Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Final Fantasy Tactics-like RPG

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Taka-Haradin puolipeikko, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Werdna's Revenge Cipher Patron

Werdna's Revenge
    Any word on when this gets out of EA?

^ Top  
  2. Your Order Has Arrived Novice

Your Order Has Arrived
    April, according to their roadmap.

^ Top  
  3. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

^ Top  
  4. Emmanuel2 Savant

Emmanuel2
    Just finished the current content in Max All difficulty + Permadeath. I had 1 injury for characters and 2 injuries for 2 characters, I didn't abuse Kyrie's (main character) immunity to injury.

It's quite a good Tactics game, though I only considered the gameplay. Difficulty at Maxed All is pretty good, as in you won't go by just randomly inputting attack.

From the playthrough, I found that:
    • You can grind in the first 4 zones albeit you have to do a little screwing around to make it viable.
    - There's a setting in the game that lets you scale up the entire map up to the level cap (99), but the 4 "tutorial" maps does not. They still scale in equipment though based on your story progression IIRC.​

• Magic (and sorcery) is pretty much King. At Lategame in Max All difficulty, you basically NEVER want to melee due to high DEF/high Damage and a large risk of permadeath. And most of the time, you'd want to one-turn entire legions instead of CC"ing them one at a time as they will tend to overwhelm you all and that enemies will spam revivals along with high healing potions.
    - In the Permadeath setting, injuries are permanent and they'll permanently reduce a random stat by 5% (there's no indication as to which stat though which is kind of annoying). At 5 injuries, the character permanently dies. So having a melee character tank all the hits that take up around 1/4 or 1/3rd of your health unless you have the Knight's Defend skill is pretty much hell.​
    • Monsters are a bitch in the early game, come late-game you'll be thankful that they're the opponent unless you like Melee/Physical attacks.
    - Due to the +50% stats, monsters have a serious bump in their stats relative to your growth in the early game. It's not uncommon to see one monster taking half a unit's health.​
    • Gambler, Gunner, Sorcerer, and Princess are pretty much the best classes in the game due to Focus, Quicken, Economy, Initiative, and Princess' Double Cast II.
    - Gunner has access to guns. long range status effects and Focus. Gambler's card abilities are 100% hit always and cannot be mitigated, they have Initiative which means they get a free turn at the start of combat AND Quicken which is basically quicken from FFT. Sorcerer is a mapwide nuker with Economy which if used with Gambler, you can cast quicken every turn. Princess is basically Quicken + Heal + Double Cast and the ability to equip Flash Daggers (+33 speed).​
    • Lich is a pretty good class too due to Blood Magic. The only issue with Lich is that they use Dark element spells which falls off in the late game due to most enemies/monsters having resistance to them.
    - A lot of the enemies have dark resistance in the later parts and they're mostly the annoying ones. Holy on the other hand is very useful but a good amount of Bosses are better off being pelted with Elemental attacks.​
    • Some unique classes are cool in concept like the Vampire, Immortal, Demon Knight, etc. but they all feel lackluster compared to the non-secret classes except for Princess and Lich.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    https://www.fellseal.com/single-post/2019/02/22/Fell-Friday-80---Finishing-VFXSFX

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Darth Canoli Arcane

Darth Canoli
    I didn't go that far but i played 3 more battles with the new build, didn't grind at all, first two on max difficulty, last one on custom difficulty (+25% stats / +33% level scaling )

They fixed the difficulty issue, you can make it challenging now but i think it's better to find your own custom difficulty settings and avoid grinding, it's probably making the game more challenging on the long run and you can always change the difficulty settings as you go (even if some fights are way tougher than others)

The fight in front of the first temple on custom difficulty and a level 5 party and just 6 party members and the guest was something and resurrection a real asset.

Overall, it's getting better and better, i really like the guest character, i hope he sticks around.

Show Spoiler
    A kind of insect with some special dual-classes

Well, i didn't play the more advanced classes yet, saving it for the final version.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Emmanuel2 Savant

Emmanuel2
    I did mention that my custom settings were set at max since the hardest preset wasn't that hard at all; basically +50% stats, max level scaling, maxed gear (everyone had full accessory slots including monsters), permadeath, etc. It was a hard time, but setting down the difficulty would just be admitting defeat for me. At that time which was patch #78, I finished all the content including the main story so far.

As far as I've read from the recent patch notes, they haven't addressed a lot of the balance yet.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Darth Canoli Arcane

Darth Canoli
    I don't think grinding to achieve playing on the hardest difficulty is a victory but let's leave it at that.

Also, the AI isn't the best i've seen but it's probably better than its role models in that area.

^ Top  
  11. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    https://www.fellseal.com/single-post/2019/03/15/Fell-Friday-83---Biggest-content-update-yet

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    https://www.fellseal.com/single-post/2019/03/22/Fell-Friday-84---Preparing-for-Release

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    https://www.fellseal.com/single-post/2019/04/05/Fell-Friday-86---Huge-Balance-Update

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    First review seems to be up.
    https://nichegamer.com/reviews/fell-seal-arbiters-mark-review/
    It lists full release for current month.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    https://www.fellseal.com/single-post/2019/04/12/Fell-Friday-87---Achievements-Cloud-Saves

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  20. Harry Easter Savant

Harry Easter
    Played five hours of early access and so far it's fun. Recommended so far.

• incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Darth Canoli Arcane

Darth Canoli
    Same here, waiting for the final release to restart, seems really promising. :bounce:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    https://www.fellseal.com/single-post/2019/04/19/Fell-Friday-88---Release-date-announced

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Sounds like you're good to start playing now, as long as you're not planning on reaching the end of the game in 9 days of playing. Getting pretty tempted to grab this one now. Seems like it's a well done FFT/Tactics Ogre homage.

EDIT: Went ahead a got this today, and boy am I glad I did. Took about 30-45 minutes of playing before it hooked me, but I'm kind of addicted now. Didn't want to stop playing after 4 hours to go to bed. Really enjoy how they've handled the job system in this. Building up characters and specializations is a lot of fun.

Some pretty well-designed wilderness maps so far too. Story is definitely much simpler than the likes of FFT and Tactics Ogre, but it has me interested. The characters are likeable and the world is pretty neat.

Characterer portraits and maps are beautiful, but the humanoid character models take some getting used to. Still not sure about them, particularly some of the goofy randomization of enemy models. Wish there was just a "standard" option in the settings for that. I like the Kyrie sprite used on the world map and kind of wish they had used a similar style on the battlefield. A mild complaint though, in the face of the rest of the nice stuff going on here. Game seems quite good.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  25. SkiNNyBane Arbiter Patron

SkiNNyBane
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    The mandatory is this shit worth buying?

• Yes Yes x 3
    • No No x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.