or after you load your old char, looks like the Steam version is still not out will wait for it cause I have Linux OS and play via Steam is superior to Wine.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Correct, somewhat. Once you step out of Doc's there is an option to quickstart, and a choice to level 11, 16 or 20 IIRC. Wait outside 12 hours, a solider shows up and opens the quick travel point to the truck where you travel to the Frontier.

I used the console for XP instead, since the ingame quickstart didn't award perks or skill points (perhaps saving them for the next real level up).

Either way everyone in the Frontier talks to you as as *Legendary Courier and big famous hero of Hoover Dam*.

Everybody in COD path Comrade, you play as NCR you simply put deserve this. :dealwithit:

RangerBoo

Arcane

So, just like with real game developers was the progressive leftism just a false flag to hide their degenerate sex fetishes?
>mind break
>lizard butt sex
>all females have anime faces
A reminder that the developers for this mod were calling Chris Avellone a rapist in the chat. As they say, he who cast the first stone be free of degeneracy.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Patron

So, just like with real game developers was the progressive leftism just a false flag to hide their degenerate sex stuff?
>mind break
>lizard butt sex
>all females have anime faces
A reminder that the developers for this mod were calling Chris Avellone a rapist in the chat. As they say, he who cast the first stone be free of degeneracy.

Putting wombyn in proper place is not degeneracy, quite the contrary Comrade, also lizards are not essential Yes?

:timetoburn:

Emperor Expects.

RangerBoo

Arcane
progressive leftism just a false flag to hide their degenerate sex stuff?
I wouldn't call it that progressive because the "smart" person in the NCR who in charge of repairing the Liberator is 12 year old chinese boy
So the developers are unintentionally racists and stereotyped their characters just like every other "progressive" leftist dip shit in the entertainment industry? Fucking LOL!

Pompey

Novice
I wouldn't call it that progressive because the "smart" person in the NCR who in charge of repairing the Liberator is 12 year old chinese boy
So the developers are unintentionally racists just like every other "progressive" leftist dip shit? Fucking LOL!
It would just call them liberals and leave it at that

DeepOcean

Arcane
A chinese boy that created an army of robots by himself from salvaged pieces and Blackthorne got so impressed that hired him to be his chief engineer. Yeah...:lol:

Last edited:

Popot

Educated
Nobody noticed the radioactive ghosts?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom