Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Morgoth has Pre-ordered

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I prepurchased on steam and then downloaded the game from PB and played. Is that a "Day -20 purchase"?

Game is pretty fun. If you don't like FC3 then you won't like his either, but for me it's very entertaining.

I'd like to see more such games. Fun, unpretentious games with low development costs due to asset reuse, and sold at a correspondingly low price.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Now this is quality fucking popamole. Having a blast, it really nails the 80's shit and it adds personality to Far Cry 3's relatively decent gameplay, which is what it needed.

Good stuff.

Also the soundtrack that came with Steam pre-order is a hell of a lot longer than that 17 minutes, as far as I can tell. The music is excellent.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nemesis is one of the most awesome b-class science fiction movies of all time.

The ending of Blood Dragon provides many lulz, good work Ubi . Michael Biehn is so badass :incline:.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Length-wise it seems to be 3-4 hours for anyone curious.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That would surprise me. Buddy finished it in about four hours and while he didn't do everything I doubt there's another six plus hours of side quests. Have you actually hit the ten hour mark?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That would surprise me. Buddy finished it in about four hours and while he didn't do everything I doubt there's another six plus hours of side quests. Have you actually hit the ten hour mark?

I'm up to 4 hours and have completed only 1 of the 7 main missions. I've taken over around half the outposts and done their side quests. There's a lot to do if you want to do it, I would guess 4 hours is if you mainline the "main quest."

Zeriel

Arcane

My save from after the game is complete (every outpost taken/every upgrade from quests) with maybe an hour of fooling around says 7 hours. Six hours sounds about right for main campaign + completing everything. There's a lot of random collectibles and sidequests.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
At some point it comes down to play-style. Some people play fast, some slow... there is never one magic hour number for any game. First time I played the latest Deus Ex it took me 48 hours, which was double what people said it took to do every mission.

I like to look around, explore, pace myself and be sneaky.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
If you do all the boring filler that everyone in ignored in FC3 as well, then maybe you can squeeze 10 hours out of this. Otherwise I'd say around 6 hours tops.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Man i have only watched the intro and this game has heart and soul, i love the 80's

fucking intro reminded me of syndicate

:incline:

Deleted member 7219

The soundtrack is superb. Worth getting just for that, really.

Using the pre-order discount, 20% off voucher and a couple of quids worth of cashback I earned from previous purchases, I managed to get the whole thing & the soundtrack for about £6 on GMG. I'd call that a bargain.

Steve

Augur
Just finished it, 4 hours played as I did some of the sidemissions. Was just about to get boring but then the game threw the batshit insane ending sequence. Oh boy was it worth it.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It's such a pity the most awesome part about the end sequence is an on-rails sequence.

Deleted member 7219

I've got two missions left, completed all the outposts, side-missions and collectible shite. I've had a lot of fun with this game. I doubt I'll go back to it once I'm done, at least, not for a few years, but the soundtrack is definitely something I'll listen to again.

Zeriel

Arcane
It's such a pity the most awesome part about the end sequence is an on-rails sequence.

I think that's a part of its sublime greatness. 'Satire' gets overused a lot for things that aren't even close, but that on-rails ending is legitimately great satire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom