Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Morgoth has Pre-ordered

kazgar

Arcane
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/08/far-cry-3-blood-dragon-sales-break-one-million-boxed-copy-a-po/

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon sales break 1 million, boxed copy a possibility
by Sophie Prell on Sep 8th 2013 12:00PM

More than a million gamers have fired their neon lasers at neon soldiers and neon reptiles (which also shoot neon lasers) in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told Game Informer that the "mini-AAA" game has sold more than 1 million units to date, and that developing and publishing games like Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger will be a continued business model for the company going forward.

Guillemot also teased that future sales of Blood Dragon may not be limited to digital copies. Although Guillemot didn't specify when or how likely the scenario was, he suggested that, "maybe we'll go retail at one point so we'll be able to achieve a bit more." You just can't keep a good cyber-commando down.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
My zoomer nephew is playing this right now. The humor is absolutley fucking retarded. Is the game gud or should i just uninstall it after he is done?

Zeriel

Arcane
The humor is supposed to be cringey, if you don't find it funny and don't like the gameplay, just listen to the soundtrack I guess.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah no i'm not buying that. Try hard zoomers who wouldn't know what subtlety or cleverness is if it hit in the head like a brick is more like it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, kinda funny that my nephew thinks the game is hysterical even though i had to explain to him almost every reference. I mean he is a kid but i found that interesting. Were we like that too? I don't remember to be honest.

Ash

Arcane
Blood Dragon is overrated. Yeah lets make everything "old school" EXCEPT the gameplay, that we'll streamline over even the base game! We'll mock contemporary gameplay by including a parody of lengthy tutorials but not feature any actual old school game design (aside from faster movement speed I guess)! And we'll open with an infinite ammo on rails turret segment, totally a staple of old school FPS! And we'll rehash the outpost formula, exotic island theme, braindead mission design etc etc from the base game! Just overlay purple neon, pixel cutscenes and dinosaurs with laser beam eyez! Nobody will notice or care cause they're retards. Its so cool!

Fuck this gay shit. All of the Far Crys are actually better games, except maybe Primal. No idea about the latest SJW girl power one though.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah no i'm not buying that. Try hard zoomers who wouldn't know what subtlety or cleverness is if it hit in the head like a brick is more like it.

It's mocking 80's action tropes through parody while offering a kick-ass synth soundtrack. You either like that vibe or you don't.

Ash

Arcane
BTW, kinda funny that my nephew thinks the game is hysterical even though i had to explain to him almost every reference. I mean he is a kid but i found that interesting. Were we like that too? I don't remember to be honest.

Yeah this is something many kids do. At that age, even though they don't get the references, even small things can be amusing: facial expressions and other body language, tone of voice, unorthodox or stupid behavior, profanity and violence used casually. Things a kid is not necessarily used to. But it's also for approval/peer pressure and no admittance that they don't understand; to feel included.

It's a perfect fit as only a kid could appreciate Blood Dragon.

:troll:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It's now a part of Seassion Pass for FC6, under the name "Classic Edition" and guess what - no 60FPS and input lags on top of that.

lmao

Drop Duck

Learned
Blood Dragon is overrated.
If anything it is underrated. If you play it side-by-side with Far Cry 3 you will notice that it fixes everything that was the most terrible about FC3 and improves many things. For starters the map is smaller and you won't have content fatigue before you reach the end, the running speed is much higher, you don't take fall damage and so traversal becomes fun instead of awkward and annoying. Gone are the upgrades locked behind a ton of busywork, instead you get them when you level up and your weapons can be improved by taking side missions, which are taken from FC3, but there are less of them so they are less bad. Chaining together those sneak attacks is much more fun and works better. The camps you attack are more proper forts and there are several ways to go about taking over them. The weapons are much more satisfying to use, the starting pistol is great while only the bow was the go-to weapon in FC3 during the entire game. Whether you like the 2D cutscenes and the humor or not they are vastly superior to the long indulgent semi-interactive movie gameplay sequences you are force fed during FC3. Narrative and gameplay are nicely separated into different parts as they should be. There might not have been budget for a final boss fight, as this was more or less a total conversion mod by the team behind FC3, but at least there weren't an QTE sequence.

It's a smaller, nicer, tidier and tighter game than any other Ubisoft FC.

It's a smaller, nicer, tidier and tighter game than any other Ubisoft FC.

But at the end of the day it's still a Ubishit FC game. Though yes, I at least was able to finish this one before getting completely bored, so massive upgrade in that regard. And I liked how strong weapons became with upgrades. I mean you get shotgun up to 4 barrels eventually and sniper rifle that can explode cars with single shot. Hell yeah I'll take that.

All of the Far Crys are actually better games, except maybe Primal.
I disagree. Of the ones I’ve played (all except New Dawn and 6) Primal is probably the best and most mechanically complex, particularly on the survivor mode. It’s got more meaningful systems for the player to engage with (stamina, cold and poison, the tension that the need for light puts onto the stealth system, etc.), and offers some actual genuine difficulty unlike every other entry. Sure it still eventually boils down to the same brain dead gameplay loop, and the writing is awful, but hey that’s Ubisoft for you.

I would rank the nuFar Cry’s Primal>4>5>BD>3.

3 probably doesn’t deserve to be at the bottom, but I really hated the protagonist in 3. I wanted him to die in a fire.

JDR13

Arcane
Funny that this thread got necroed because I've been thinking of playing this. After ignoring the series for years, I recently finished Far Cry 5, and I'm currently nearing the end of New Dawn.

I loved the original Far Cry by Crytek back in the day, but I hated FC2, and I thought FC3 was just so-so. FC5 and New Dawn surprised me though. Both games were a lot better than I was expecting.

Never tried FC4 or Primal even though I've owned a copy of FC4 for years. For me, it's all about the setting, and the settings in those games, as well as FC6, just don't interest me.

Drop Duck

Learned
But at the end of the day it's still a Ubishit FC game.
Unfortunately yes, I never said it was a good game. It's just that the firing mah lazor part and writing tends to move attention away from the fact that it is mechanically and structurally a much better game than the rest of them.
And I liked how strong weapons became with upgrades. I mean you get shotgun up to 4 barrels eventually and sniper rifle that can explode cars with single shot. Hell yeah I'll take that.
All weapons felt good to use except the flamethrower that still was terrible, just like in FC3.

Zlaja

Arcane
Probably the best Farcry game out there.

I disagree. I think the best FC is still the first one. Crytek just does shooting better then Ubisoft. The guns were more satisfying to use then in the later entries, and I prefer the old school health system. And no retarded busy work.

while only the bow was the go-to weapon in FC3 during the entire game

I hate how bows are so OP in these games. Both silent and one-shot kills. And just keep recovering those arrows. Add easy sneak kills to the mix, and why even bother shooting.

toughasnails

Never tried FC4 or Primal even though I've owned a copy of FC4 for years. For me, it's all about the setting, and the settings in those games, as well as FC6, just don't interest me.
I'm sort of in the same boat. I know exactly what to expect from these games so the setting is what decides it for me, whether it is visually and thematically interesting enough to serve as a backdrop. But we have somewhat different tastes since I've enjoyed Primal and FC4. But I have zero interest in FC6 too bc yet another generic action movie tropical island is unappealing to me.

Drop Duck

Learned
I hate how bows are so OP in these games. Both silent and one-shot kills. And just keep recovering those arrows. Add easy sneak kills to the mix, and why even bother shooting.
Don't forget that in FC3 the XP you get for clearing a camp is halved if the guards notice you, which they do when you fire any gun even if you have a silencer. Blood Dragon fixed this by making the XP you get for outposts static, incentivizing you using whatever method you find most fun.

JDR13

Arcane
So I tried playing Blood Dragon last night and ugh... no.

This game has not aged well at all. It was especially obvious since I was coming off of playing FC5 & New Dawn. By comparison, Blood Dragon looks and feels like ass. It just shows how far the Dunia Engine has evolved since then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom