Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final exodus of BioWare leadership - Casey Hudson and Mark Darrah resign

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Ellis seems certifiably insane, but I will say that one thing he's right about - Mark Darrah doesn't seem to have actually made a specific stand on what he or Bioware stand for. It's like he's scared to explicitly say it or put actual words to it, so he avoids it.

I admit it's implied, but really, Darrah's statement to Ellis that all the Bioware groupies lauded really amounted to "Ellis, you're unprofessional, and you're unlikely to be hired again." Which feels like a very warm milky response and pretty obvious to anyone with a brain.

If Darrah said something else, though, let me know - I didn't dig deep into the convo between these two idiot monkeys.

I just wish Patrick Weekes had vanished, then I might care about DragonAge. Maybe.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I look forward to grabbing meals again once all this COVID stuff is well and truly gone.
He doesn't really want to have a meal with him, he's just looking for an excuse.

I'm not opposed to the romances. But they were little pieces of a larger whole that made up your interactions with a character.
Were they really? In BG2 the romanceable companions had two paths: either you romanced them, or they didn't talk to you at all. Dragon Age Origins was the first Bioware RPG that really committed to giving companions friendship paths with a decent amount of content.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The dude that voiced Anders or some shit supposedly went ham on Casey Hudson. Dude supposedly supports Trump or something and is about to get blacklisted from BioWoke. Saw it on my Google new feed. Anyone know what's up with that?

Absinthe

Arcane
He's the party member you get in KotOR 2 instead of Handmaiden if your protagonist is a chick, which is pretty much the reason playing a female protagonist sucks (Handmaiden is a better-written character and gives a better skill), even though female protagonists get a lot of bonus dialogues that male protagonists don't. Disciple does make a decent Jedi though, since he moves from Soldier (Warrior type) into Jedi Consular (Mage type), giving him massive sets of proficiencies and feats while also collecting a ton of force powers and force points as a Consular. He's the only Jedi Consular party member other than Kreia that you can get.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Ellis seems certifiably insane, but I will say that one thing he's right about - Mark Darrah doesn't seem to have actually made a specific stand on what he or Bioware stand for. It's like he's scared to explicitly say it or put actual words to it, so he avoids it.

I admit it's implied, but really, Darrah's statement to Ellis that all the Bioware groupies lauded really amounted to "Ellis, you're unprofessional, and you're unlikely to be hired again." Which feels like a very warm milky response and pretty obvious to anyone with a brain.

If Darrah said something else, though, let me know - I didn't dig deep into the convo between these two idiot monkeys.

I just wish Patrick Weekes had vanished, then I might care about DragonAge. Maybe.

I already explained what is happening.

taomcio

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Lol, another one bites the dust

Edit:

And I wonder if he has chosen this gif delibelatery

HIJ2EXu.jpg

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Now they're gonna join other game studios and fuck them up even more. Who's going to track all of these degenerates?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They should make a Mass Effect gacha, I hear the kids are crazy for those things.

These gachas usually have irealtively attractive women tho, and are often in sexy pose/outfit as well as main selling point.

Who the fuck wants to gacha for modern Bioware design? :lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Now they're gonna join other game studios and fuck them up even more. Who's going to track all of these degenerates?
Old bioware had talent. The biggest problem is that they are canadian studious,aka local ones. They have very small pool of people to hire,unlike evro firms. They will end up with the same generic sjw retarded kwan/canadians.

Thsoe new firms could end up delivering one or two good games before they end up shit like bioware.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The biggest problem is that they are canadian studious,aka local ones. They have very small pool of people to hire,unlike evro firms.
False.

While Bioware's hometown isn't near Montreal, Montreal has been one of the biggest hubs for game development in the world. This is in part due to huge tax breaks. There are a lot of studios there, a lot of talent. Which is why, when a studio expands and creates another branch, it's often in Montreal. That's what Bioware did. The problem is with leadership. Offshots are often badly managed, with no good direction.

Nephilim

Educated
The problem with montreal is that it's full of french people
The problem is that it's full of Canadians and French, two of the most vile populaces on this Earth. Combine the two and you get cancer like BioWare.
The problem is the western woke mentality: make women ugly to appease the grotesque looking trans women, be all inclusive while sacrificing creativity and trying to appease twitter retards, who are not playing video games but bitch about them.

DeepOcean

Arcane
But french are superior to anglos in any way. Not as chad as slavs tho.
Man, pretty much all old brazilian writers were unanimous on the "Dont send your child to France, he will return gay." message. I always thought that was an exaggeration, until I read books from other countries and they pretty much agree with the "Dont send your child to France, he will return gay." sentiment. Lets say that stereotype didnt get better after WWII so, here, in Brazil, when we know someone came from France, immediately we think "oh, so this guy is gay.". Lets say that after France became SJW central in Europe, that long secular tradition of assuming all frenchies are gay is well and strong.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
But french are superior to anglos in any way. Not as chad as slavs tho.
Man, pretty all old brazilian writers were unanimous on the "Dont send your child to France, he will return gay." message. I always thought that was an exageration, until I read books from other countries and they pretty much agree with the "Dont send your child to France, he will return gay." sentiment. Lets say that stereotype didnt get better after WWII so here in Brazil, when we know someone came from France, imediatly we think "oh, so this guy is gay.". Lets say that after France became SJW central in Europe, that long secular tradition of assuming all frenchies are gay is well and strong.
Oh yeah,i agree with you,don't send your child to france or it will return gay. That said,french keep to their own country and don't really bother others. English on other hand go around the world and turn everything gay,just look at americas.

From Evropa i grade the foreign cultures this way:
Top tier Iberians and Italians,then the French,then chad swiss cannibals,danish,german and in the end english.

PS: Gay means cheerful in french....so yeah they are fagz.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Oh yeah,i agree with you,don't send your child to france or it will return gay. That said,french keep to their own country and don't really bother others. English on other hand go around the world and turn everything gay,just look at americas.

From Evropa i grade the foreign cultures this way:
Top tier Iberians and Italians,then the French,then chad swiss cannibals,danish,german and in the end english.

PS: Gay means cheerful in french....so yeah they are fagz.
Anglos really are the worst, you're right. Where I'm from people are fighting over famous historical figures to claim them as their own while in Britain the state television portrays their own historical figures as foreigners.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom