Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Duraframe300

Arcane
Mainly because of the graphics. And thats because its the only Final Fantasy game that graphically due to its bkockiness has aged terribly. Final Fantasy IV-VI still look perfectly fine. So do VIII and IX and so on.

No, wait you may count FFIII to that if you want since that IIRC never got a proper 2D update only the terrible looking 3D DS one. But, IMO nes still looks fine enough.

*Graphicswhoredex*

Other than that a better official translation would be nice.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I just don't see the point in making the FF7 reimagining a menu based action RPG like Kingdom Hearts and FF15 (I'm guessing that that's what it's going to be). I mean we have Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF15 for that.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
No turn based combat? Sweet, now i can completely fucking ignore this shit.

Die in a fucking fire squaresoft.

:hero:

Alfons

Prophet
Daily reminder the remake will not be Final Fantasy VII. It'll be Final Fantasy VII: Post Compilation Revised Edition which'll 'update' core features to ensure they meet the expectations of modern fans of the series (RE: people who've never played Final Fantasy VII). Not to mention the original game's story raped just so the director's can insert their shitty fanfic characters from the spinoff games into it in order to get the validation they've been craving for the past decade.
Lightning-returns-cloud-4.jpg

:incloosive:
Dis gon be gud.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ugh. This is such shit. It's depressing.
Also, liked that Squall dream death thing. I never really thought about it like that. Good plot, not bad.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I'm still waiting for the evolution of Resonance of Fate battle system in a new JRPG, although I am not sure how melee would work exactly.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's pretty incredible how little confidence SE shows in their own engines after spending so much time showcasing them.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's pretty incredible how little confidence SE shows in their own engines after spending so much time showcasing them.

Especially because they only use the for demos. Can't stand the crying feather witch anymore.

Adon

Arcane

After all the problems with the Crystal Tools engine I don't blame them for not using Luminous with some of their most anticipated games to make sure they have a smooth development.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Don't buy this game, it has Cloud's Sword in it.

Remember, the game was developed for Japanese youth, primarily. Ultra-bashful, super-childish flirtation/romance seems to be the norm in Japanese culture, even into adulthood.
It doesn't even have anything to do with Japanese culture or whatever the fuck, the problem with FF8's romance is that the build-up non-existent - there isn't even any so-called "bashful flirting" or "awkward silences" etc.

Squall literally does not give two shit about her and they barely interact outside of their first dance until Disc 3 rolls along and suddenly he is all "NO RINOA DON'T LEAVE ME" out of the blue.

Machocruz

Arcane
I wonder if SE will innovate and come up with any new lies about why TB is not fit for the modern age. 'Technical limitations of the past' and 'muh immersion' are so 2012.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Hoping the improved combat system takes a few cues from Dirge of Cerberus. That game was great.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
My interest dropped ten fold knowing the original combat is not there.
It's not like the original combat system was that interesting or innovative, though.
I mean, the new combat system couldn't possibly be worse, right?

RIGHT?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom