Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
... more like who cares because the original game is irreducible anyway.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It's not like the original combat system was that interesting or innovative, though.
I mean, the new combat system couldn't possibly be worse, right?

RIGHT?
There was countless times during my award-winning let's play where I stopped to ponder this.

"Could this slow-ass shit combat be any worse?"

Then I drank some soda pop and I stopped thinking and the update was delayed two months.

Ayreos

Augur
Fan-Re-imagining as a Beat 'em up:

http://ffvii-reimagined.com

(free to DL or play with Unity browser plugin)

Here we go, the naked truth. Tifa's tits, a scrawny kid swinging a big ass sword, gratuitous explosions and the closet homosexual masses having a hard-on for Sephiroth (superimposed on Tifa's tits to avoid self-loathing). All the reasons why FF7 was so WELL RECEIVED by western teenagers and none of the fluff. It's like POLLEN to BLOSSOMING FERTILE MINDS.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I fucked up the title whil multitasking. VII, it is supposed to say. Crooked Bee please fix.

Nostalgia overload. I'll buy it despite them going from ATB to action combat.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
:shredder:

I spied a command menu in bottom left, but that combat looked dynamic as hell. Is it Kingdom Hearts all over again?

Perkel

Arcane
from latest playstation experience

Looks like they are remaking graphics and combat but staying true to writing art design and rest. Looks like it will be interesting remake.

What was shown in trailer actually happens in FF7 (though with different combat)
Also looks like they are not using emo FF7 advent children Cloud Square was using all those years. This Cloud is more close to source material and original concepts of cloud (and rest of characters)

Duraframe300

Arcane
Didn't wow me.

So didn't FFVII come to think of it.

Anyway can't wait for people using this game to proclaim how action games are superior and every old game should be remade this way.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think it looks alright. Cinematic as all hell, but it might be a bit more exciting than the original FF7. I don't understand why so many people are lamenting the lack of ATB, was FF7's combat really that good? It's no FFT, hell, it's not even FFX or FFXII.

Lemming42

Arcane
That was hard to watch and I'm not really sure why.

I might've said this before but I think a lot of the retroactive appeal of FFVII is in the PS1 graphics, horrible translation, MIDI music, memories of playing it as a kid etc. Remove all that and you're left with a cringeworthy story straight out of a bad anime in a fairly naff setting with a bunch of characters who are all various degrees of stupid and unlikeable.

Other than the combat, which looks even worse than the already-shit original FF7 combat, there are some semi-interesting ideas there. Blasphemy though it is, an FF6 remake in the same style might actually be really cool.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Looks great and they pretty much said it's not going to be just a facelift, no matter what some souls thought it would end up being. Could it be the exclusive PS4 needs to solidify that world domination it years for? We can only tremble in fear. It's the new script and how much will end up on the cutting room floor that everyone should be worried about, not visuals.

Perkel

Arcane
I think it looks alright. Cinematic as all hell, but it might be a bit more exciting than the original FF7. I don't understand why so many people are lamenting the lack of ATB, was FF7's combat really that good? It's no FFT, hell, it's not even FFX or FFXII.

Combat was garbage but materia system was interesting to play with. Still they can keep materia system (especially since it is vital to story) and have action combat.

Also i wouldn't count out completely ATB. You can see part of UI and that has full menu instead of quick moves like Kingdom Hearths or FFXV. So this might be just flashier ATB combat

edit:

I still think it is amazing that they keep completely remake close to source material considering just how shitty Square got in last 10 years and their directors constantly shitting on script in every game since FF12.

Athelas

Arcane
The most interesting part of this remake will be how they implement the scene where Cloud gets gang-raped in a bathtub by a dozen homosexual fitness junkies.

Alfons

Prophet
:lol:
Ah, square. If you can't actually produce something good just have good graphics and fuckton of unnecessary special effects.

Perkel

Arcane
>PS4

Yup, no thanks.

Squere doesn't do Exclusives anymore and Sony doesn't see PC as competitor.
So both FFXV and FFVII will be on PC day 1.

Notice how they didn't say "exclusive" anywhere. If it would be PS4 only game they would scream from top of their lungs EXCLUSIVE.

Square has been releasing every FF on PC lately. FFXII zodiac international edition will also have Steam release imo soon (probably worst FF)

Ninjerk

Arcane
The most interesting part of this remake will be how they implement the scene where Cloud gets gang-raped in a bathtub by a dozen homosexual fitness junkies.
It's part of the core experience.

Perkel

Arcane
oh here it is:

CONSOLE DEBUT

Which basically means day 1 PC release and later Xbone edition in few months

iz0XMQM.png

Perkel

Arcane

http://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-cloud-will-crossdress-e3-2015/

As the final question during the interview, however, Tetsuya was asked the important question on many gamers’ minds: Would there still be a segment included in the Final Fantasy VII Remake in which Cloud would crossdress? Tetsuya Nomura’s reply came simply as “Please look forward to it.”

maxresdefault.jpg

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
The demo looked pretty promising, although I get the feeling there might be more corridors than in the original game and all scenes are not going to recreated exactly the way they were. Liked the fact that they actually had combat menu of the original (more or less), but it's probably just a placeholder. Well, it's such early stage that pretty much everything can still change.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
>PS4

Yup, no thanks.

Notice how they didn't say "exclusive" anywhere. If it would be PS4 only game they would scream from top of their lungs EXCLUSIVE.

Square has been releasing every FF on PC lately.

No way is it releasing Day 1. Maybe a couple of weeks or so later, but definitely not Day 1.

FFXII zodiac international edition will also have Steam release imo soon (probably worst FF)

Please, FF8 was way worse. And they'd sooner port FFX than XII onto steam.

Perkel

Arcane
>PS4

Yup, no thanks.

No way is it releasing Day 1. Maybe a couple of weeks or so later, but definitely not Day 1.

FFXII zodiac international edition will also have Steam release imo soon (probably worst FF)

Day 1. Like i said Sony doesn't treat PC as opposition. They are ok with PC. In fact almost all games aside from one indie game and in house sony games on just finished PSX experience show will be releasing on PC day one along with PS4

And no FFXII is the worst final fantasy. Worst cast (Aside from balthier and fran), worst story, worst battle system, worst events and god awful shitty MMO pacing.

Originally game was about Bash being main protagonist but it didn't fit well in newly created Square Enix as they released FFXI and wanted to make another online like game insetead of mainline FF. So instead of getting awesome Ivalice world design + awesome script from makers of FFT and Vagrant Story they changed directors hacked completely script and we got animu gay Vaan and garbage story + battle system that was pure mmo trash.

And yes FFXII HD will be released soon on PC and consoles. Several sources already pointed that out that they plan to release it. Though not soon. Maybe by the end of next year or early 2017.

FFX won't be released on PC anytime soon. They just released HD editions just before they started to move toward PC releases. So they would have to again form a team to port it. It will come but after FFXII

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
>PS4

Yup, no thanks.

Day 1. Like i said Sony doesn't treat PC as opposition. They are ok with PC. In fact almost all games aside from one indie game and in house sony games on just finished PSX experience show will be releasing on PC day one along with PS4

And no FFXII is the worst final fantasy. Worst cast (Aside from balthier and fran), worst story, worst battle system, worst events and god awful shitty MMO pacing.

Originally game was about Bash being main protagonist but it didn't fit well in newly created Square Enix as they released FFXI and wanted to make another online like game insetead of mainline FF. So instead of getting awesome Ivalice world design + awesome script from makers of FFT and Vagrant Story they changed directors hacked completely script and we got animu gay Vaan and garbage story + battle system that was pure mmo trash.

And yes FFXII HD will be released soon on PC and consoles. Several sources already pointed that out that they plan to release it. Though not soon. Maybe by the end of next year or early 2017.

FFX won't be released on PC anytime soon. They just released HD editions just before they started to move toward PC releases. So they would have to again form a team to port it. It will come but after FFXII

Lol no

A user named cat

Looks like spazzy Crisis Core combat which was a complete mess and popamole. Are people actually happy about the change? The fuck. I'd take FF7's uninspired system any day over that PSPified Mountain Dew, button-mashy garbage.

Mozg

Arcane
It was much easier not to think of Cloud as a hairgelling twink with PS graphics

Androv

Novice
It was much easier not to think of Cloud as a hairgelling twink with PS graphics
And Barret didn't need sunglasses to be cool. (He was already black enough!)

And was also probably much easier to enjoy the game with actual Final Fantasy gameplay and not this FFXII or XIII style of combat. :'(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom