Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite Eurojank RPG

Favorite Eurojank

• Two Worlds II

• E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

• Gothic 2

• Divinity II (NOT DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2), incl. re-releases

• Risen

• Mars: War Logs

• Drakensang: TRoT

• Technomancer

• Elex

• Bound By Flame

• Demonicon

• Blackguards 1 & 2

• Other(I'm tired of making choices, leave a post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Codex Year of the Donut
After decades of being oppressed by evil communists, there are some europeans who wish to show that they have what it takes to be an American -- in spirit at least because they're still poor as fuck but not as poor as a dirty communist.

Falksi

Arcane
Fuckinghell, there are some of my favourite modern games on there.

Gothic 2 goes without saying, but I loved the first 2 Risen games, absolutely THRIVED on Divinity 2:TDKS on first playthrough, have just installed Drakensang & Elex, and think Technomancer is the best action RPG for the PS4 by FAR.

Hell even Two Words Two was entertaining and a bit of a laugh.

Bound by Flame was shite though.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Gothic 2 is not Eurojank, it was better than Morrowshit in every single way and they were released in the same year, Gothic 2 looked good and even to this day it still holds up, there was nothing janky about it, the game was fairly polished, sure the combat was a little ''weird'' at first but still better than first person dice roll combat, what a fucking retarded idea. Gothic 2 was AAA worthy for it's time.

vazha

Arcane
The poll is missing Of Orcs and Men, Spellforce, Inquisitor, Expeditions, Eisenwald and pretty much every decent (yes, they exist) Russian RPG just to name a few.

Codex Year of the Donut
The poll is missing Of Orcs and Men, Spellforce, Inquisitor, Expeditions, Eisenwald and pretty much every decent (yes, they exist) Russian RPG just to name a few.
I got tired of typing tbh

I never finished Of Orcs and Men. Made it to the last chapter IIRC, I should go finish it. I enjoyed the plot a lot, but the combat left a lot wanting. The game was pretty difficult on the hardest setting though.
Are the Styx games worth playing for the plot? They're linked, right?

vazha

Arcane
I got tired of typing tbh

I never finished Of Orcs and Men. Made it to the last chapter IIRC, I should go finish it. I enjoyed the plot a lot, but the combat left a lot wanting. The game was pretty difficult on the hardest setting though.
Are the Styx games worth playing for the plot? They're linked, right?
Styx is hands down the best stealth series to come out since Thief III. Definitely worth a punt, especially the first one.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
How is Gothic 2 jank? Gothic 3 would've been a better option since it has a lot more questionable systems, mechanics and balance.

This. Eurojank usually refers to fairly clunky, unpolished and buggy games. The Witcher is also missing from that list, it's definitely worse than Gothic II when it comes to clunkyness and polish (HEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEE).

Paul_cz

Arcane
Should have just included all AA/AAA euroRPGs, the "other" option is lame

Anyway, from the list Gothic 2

Not from the list, Kingdom Come, Witcher

Elex and Two Worlds 2 are gut too

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If there is one thing that should be a bannable offense it's referring to Gothics as "eurojank", whatever the term means.

Reasons:
1. Read it first on 4chan
2. Basically means "Game I don't really enjoy but people seems to like it"
2. If you can't enjoy Gothic, GTFO.

Ziggy

Scholar

what are those decent russian rpgs
space rangers 2 is the only one that comes to mind

Serus

Arcane
Patron
If there is one thing that should be a bannable offense it's referring to Gothics as "eurojank", whatever the term means.

Reasons:
1. Read it first on 4chan
2. Basically means "Game I don't really enjoy but people seems to like it"
2. If you can't enjoy Gothic, GTFO.
On the other hand Gothic is an action rpg so an inferior genre meant to be played by less prestigious individuals by definition. :smug:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are referred to as Eurojank as well, but I don't think they are RPGs (haven't played any).

Martyr

Arcane
"Eurojank" is just one of those words people use to sound edgy. I can't take that shit seriously and I voted as if the title said "favorite european RPG?" .

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Eurojank triggers the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom