Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fanstratics: A HoMM 3 Spiritual Successor

Casual Hero

Augur
Yep, you read that right. It's been 19 years since HoMM 3 released in 1999, and now Gregory Fulton is returning to create a new game that is intended to be the spiritual successor. If you are unaware, Fulton was the lead designer of Heroes 3, alongside Canegham.
The game seen to be in the planning stages, but there is an official site here:
https://www.fanstratics.com/?fbclid=IwAR3hBeofedp1ClaC9WniBwAi1wta__I_g7RX2cigagym2f1YuVsY8xHHuc0

The page is being maintained by David Mullich, who was the director of Heroes 3.

Is this going to be the game that revives the glory days of Heroes of Might and Magic?

Casual Hero

Augur
Here is the rough development map, from the email you receive if you sign up on the site:

Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter and welcome to the journey. We have a long and tough road ahead of us... but we are determined.

• Pre-alpha
    (building functionality with proxy assets (we are here))
  • Financing
    (private or crowdfunded)
  • Alpha
    (relatively feature complete, building finalized assets and gameplay)
  • Mid-alpha
    (early access?)
  • Beta
    (polish and bug hunting)
  • Release
    (exhale)

As production progresses, we'll notify you if anything noteworthy occurs.

Until such a time, take care and stay safe.

Sincerely,

Gregory W. Fulton
Fanstratics Game Director & Designer

Aemar

Arcane
http://heroes3wog.net/fanstratics-a...-the-lead-game-designer-of-heroes-3-update-2/

Is there anything better gaming life than finding an email from the lead designer of your / our favorite game in the morning? That’s right, Mr. Gregory Fulton wrote me an email and I immediately started picking up news about Fanstratics – A Spiritual Successor of Heroes of Might and Magic 3! Be sure to visit Fanstratics website and subscribe to the news.

It is still too early for more detailed information but for those of you wondering who drew the Fanstratics Cavalier, his name is Justin Gerard. At this point, it is unknown how involved Justin will be with Fanstratics, if at all, but you can find out more about him here. I really like his work and especially the Cavalier reminds me work of George Almond.

• Fanstratics is final name
  • square grid for the adventure map
  • hex grid for the battlefield
For now, I can only reveal this information.

george-almond-the-charge.png

George Almond Champion and Justin Gerard Cavalier

http://heroes3wog.net/fanstratics-heroes-3-spiritual-successor-in-dev-by-gregory-fulton/

Fanstratics – Heroes 3 “spiritual successor” in dev by Gregory Fulton

fanstratics-title.png

Author: Liso1 July 22, 2020 0 Comments

Heroes News

David Mullich, Fanstratics, Greg Fulton

Gregory Fulton, Lead Designer on Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia (1999), is working on a “spiritual successor” to the title. The project is still in early stages.

This is coming from David Mullich, who was Game Director on Heroes 3. He made the announcement during his talk at the Talents In Games Conference. He explained that Fulton is currently absent from social media, which is why any updates on the project will arrive through Mullich’s social media accounts for the time being.

Moreover, Mullich revealed that he stepped in as producer at Cinémoi’s CinéWorld, a virtual world highlighting international culture and international travel.

This is probably a game called FANSTRATICS – fantasy + strategy + tactics. Be sure to visit Fanstratics website and subscribe to the news.

Thanks to Cody Newhouse for submitting this information.

Absinthe

Arcane
Fanstratics is one of those names that reminds me of those board games you'd find in toy stores and the like.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
  • Pre-alpha
    (building functionality with proxy assets (we are here))
  • Financing
    (private or crowdfunded)
  • Alpha
    (relatively feature complete, building finalized assets and gameplay)
  • Mid-alpha
    (early access?)
  • Beta
    (polish and bug hunting)
  • Release
    (exhale)

Is this a joke? You can't derive any useful information from this, lmao. Would actually be better if he added a ???? -> Profit.

Casual Hero

Augur

Is this a joke? You can't derive any useful information from this, lmao. Would actually be better if he added a ???? -> Profit.

Of course this is the usual path that independently developed games go through, and the site has only been up for a few days at most.
I am trying to remain optimistic, but we will just have to wait a while and see where this goes.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I'm not poking fun at him or the game, and as always will remain fantastically optimistic regarding one of our founding fathers coming back from the dead with an actual game, but it just seemed so pedestrian for someone of his caliber.

tindrli

Arcane
i hope that their game will have a little more details than their initial web page.
anyway i grew up with HoMM so will defenetly follow

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't expect a game with this title to have the original HoMM3 designer at its helm. I expected it to be some kind of fan project. This is the most ridiculous name ever.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Won't Pathfinder: Wrath of Righteous be THE HoMM successor considering it's being made by HoMM V Designer and it will feature army battles in Heroes style?

Old Gaming Legends.TM so far have made in total: 0 good games. Let's hope this one will be first

Silly Germans

My eyebrows already hurt from raising in doubt, with all those "Spiritual Successor" games. Why can't they simply make a new good game or at least die trying ...

Casual Hero

Augur
The name is weird, but I mean it does fit on a surface level. It's kind of like naming an FPS Shootygame, but at least you know what the game will be about.

It's supposed to be Fantasy + Strategy + Tactics

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holigabyorde
HOmm-LIke GAme BY ORiginal DEveloper

Good luck to them, seriously, but man, what a botched reveal.

First, way too early to announce this.
Nothing to show, a plan so vague it seems so odd to even put it out there, just... questions all around.

Then, the name has to be one of the worst I've seen in recent times.
Good reminder that you should always tell your plans to a 5-year-old and if they find the plan horrible (and any 5-year-old would find THAT name horrible), it probably sucks.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom