Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Perkel, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb

I guess there are two kind of FF people, those that think that VI and IX are best and those that think that VII is best and IX and VI are only good. I'm in the VII boat, but we all agree that FF's post X are shit.

^ Top  
  2. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    You may not remember but already X was shitty game due to how linear everything was. FFXIII was basically sequel to design on FFX. Only difference was that it didn't have a map like FFXIII so people didn't notice it that much.

Only thing it rescued it was battle system

^ Top  
  3. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Late to the party. When was the last time a remake just updated the presentation of a game, anyway?

^ Top  
  4. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    FF X might be linear, but the storyline atleast is 50 hours long.

^ Top  
  5. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    FFXIII takes about 30-40 hours just to get to Pulse which is where linearity finally goes away a bit. To finish game you are looking at 60-70 hours. I did Pulse stuff and finished in ~90 hours but didn't finish all in Pulse.

^ Top  
  6. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    i did not add side stuff, if you add side stuff to FF X, than the game is easily 150 hours, FF X is probably the longest FF.

^ Top  
  7. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    What side stuff ? Getting celestial weapons ? few more Aeons ? dark aeons ? Blitzball league? Grinding stats to 255 ? I did all of that in less that 100h (i think it was like 95h).

In therm of side content FFX isn't really any much bigger than FFIX or FFVIII which had shitload of sidecontent both in main story and out of it. where FFX side content was basically just near the end so you had to deal first with very linear story then you could go back and do something else.

^ Top  
  8. Inziladun Magister

Inziladun
    Abe's World "New N' Tasty" is a pretty good, recent example of a remake done right. Preserving everything people loved about the original, updating it with new technology and adding subtle new features while still preserving the old feel whole-heartedly.

^ Top  
  9. Melcar Arcane

Melcar

Yeah, I was going to mention that one too. Sadly a lot of remakes tend to go full retard.

^ Top  
  10. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    [​IMG]

His co-workers are just as much to blame as he is for not doing an intervention. Someone needs to sit him down and explain to him that his waifu isn't real.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    At this point its probably too late. Right now I am worried what will be next after interview with Lightning. VR game with her?

^ Top  
  12. Inziladun Magister

Inziladun
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Lightning VR hand holding simulator. Give Toriyama the send off he deserves.

^ Top  
  14. Bastion Novice

Bastion
    FF X might be linear, but the storyline atleast is 50 hours long, i.e. the story is dumb and long.

^ Top  
  15. I don't think I could deal with ATB again at my age. But why do they have to make new FF games? Can't they design a new franchise?

^ Top  
  16. Caim Arcane

Caim
    From what I've seen FFXV plays wholly different than any other FF game. It's like a strange mix of MMO and turn-based action.

And why make a new franchise for the game you're making when you can just slap the FF name on and make millions that way?

^ Top  
  17. nil Cipher

nil
    They could, but Lightning would feel a bit out of place in a entirely new franchise.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Gothic and Witcher 2 have okay combat, but I hate MMO combat. MMO combat is *not* a selling point.

^ Top  
  19. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    Adding to that, you can skip the cutscenes in XIII. Not so much in X which makes a big chunk of the time to beat it.

Honestly, they're about the same size. Imo XIII is a bit bigger/takes longer to completly beat. X has the more annoying (but way more charming and creative) end game stuff as well.

^ Top  
  20. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    This may be his/their best :positive:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Brother Team is a fine man. Bless him.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    ^ Top  
  23. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Someone made a real life buster sword :lol: and is selling it for 5000 $ :lol:

• decline decline x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    Still waiting for the real life Aeris sex doll.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.