Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Mustawd

So this is rel time....how do you even control a party in real time? Party AI?

Executr

Cipher
It's weird. We can see ATB bars on the character's HUDs...

Also, it seems the director confirmed the environments will be partially destructible (whatever that means).

Hyperion

Arcane
Hey look, only 2 years since they announced the game and they're almost done with the Mako Reactor.

:negative:

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
From the official twitter:

C441lz7WAAAzO_I.jpg:large

Cover mechanics????

:rage:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I loved Final Fantasy XII. Sure, 33% of the main cast was shit (unsurprisingly both are teenagers), but Fran's and Ashe's asses make up for it. The gameplay was entertaining, and I really appreciated being done with fucking random encounters that got us nowhere. The Mark sidequests were fairly fun in how they required the player to think in order to spawn the monsters, whereas in a new RPG it would say "kill all the monsters in the area and return", or worse, spawn it right there without any enemies in the area.

My first FF was IX, which is probably the one that's dearest to me, not to mention it is the truest Final Fantasy of the last 9 games that were released. Everything in that game contributed to its magic, from the artstyle, to the locations, to the characters and their colorful portrayals (my favorite was the relationship between Vivi and Steiner), and the story too.

For the record, I played, in order: Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy XII (had such a massive hard on for this game that when I got a PS2, it was my day one piracy purchase), Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VI, bits and pieces of Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy V, and Final Fantasy.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
For the record, I played, in order: Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy XII (had such a massive hard on for this game that when I got a PS2, it was my day one piracy purchase), Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VI, bits and pieces of Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy V, and Final Fantasy.
Try Final Fantasy IV, and realize just how much FF IX owes to this particular predecessor. :M

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Try Final Fantasy IV, and realize just how much FF IX owes to this particular predecessor. :M

Well, yeah. I mean, Hironobu Sakaguchi was the lead on both of them (and was involved with nearly every good RPG SquareSoft put out).

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Today I learned that FFXII is getting a remaster. And it's pretty much the type of remaster FFVII fans wanted. And FFXII is a very disliked Final Fantasy title. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If only it came to PC too... my life would be complete. Until then I will have to make do with IZJS patched.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake/ff7-remake-square-enix

Square Enix just assumed full control of the FF7 Remake

The twists and turns in the creation of the Final Fantasy 7 remake continue, as Square Enix move development entirely in-house. This runs contrary to what has been happening for the past couple of years, with Japanese studio CyberConnect2 having worked on the title up until this point.

Naoki Hamaguchi, the guy who has been heading up the development for Mobius Final Fantasy, has now been assigned to run the project. In a recent YouTube broadcast, the Final Fantasy 13 veteran explained that “so far, development has been carried out mainly with the support of external partners. However, in view of factors such as improving quality when the product goes into mass production in the future, the company has decided to shift the developmental system back to within the company, so as to maintain a stable schedule and have control over factors such as quality. We will be forming a robust system within the company to properly carry out the development.”

This is in-line with Square Enix's previous announcement that the success of Nier: Automata had persuaded them to outsource mid-level titles and focus their own team on bigger releases. It also follows a heavy recruitment drive by the Japanese publisher, which saw them urgently hiring staff for the FF7 project.

Hopefully this means we’ll be getting the remake sooner than we’d previously expected, with current estimates putting it at some time around 2020. We’ve still got no word on whether or not this will be coming to PC, but we’d be delighted if it did!

In the meantime, you can whet your appetite with Final Fantasy XIII for $15.99/£10.99 or check out the original translation over at Nova Crystallis.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Hopefully this means we’ll be getting the remake sooner than we’d previously expected, with current estimates putting it at some time around 2020. We’ve still got no word on whether or not this will be coming to PC, but we’d be delighted if it did!

For the complete game or chapter one (do they still plan chapters?). FFXV-like delays incoming.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I think the most interesting information here is that Square outsourced the FF7 remake in the first place. Anyway, I predict that the first part will be released, it'll be shit and everyone will hate it and then Square will abandon the Remake project by working on the later parts "indefinitely".

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake/ff7-remake-square-enix

Square Enix just assumed full control of the FF7 Remake

The twists and turns in the creation of the Final Fantasy 7 remake continue, as Square Enix move development entirely in-house. This runs contrary to what has been happening for the past couple of years, with Japanese studio CyberConnect2 having worked on the title up until this point.

Naoki Hamaguchi, the guy who has been heading up the development for Mobius Final Fantasy, has now been assigned to run the project. In a recent YouTube broadcast, the Final Fantasy 13 veteran explained that “so far, development has been carried out mainly with the support of external partners. However, in view of factors such as improving quality when the product goes into mass production in the future, the company has decided to shift the developmental system back to within the company, so as to maintain a stable schedule and have control over factors such as quality. We will be forming a robust system within the company to properly carry out the development.”

This is in-line with Square Enix's previous announcement that the success of Nier: Automata had persuaded them to outsource mid-level titles and focus their own team on bigger releases. It also follows a heavy recruitment drive by the Japanese publisher, which saw them urgently hiring staff for the FF7 project.

In the meantime, you can whet your appetite with Final Fantasy XIII for $15.99/£10.99 or check out the original translation over at Nova Crystallis.

Final Fantasy VII Remaster official title will now change 4 times before finally settling on "Final Fantasy Magnificum Septem Rursus Saga"

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Yes, I didn't follow the project closely and I was surprised that they outsourced a project like this which is quite important to the brand. In Mobius, there was a FFVII remake even recently - somehow the "...", "not interested" Cloud hasn't aged particularly well.

Hyperion

Arcane
It's hilarious they think a tentative 2020 release for a remake that started in like 2014 or 15 is an improved milestone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom