Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 4 - *insert witty subtitle here*

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Diagnosis: I'm right.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
1409266462171.jpg
God dammit. No one's against social justice, we're against people who think straight white men are the root of all evil and everyone else is blameless.

Angthoron

Arcane
God dammit. No one's against social justice, we're against people who think straight white men are the root of all evil and everyone else is blameless.
I really don't fucking get it. So these people have audiences, acquaintances, fans that they might know that have been reasonable, egalitarian people for years, doing the "normal people" routine, maybe even occasionally chanting for some or another cause.

Along comes this lovely little scandal. So, is it reasonable to say that people are outraged with this particular event, possibly for good reason, or is it more reasonable to assume that they've all been kryptosexists that suddenly decided to come out at the expense of one poor, poor, misunderstood dev girl who just can't contain her love towards everything?

Maybe logic should be taught at schools as a mandatory fucking discipline.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Women are always right, and men are always wrong. Men have an invisible privilege that invalidates any objection to this they might have. This is what SJWs actually believe.

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
:roll:
Yeah, I'm sure it will touch on some real important issues and totally change something.

Meanwhile somewhere else:

It's almost as if the overweight women with cushy jobs in the video games business getting angry tweets like anyone else on twitter isn't the end of the world.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh, they got rid of the clown who wrote the third one. Tentative interest in this title: +1.

God dammit. No one's against social justice, we're against people who think straight white men are the root of all evil
They are.

and everyone else is blameless.
This is in fact a silly thing to believe.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

In 2004, Far Cry was about jizz-in-your-pants graphics, big dumb action hero and his sexy sidekick woman who showers naked in a cutscene, shooting smart AI mercenaries and touring Jurassic Park of mutated monkeys.

In 2014, Far Cry is about "social justice", whatever that shit is.

Fuck this world.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The fucker wants to talk about social justice when the company he works for steal alot of money from the French and Canadian people in subsidies paid by their corrupt goverments and still treat their employees as white chinese slave workers. Man, I dream the day when Ubisoft start doing "social justice" like stopping charging 60 dollars for shit sold on fake E3 videos.

I don't care if I gonna shoot chinks, niggas, sand niggas, white trash, femi nazi, token gay cybernegro, trannies or jews ... I just wanna shoot douchebags on a real open world, with open levels and not a piece of shit full of scripted "cinematic" sequences that Far Cry 3 was. If Ubisoft made good games, they already would be contributing to make the world a better place.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Roguey doesn't understand anything about gameplay. He's a retarded SJW troll and that's all he cares about. Even his infatuation with Sawyer derives from that, since Swayer's design principles are relativistic and pointing towards formlessness, which fits the l1brul psychology perfectly. From his point of view, focusing on social justice is the same as focusing on gameplay as well.

They are.

:0/5:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well according to figures Far Cry 3 has 6 million sales, wow. Definitively Skyrim with guns for many people.

Which proves once again there is a huge market for first person LARPing simulators, but companies are too retarded to understand it. One would think the market would be flood with thousand of Skyrim clones by now, but the prejudice against RPGs (even popamole ones) must be extremely strong among clueless CEOs.

Renegen

Arcane
Meh, video games were always going out of their way to have nothing to do with real life, for example that Fallujah FPS got cancelled literally only because it might offend some people. This SJW shit that every game is filled with is the same kind of disconnect from the real world except it's "controversial" (read: Kotaku can make some money from it) enough to pretend to be relevant to the real world. Everyone's happy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
To the detriment of gameplay, yes.
Not necessarily. This depends entirely on how narrative fits in with design.

You can have writers on a game without having them trying to imitate cinema. Doesn't seem to be the case for this thing though. :P

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hmm, there's a preorder "sale" for this one that includes Season Pass for 729 SEK(~80euros or 110 kwabucks). Cheap shit.
What I've seen in a few gameplay videos its gonna be exactly like Farcry 3 with "activity" sections that they Ctrl-C then Ctrl-V 20 times over and add some shitty grind collectibles and secrets.
It looks cool, world looks awesome, elephants are cool and all but Im afraid its gonna trap itself into a boring pointless shooter like the previous one.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
To the detriment of gameplay, yes.
Not necessarily. This depends entirely on how narrative fits in with design.

You can have writers on a game without having them trying to imitate cinema. Doesn't seem to be the case for this thing though. :P
Yes, in this case, it would absolutely lead to the detriment of gameplay. I wasn't talking about game design in general.

Meh, video games were always going out of their way to have nothing to do with real life, for example that Fallujah FPS got cancelled literally only because it might offend some people. This SJW shit that every game is filled with is the same kind of disconnect from the real world except it's "controversial" (read: Kotaku can make some money from it) enough to pretend to be relevant to the real world. Everyone's happy.
I wouldn't be so sure that's actually the case anymore. It seemed like it would be controversial, but the developers later released a game called "Breach," which showed their utter lack of talent. It was more likely that publishers just didn't want to fund something made by such incompetent fools, but everybody in game development has to play nice, so they made no mention of that fact.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
... but Im afraid its gonna trap itself into a boring pointless shooter like the previous one.
Of course it will. They know their target audience: console gamers that love shitty challenges and trophy hunting. I wouldn't even buy this for $5.

Baron

Arcane
1. Someone made a game and included a storyline. :x

2. Someone made a game with politics I don't agree with. :x

3. Someone made a game where I'm not the target demographic. :x

4. I'm out of Doritos and haven't left my room for three weeks... :negative:

Nah, eat stone dicks, Far Cry 4 will be the supreme :obviously:. I'm going to explode elephants with Pagan Min and push people down mountainsides quoting Marxist dialogue whilst flamboyantly overdressed for guerilla warfare. My god it's no surprise none of you have girlfriends, you must surely bore yourselves with the same relentless whining about games and embracing hatred of whatever current subgroup dominates the blogospheres. It's so very painful to read, I cannot imagine the torture those unfortunate enough to be supporting you financially through sheer accident of birth must be going through. Everyone in this thread is going to buy* this game day 1, and then whine some more after they play through it five times.

* download for the cheap fuckers

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom