Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Morgoth has Pre-ordered

AngryDude

Novice
Blood Dragon atleast has powerglove ost :P

UserNamer

Cipher
tried the game because I was intrigued by the idea. Gameplay wise it's total modern fare shit. Weapons are completely useless unless you aim for the head, the assault rifle is worthless (bar headshots) even at point blank range. You move fast but only when holding the sprint button and you can't fire, the moment you release that it's the same worthless shit, same shit as ever. How could they fuck this up?

Excellent soundtrack and cutscenes though. But do not expect anything fun like serious sam 3 or some actual funny game. If you play on hard weapons are basically harmless if you don't head shot\use the shotgun at copulation range.

What a let down! Fuck you. Now the game will be shat on and these idiots will think "see, running fast and non modern settings do not sell!"

-I'll give the game another chance tomorrow but still, fuck shit cock balls

AngryDude

Novice
Michael Biehn is the voice of Rex Colt :P

michael-biehn-terminatror.jpeg

AngryDude

Novice
ou move fast but only when holding the sprint button and you can't fire, the moment you release that it's the same worthless shit, same shit as ever. How could they fuck this up?

Because it's Farcry3 so it means the gameplay is more shitty than good.

Goddamn it if it only had proper gameplay and drop the Far Cry BS this could be the new duke nukem. They should go to kickstarter.

The gameplay is not that bad actually. Was tired of playing safe popamole like modern shooters are, taking everyone on Rambo on Easy/Medium and it's much more fun that way. After one hour you have quite a few fun weapons, like Terror 4000, Flamer and bow, plus there's shit like explosive rounds.

I haven't played Far Cry 3, but I imagine it gets a lot more boring with more inflated size. Right here garrisons and missions are rather short so they don't have time to get tedious.

Too bad it's nothing special. Wish it was more like Bloody Mess trait, if not a different gameplay entirely.

AngryDude

Novice
if not a different gameplay entirely.

Should be its own game entirely, guess ubisoft just wanted a quick cash grab after FC3 still on this gen as it is released in may and next-gen is coming on winter.

UserNamer

Cipher
I played another bit and I have to say the game is shit. Not "absolute shit" but in the sense of being mediocre, full of those little modern mechanics that get in the way of you and fun and you and challenge.

On hard, the game is very easy and AT THE SAME time frustating. There is NO weapon that you can just fucking click on the enemy and fire (else they become a lot less effective). Between recoil, the necessity of iron sighting EVEN WITH THE FUCKING MINIGUN, having to reload weapons like the minigun and the flamethrower, weird lag after sprinting until you can shoot for some reason- keep in mind that with all this the game is piss easy (someone suggested switching to normal\easy, but then the extreme easiness of the game would still be a problem), but all these little mechanics seem really out of place thematically and just get in the way of some good fun- why can't I just put my fucking crosshair on the enemy and fucking fire? Because then they would have to carefully consider enemy placement and general balance to make the game a challenge, so why the fuck bother, let's give the super badass cyborg protagonist the micheal j fox syndrome and call it a day! (of course any hit to the head is often instantly fatal)

Talking about enemy placement and general game design, the game feels incredibly samey, I think it was the same with the previous far cries- you just assault samey looking bases with samey enemy placement (always in numbers low enough to not pose a challenge) and you roam through a samey island. Samey, samey, samey. I think the developers tried to rely on "emergent" gameplay- instead of having carefully planned battles and carefully positioning enemies - and feels very sandboxy- and for me these are very negative words. It's a game for people who want to make their own fun instead of relying on an already competently done game.

The enemy variety is atrocious, their behavior is clanky to give a chance to even the most retarded console players, the animals are complete unfun shit to fight, the tutorial lady can't shut the fuck up and remind you of shit it just reminded you 10 minutes ago, there is a CRINGe inducing unsolicited line about VIDYA BEING HEALTHY or some shit (I turned down the volume during that speech), really the only great stuff is the music and some of the lines- cutscenes.

WARNING: DON'T EXPECT ANY KIND OF INCLINE FROM THE GAMEPLAY OF THIS TURD, DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE PRESENTATION!

AngryDude

Novice
Guise I did the impossible and Day 1 pre-ordered Ubisoft shit for the first time in my life!
:hmmm:

really the only great stuff is the music and some of the lines- cutscenes.

WARNING: DON'T EXPECT ANY KIND OF INCLINE FROM THE GAMEPLAY OF THIS TURD, DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE PRESENTATION!

We all know that by now, it's just a reskin of FC3 with good music and cutscenes, if someone hated FC3 there is no reason for him to play this. If someone remotely liked FC3 combat for 15$ he can probably get it.

Liz

Novice
Never played Far Cry 3, so I'm not going to bother with this either. And to all of those who say Ubi is inclining: I want to roll my eyes right now, but if I keep doing it, my ocular muscles might spasm and eject my eyeballs.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
So pretty much what everybody said - the FC3 gameplay really weights it down, but overall worth the playthrough for the humor alone.

Also - Transformers: The Movie (1986) reference FTW.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I don't know what you all are getting so excited about. From the trailer it looked like they just skinned over the original game. Those cyborgs really looked out of place on some dirt road in the jungle.

Machocruz

Arcane
Were people expecting 90s gameplay from a Far Cry game with a faux-80s aesthetic? Yeah, I don't remember all those awesome, twitchy FPS in the 80s

A user named cat

Blood Dragon atleast has powerglove ost :P
Wow, no kidding? Pretty awesome of them to get to do a soundtrack, shame about the game though. Power Glove got me back into retro synth music a couple years ago with "Nightforce". The sample of Last Battle for Genesis really won me over.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't know what you all are getting so excited about. From the trailer it looked like they just skinned over the original game. Those cyborgs really looked out of place on some dirt road in the jungle.

For me the main game was decent, it just had a boring aesthetic. So this thing, even if a simply palette swap and storyline, could make the game relatively incline.

AngryDude

Novice
Some more OST and dam...... ITZ beautiful ! powerglove knows how to make dat music, while their other score was ok they realy outdid themselves with the OST for Blood Dragon. :eek:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom