Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - dark fantasy reimagining of FF1 from Team Ninja

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
The combat doesn't look half bad actually. Decent time to kill, very fast dodges and you can dodge through moves, parries look satisfying, overall slow speed and clear tells on enemies.

But the writing. Those characters seem min maxed to be unlikeable, the CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS stuff legit sounds like a parody of a Square Enix game, the weapons look stupid even for JRPG standards and the art design looks worse than some literal asset flips.

The fuck happened with this game?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
By naming it Origin, they had chance to make this one in the Amano style. Characters look bland even for Nomura, as if he was forced to design them or something.

Hyperion

Arcane
"Expect the title to play similar to Nioh or other games in the genre, but to be more accessible for a wider audience", the article explains.

is set somewhere in the same world as the very first Final Fantasy title on the NES

It's going to be shit. Watch it be a double kick in the fucking balls as it's intended to be a full on remake of the original FF.
Goddamnit, I hate being right.

ENzLCRlXUAU0Oqf.jpg

:negative:

Deflowerer

Arcane
The combat doesn't look half bad actually. Decent time to kill, very fast dodges and you can dodge through moves, parries look satisfying, overall slow speed and clear tells on enemies.

But the writing. Those characters seem min maxed to be unlikeable, the CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS stuff legit sounds like a parody of a Square Enix game, the weapons look stupid even for JRPG standards and the art design looks worse than some literal asset flips.

The fuck happened with this game?

Probably has something to do with the colllaboration. The main people credited were all on SE side, so I assume Team Ninja is probably just half-assing it.

Adenocaulon

Educated
The character of 2:11 has a zipper, so it is a Nomura character.

The other two are generic, but this looks as disgusting as Kingdom Hearts characters.

Lincolnberry

Educated
Yikes.

I'll never wish for a game to do poorly, but if they can speed up the timeframe where they promote Yoshi P to make all the decisions for the FF franchise by sheer survival instinct, that would not be the worst outcome in my book. Maybe he'll even sanction a moderate budget new SaGa game too.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Given the director's work in the past with Square Enix exclusively involve a couple Crystal Chronicle games, FF XIII/Lightning Returns, and fucking Dirge of Cerberus guess it makes sense that this trailer is giving me a stroke.

Also obligatory

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh! There's a demo on PS5? Let me just download it, and see for myself if gameplay can save this. Time to boot it up! Nice, the data is corrupted!

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Homage to beloved colorful turn-based RPG with cute silent protagonists is an edgy Souls-like action game where a trio of black-clad anger-management issues won't shut up during their massacre through a creepy black tower. That about sums it up?

Doktor Best

Arcane
Is this trailer for fucking real? People in charge at Square Enix signed this off as appropriate to showcase their new Final Fantasy IP?

This has gotta be some sort of prank...

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this trailer for fucking real? People in charge at Square Enix signed this off as appropriate to showcase their new Final Fantasy IP?

This has gotta be some sort of prank...
you see how all final fantasy games look since 2010 suddenly you're not surprised anymore.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I HAVE TO DESTROY CHAAAOOSSSS! IT'S NOT A GOAL OR A DREAM, IT'S LIKE HOMEWORK!

Jesus Christ, who wrote that?
:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom