Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Faustus - Old & forgotten RPG from the depths of shareware hell

Iznaliu

Arbiter
What do you have against scoreboards, by the way?

They look ugly and don't harmonise well with a typical RPG interface.

ushas

Savant
Uncovered part of the map. Not sure how to proceed further.
Faustus1995_map1.png

Yeah, there is a dragon.

ushas

Savant
I think the witch might be a dude
I dunno. She was overly generous for a drop of blood. I fear consequences.

Well, the readme says only part of the game is accessible, so it is quite possible that's all you will ever see.
You're probably right, may as well be those 20%. Hm, there are gates in the north, closed till we're members of some guild. On the other hand, it's also tied to a quest and totally-not-GM told us that hints are all over the land...

Btw. encounters are random, but what is a kind of charming is that you can avoid violence by greeting others.:salute:
There isn't any sly persuasion or cowardly running away going on... simply good old manners at play.
Faustus1995_Greet.png

Although, it appears that there is correlation: the bigger badass you are the more respectful to your greetings are the enemies.

espo66

Novice
Hey, why not. Looks it can scratch a dungeoneering-on-travels itch. Thanks :salute:
Characters are fixed, but you can change their names.

As it's shareware, shouldn't we expect some stopper? From the readme:
The non registered version allows you to play about 20% of the total map.
If you would like to play FAUSTUS until the final, you're requested to
become a registered user sending us your complete name, address and the
indicated license/registration fee. We hope that you will agree that
the US $15.00 license fee is a small price to pay for this game.
Alternatively, one can mail 20 Deutsche Mark. If you have some leftovers, that's probably cheaper today. :)

Really liking that shopping tabular interface.
Reusing thesheeep's screen:
By arrows up/down you browse items, arrows left/right switch party members, and keys +/- increase/decrease amount to buy or sell. Enter to confirm it all... No nonsense.

Stumbled upon a witch!
Faustus1995_witch1.png
Let's choose G. What could possibly go wrong?

Btw. dungeons are mapped automatically, no need of diamonds.
Is that witch Bruce Dickinson?

alicecoopermark

Barely Literate
you have the original disk from Faustus,
are you willing to sell it?:)
i am an RPG collector.
i'll grandly take it off your hands!

jakkis

Novice
Paint graphics! Reminds me of Castle in the winds, of course a bit different. Or the skiing game where the bear comes and eats you.

What other games look like drawn in Paint?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom