Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Morgoth has Pre-ordered

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
While I like the whole 80's action flick vibe of the thing I don't think I can take more Far Cry 3 gameplay.

catfood

AGAIN

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Looks exactly like a reskinned Farcry 3, even the same animations for the fire an stuff.

Bony

Learned
Queued
Looks exactly like a reskinned Farcry 3, even the same animations for the fire an stuff.

Seems the mechanics have been changed a little to be more FPS and less HURR DURR RPG, because you don't unlock skills(you get some predefined ones as you level up) and there is no crafting, you have all weapon slots unlocked etc. Which is good imo because I hated the crafting in FC3 to get more weapons and didn't do any of the boring mission shit.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Despite your avatar I have to say I sense a very great lack of Christmas cheer from you, grumpypants.

escom

Learned
Hackers Obtain Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04...-blood-dragon?abthid=51641f8e43e8cb8a29000005

Hackers have cracked Ubisoft's uPlay PC download services, enabling them to download all of the publisher's games for free - including the unreleased Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

This explains how footage of the game has leaked online, and why the game itself is purportedly circulating illegally on torrent sites already. The Russian hackers have discovered an exploit that makes the uPlay service believe that you already have the game you're trying to download, enabling them to obtain it for free. Gameranx published the below screenshot, showing Blood Dragon in the process of downloading.

:lol:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Remember this happening with Origin as well. :lol:

There they simply fixed it and tried never to mention it ever again. The people who downloaded the entire catalogue never heard a bit about it and got to keep all the games. Thought that was kinda sporting. Let's see what mess Ubisoft makes of it.

Zeriel

Arcane
MARK IV STYLE, MOTHERFUCKER!

(I can't believe people are hating on this pile of hilarity.)

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Oh wow the gameplay is exactly the same as Far cry 3 except even more linear, and all the other stuff is just a fun aesthetic choice. Who on earth could have predicted that?

Oh wait, it's just like that thing LundB was talking about.

Told you so.

Zeriel

Arcane
Fary Cry 3 as a trolly as fuck 80's shooter is a massive improvement on Far Cry 3, though, even if the gameplay is a clone.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Fary Cry 3 as a trolly as fuck 80's shooter is a massive improvement on Far Cry 3, though, even if the gameplay is a clone.
Yep it trolls counter-culture retards into thinking it makes fun of crap console shooters. While having every shitty gameplay element it makes fun of. Because you need to cover a poser market too for maximum profits.

I wonder if skyway even knows who he's angry at. Seems like it's some people inside his head. Might wanna go grab some fresh air bro.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, who gives a damn the game itself is shit, it's ironic. Oh wait, I do. Fuck this game.

You're trying way too hard. I just think it's funny, not ironic or especially satirical. I'll take entertaining mediocrity over non-entertaining shitbag mediocrity.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're trying way too hard. I just think it's funny, not ironic or especially satirical. I'll take entertaining mediocrity over non-entertaining shitbag mediocrity.
I'll take neither if I have the choice, which I do. Seriously, skyway has it right for once: it's not making fun of popamole gameplay, it just has popamole gameplay with a bit of funny on top. It might make it playable for some, I guess.

So why act like it bothers you? It's just a silly videogame, what's so bad about some people getting fun out of it? As if anyone declared Blood Dragon "a return to golden age of gaming".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom