Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final exodus of BioWare leadership - Casey Hudson and Mark Darrah resign

Stokowski

Arcane

Lol. I didn't know how bad it really is.

While I grok his point about staff turnover, it sounds very strange to have anyone who had any role in making a game described as a "developer".

Or is this some weird modern usage all the kids are using?

CanadianCorndog

Learned

Lol. I didn't know how bad it really is.

While I grok his point about staff turnover, it sounds very strange to have anyone who had any role in making a game described as a "developer".

Or is this some weird modern usage all the kids are using?

25% annual turnover at big publishers and developers is not uncommon. One of the big publishers had a policy of canning the bottom 10% of performers every year no matter what. I think it was copied from G.E. and Jack Welch. So these sort of videos mean nothing.

As for calling someone a developer, I think it switched from meaning software engineer years ago. Is a technical artist a developer if they make tools or write scripted code? Developer is a stupid word anyway, just use software engineer or programmer.

ekrolo2

Learned
:negative:

Just finished my ME trilogy replay. Fuck that ending is still mega shit. Really reignited me hate for cucksy hutshit!
I think Destroy pissed me off the most in a recent playthrough. The stupid AI is already in control of the Reapers and says it'll defer to Shepards decision... So why does Shepard have to blow up some weird tube thing? Why do EDI and the geth have to die? Why can't Shepard just tell the kid to turn off all this Reaper crap and go away? Or does that make too much sense?

Larianshill

Arbiter
For some reason that I can't comprehend, Casey Hudson really wants you to pick Synthesis ending, and wants you to feel bad about picking Destroy - the logical thing you've been led to for the entire trilogy.

Just finished my ME trilogy replay. Fuck that ending is still mega shit. Really reignited me hate for cucksy hutshit!
You are being generous. The entire third game is weeb trash that should have never been made. It even ruined the trilogy.

Just thinking about starchild and the new supergay teammate, that was constantly crying about his dead husband, is enough to just make me cringe.

EDIT: rusty_shackleford apparently really liked the supergay teammate. Did you romance him?
EDIT2: fantadomat is apparently also a fan of James Vega and Starchild.

What is wrong with you faggots? :lol:

1BMEx3f.jpg

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
Only the first game is good. Everything changes after it - the plot, the atmosphere, the characters. A character like Jack could never be in ME1.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You are being generous. The entire third game is weeb trash that should have never been made. It even ruined the trilogy.

Just thinking about starchild and the new supergay teammate, that was constantly crying about his dead husband, is enough to just make me cringe.

EDIT: rusty_shackleford apparently really liked the supergay teammate. Did you romance him?

1BMEx3f.jpg
LoL that is not the gay dude,the faggit is the shuttle driver.

If game is played with all the dlcs it is kind off ok. But there is a lot of bad writing and stupidity in it for sure. Like making cerberus the main antagonists and making the rapers a big boogie man that looks retarded and weak from the point of the player. You kill those fucks left and right all the time in stupid ways,but for the rest of the game they have plot armour lol. It is like in the end you kill one by shooting it with low range missile from the cold war,but it is shown as big thing. It is clear that cucksy is a fucking retard that can't even do a basic scaling/. And yeah,it does fuck up the trilogy,also it have the most annoying combat. Having the same key for running,jumping,dodging,taking cover and using item was beyond retarded.

The best part of the game was teh shore leave dlc,the party at the end was great.

1BMEx3f.jpg
LoL that is not the gay dude,the faggit is the shuttle driver.
You're right, it was Steve Cortez the shuttle driver. This guy was supposed to be the alpha male romance for femshep, but he is just a really lame, shallow and boring character.

The best part of the game was teh shore leave dlc,the party at the end was great.
That was the only part of the game I really enjoyed, other than the battle with the beetle reaper or the mars base and maybe one or two other things.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That was the only part of the game I really enjoyed, other than the battle with the beetle reaper or the mars base and maybe one or two other things.
yeah,quality wise it is far above the rest of the game. Also the proton chad is dude bro. I always used him with garet. Didn't touch the rest of the companions. The worst part of the game by far was the final arc.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
25% annual turnover at big publishers and developers is not uncommon. One of the big publishers had a policy of canning the bottom 10% of performers every year no matter what. I think it was copied from G.E. and Jack Welch. So these sort of videos mean nothing.

As for calling someone a developer, I think it switched from meaning software engineer years ago. Is a technical artist a developer if they make tools or write scripted code? Developer is a stupid word anyway, just use software engineer or programmer.

It would be interesting to see the 25% turnover breakdowns for fired, laid off, and quit, even though that doesn't always reflect the real circumstances of the departure.

While I'm sure EA wouldn't mind chopping 10%, I don't know if Bioware has that same mentality or if they would go along with that. It seemed like a number of people leaving couldn't take it anymore.

Saerain

Augur
Patron

I think Destroy pissed me off the most in a recent playthrough. The stupid AI is already in control of the Reapers and says it'll defer to Shepards decision... So why does Shepard have to blow up some weird tube thing? Why do EDI and the geth have to die? Why can't Shepard just tell the kid to turn off all this Reaper crap and go away? Or does that make too much sense?
Distrusting the kid, I assume, which I'd honestly expect for a Shepard going Destroy.

But yes, it's all stupid. Pulled off a good atmosphere that cloaked really insulting writing.

Rafidur

Learned
Why would you trust that the destroy pillar thingy actually destroys things then? Wish you could just pull a gun and shoot the machinery.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Distrusting the kid, I assume, which I'd honestly expect for a Shepard going Destroy.

But yes, it's all stupid. Pulled off a good atmosphere that cloaked really insulting writing.
The whole ending was retarded,the worst part was the hour of pointless dragging in cinematics and slow crawling before it. I had to 5x speedhack it and still took me like 15 minutes of that shit lol. The whole game have really shit writing and no interesting antagonists. The lack of Karpyshyn is pretty obvious. Cucksy Cumsom went full butthurt when people hated his shitty writing,a really petty little bitch that one. He is the main reason why bioware had gone to shit,little faggot,i should pay some gypso to put a curse on the little cock sucking slime!

Whimper

Educated
The problem with montreal is that it's full of french people
But french are superior to anglos in any way. Not as chad as slavs tho.
Man, pretty all old brazilian writers were unanimous on the "Dont send your child to France, he will return gay." message. I always thought that was an exageration, until I read books from other countries and they pretty much agree with the "Dont send your child to France, he will return gay." sentiment. Lets say that stereotype didnt get better after WWII so here in Brazil, when we know someone came from France, imediatly we think "oh, so this guy is gay.". Lets say that after France became SJW central in Europe, that long secular tradition of assuming all frenchies are gay is well and strong.
Oh yeah,i agree with you,don't send your child to france or it will return gay. That said,french keep to their own country and don't really bother others. English on other hand go around the world and turn everything gay,just look at americas.

From Evropa i grade the foreign cultures this way:
Top tier Iberians and Italians,then the French,then chad swiss cannibals,danish,german and in the end english.

PS: Gay means cheerful in french....so yeah they are fagz.
The French are always interfering in places like Rwanda, Libya &c, so are the americans but the French foreign policy is pretty aggressive. I, however, like the French and haven't really heard of this gay reputation before. I wonder if the French are behind Bioware's collapse?

The lack of Karpyshyn is pretty obvious. Cucksy Cumsom (...) the little cock sucking slime!
Mac Walters is the Harbinger of Decline (see what I did there).

Karpyshyn is far from an amazing writer, but his writing skills are at least decent. Imagine what ME3 could have been if he wouldn't have left Bioware to write novels. It certainly would not have turned out to be as bad as the trash that Cuck Walters gave us.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The lack of Karpyshyn is pretty obvious. Cucksy Cumsom (...) the little cock sucking slime!
Mac Walters is the Harbinger of Decline (see what I did there).

Karpyshyn is far from an amazing writer, but his writing skills are at least decent. Imagine what ME3 could have been if he wouldn't have left Bioware to write novels. It certainly would not have turned out to be as bad as the trash that Cuck Walters gave us.
Oh yeah,he is not a great writer,but he had a vision for the whole trilogy and people dig in to that shit with the first two games. Then Cucksy got bitchy and pushed him off the writing team and ended up delivering that shit lol. A lot of plot threads got cut off like the stars going super nova and mass effect. Instead we go muh leviathan retarded octopus aliens as origin. The original story had something bigger and bader than reapers and they were farming people to get ready for it or something similar.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Only the first game is good. Everything changes after it - the plot, the atmosphere, the characters. A character like Jack could never be in ME1.

It's simple - the genre shifts from science fiction, to science fantasy.
It was always science fantasy. What changed after ME1 is that the story stopped being driven by reason and started being driven by drama.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom