Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) 17 - Official Thread

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
You've built your team wrong. One player with over 80 pace? What do you think you're playing? PES?

Ultimate Team is a horror show that has the tempo of an arcade hockey game and which everyone plays using aimbot assisted controls. Okay, I haven't actually played FIFA 17, but I assume that it's the same as all the previous games in the series.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Seriously, is there anyone else other than me that plays with everything on manual?
I did when I still played FIFA. It should be the only way to play unless you're learning the game, but the game does nothing to encourage it, and I doubt most players even bother to change the settings or know that it's possible. Even the damn skill games use assisted controls, which totally goes against the idea of learning to master the controls in an entertaining way.

As a PC player you're pretty much stuck with singleplayer because manual players simply don't exist (or at least I've never found an online opponent using the manual filter). That is, unless defending against super accurate lobbed through balls all day is your idea of fun.

Thankfully PES finally got good again this year, even if it still has that 90's arcade game feel to its game modes along with the usual issues regarding licences etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom