Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Morgoth has Pre-ordered

Angthoron

Arcane
It's a retro-futuristic farce. Do you judge Police Academy by same standards as you judge English Patient? I don't.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I bought this the other day because I'm easily swayed by neon, but I forgot that Ubisoft's UPlay malware is installed without your consent, even if you purchase their games via Steam. That is the last Ubisoft game I'll ever purchase, and the first and last time I've had malware on my computer since I built this rig in 2011. Might as well give it a try, th—

YOU'RE LEAVING THE MISSION AREA

It's still the 2000s, alright. Nothing's changed. Linear corridor shooter requiring no player skill whatsoever.

Angthoron

Arcane
Weird, never ran into that. Maybe there's one early in the game or something, I ran around a lot. But yeah modernitis does rear its head once in a while. Motion blur for one, ugh.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Skyway, the 80ies expert?
Unlike the majority of 20-something morons that weren't even born in 80s ITT - no.

All that fapping to how 80s this game is and yet not a single hipster can tell which movie in 80s looked like a neon color puke and which musicians sounded like a shitty modern club fodder called Blood Dragon OST

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
All that fapping to how 80s this game is and yet not a single hipster can tell which movie in 80s looked like a neon color puke and which musicians sounded like a shitty modern club fodder called Blood Dragon OST

1.) I was born in 1982.

2.) Tron.

3.) Give it a fucking rest. It might be modern-ified, but the soundtrack is strongly reminiscent of movies like Terminator, Escape from New York, Blade Runner, RoboCop, Heavy Metal, and many others. The OST's on YouTube for anyone to hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXv8JVbqwao

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I believe Blood Dragon is supposed to be like a mix between an 80s Saturday morning cartoon and an 80s action movie, not like the actual 80s as they were.

MetalCraze

Arcane
1.) I was born in 1982.
So you were 8 years by the time 80s ended? Man you are credible.

2.) Tron.
This just proves you've never seen Tron.
Maybe you will try to give more examples that are not fail?

3.) Give it a fucking rest. It might be modern-ified, but the soundtrack is strongly reminiscent of movies like Terminator, Escape from New York, Blade Runner, RoboCop, Heavy Metal, and many others. The OST's on YouTube for anyone to hear.
The only thing in common those OSTs have is being electronic music.
Thankfully they were not made by a retard who found an arpeggiator button on his $50 softsynth.

I believe Blood Dragon is supposed to be like a mix between an 80s Saturday morning cartoon and an 80s action movie, not like the actual 80s as they were.
It looks more like anime if anything

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Skyway doesn't care. He's just here to bash because this shooter isn't a military photography simulator.

He's tiresome, but if everyone ignores his posts he'll still keep posting, they just won't be as distracting.

MetalCraze

Arcane
You can keep pretending that it has a sound of those movies, after all pretending is what hipsters do.

Tron didn't have electric blue, red, and green neon every which way?

Tron wasn't looking like a color puke. It was mostly blue neon too.

You're a delusional contrarian fuck pulling nonsense out of his ass.

Do you even realize how ironic it sounds?

ZOMG I'm a hipster who likes to pretend like Blood Dragon is a special game for special people like me how dare you to question me! I'm 80s expert even though I can't even name more than 1 movie that I read about on other hipster forums.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Okay, so let's do this the easy way, Skyway. You're 100% right. Have a lollipop.

Now can you please build a bridge and get the fuck over it?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Music is fine, the game is not.
Got bored after 40 minutes or so, then dropped, as did with original FC3.

Angthoron

Arcane
Whatever the case, this game does one thing right: it has a shotgun that isn't criminally underwhelming to use.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Fuck this shit man, the game crashes and the saving system is terrible.

What a great combination.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Fuck this shit man, the game crashes and the saving system is terrible.

What a great combination.
Hey, that's nostalgic! Reminder of pirated cartridges and memory cards! Must buy!

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Why does it seem the leaked, incomplete version was a lot more stable than the full release?

Bahamut

Arcane
Got a problem, i can run the game maxed fine but regardless of settings the framerate randomly goes down to unplayable levels for like 30secs, anyone had a similar problem?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom