Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite Quests

Rosh

Erudite
Section8 said:
I'm being the all around good guy at the moment, unless you count making my two female companions wander around topless to be evil. But it's all part of the RP. I'm a travelling bard with two exotic dancers to spice up my show a little. :twisted:

You'll never change. :lol:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Section8 said:
But like a few people who have posted above me I really like the way quests don't really feel like they're quests. The Vauni/Antius quest I solved more out of a kind of soap opera "what happens next" curiosity than any desire to gain XP or ph4t l3wt. Also the missing child quest I haven't really delved int but I like the fact that the parents say "If we had any idea where he might be we'd go and look" instead of something like "He said he was going to play near the Haunted Mines of Doom. I wonder where he could be..."

I kind of thing the other kids in the village should have an idea where he is. After all, they're kids and kids talk about things with each other that they won't with their parents.

Like, after talking with the kids, it gives a map location with the general whereabouts of where that kid might be.

That's just my take on it.

Chadeo

Liturgist
SEMI-SPOLIERS

While you are at it, perhaps you might think about changing the hunters dialog for the dweller cave quest up in the citadel.

If I remember what he said right, he mentions that if you get to the river you have gone too far east. Thus both implying that the cave is near by, and it is on this side of the river. Yet if you look on your map, it is way over to the east, and on the wrong side of the river.

Still once I knew it was on the valley map it was easy to find.

Speaking of the map system, any way you could add an option to just travel directly to a location even if you are on the same map? Some of us really are that lazy 8)

P.S. Thanks for the help CP, I am now the proud owner of five Thaumaturgist rituals.

CP

Liturgist
SPOILERS

Chadeo said:
P.S. Thanks for the help CP, I am now the proud owner of five Thaumaturgist rituals.

Great. You don't have them all yet though. One of them is particularly difficult to get. It requires a particularly high level of a rarely used skill. If you want me to give you more clues or just cut to the chase just let me know....

CP

Carioz

Novice
First and foremost I would like to apologize for my English, being not a native speaker sometimes my sentences will come out pretty much jumbled.
Having said this, I just have to say Prelude, which I bought some days ago, is just brilliant. Good job!
Before wandering too much off topic, I'll say that I really liked the Lupins den multiple solutions, even if the quest reward might be just a tad too powerful, but I am still in the high waters regarding Eino quest.
After having expolered Kellen (or Kresh??) a bit, I went downstream toward Land's End.
SPOILER WARNING
Infiltrating the rebellion was extremely simple: there is a piece of iron ore just waiting to be grabbed over Ironwood blacksmith table, which is unguarded by night; maybe, just maybe it would be better to have it at least locked, given how rare iron ore is.

makatoshi

Novice
missing child

I have only played the kellen area but i have solved the missing child, Eino, quest. Since u asked cp

CP

Liturgist
Carioz said:
Having said this, I just have to say Prelude, which I bought some days ago, is just brilliant. Good job!

Thanks so much. We worked really hard to create a true crpg for real role playing gamers. That said, I can't tell you how much it means to us to receive this kind of feedback from such a credible fanbase. Please continue to give us feedback - whether good or bad - so that we can fine tune prelude to reach its full potential.

Carioz said:
Infiltrating the rebellion was extremely simple: there is a piece of iron ore just waiting to be grabbed over Ironwood blacksmith table, which is unguarded by night; maybe, just maybe it would be better to have it at least locked, given how rare iron ore is.

oh. ahem. i guess we missed that in testing. :oops:

really, really good catch man. and an easy fix. will be fixed next version.

CP

Kyminara

Novice
I am really impressed with this game. The story is great, and I enjoy the quests because they not only fit well in the story, but they all seem to have multiple solutions. I enjoyed discovering new things about the History of the Valley. :D

I started with a Flame Alcolyte, a River Bard, and a River Bodyguard. I experimented with other characters, but I decided I like this group best. The alcolyte is also studying at the Academy.

For Eino's quest, I think the townspeople give clues about him sometimes when you gossip with them. I found him pretty easily, but I got very frustrated trying to find the Lupin Den. The only clue I saw for that was "They must have a den around here somewhere."

For the Fever quest in the Barrier, I have a pretty good guess for what causes it, but I can't get into the right place yet to see if I'm right.

Land's End seems tough to me. Most of the quests I found there, I just left half finished. (For example, I still don't know what to do for that guy in the caves.)

Thaumaturgy seems great, but there's no indication of how long the spells last, and it doesn't give any notice when they wear off.
What skill helps you get that good thaumaturgy spell?

Thanks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom