Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Diablo169

Arcane
Nostalgia on this scale is hilarious. People dont realise how much their tastes will have changed
in the interim years, much better story's have been told since then.

The game came out 18 years ago so i was 12 at the time. Even if this is a like for like remake, what passed for "best game ever, Oscar winning plot!" from kids perspectives back then is going to make then sit there and think "What the fuck is this shit" these days.

It will have to be a redux version... no fucking way they remake the entire game with modern graphics, that shit was HUGE. Not to mention section such as Cloud cross-dressing and that weird base defense mini-game...

Still, I'm curious to see how this will turn out.

They're gonna cut a lot of corenrs, yeah. Probably a wise decision, the now-adult FF7 fanbase doesn't actually want to play FF7 again, they want to "relive the FF7 experience"!

Okay, all they have to do to not fuck this up is to keep the battle system and gameplay exactly the same aside from improving and adding more minigames. They must also faithfully recreate every exact detail of the original story (including Cloud crossdressing and getting fucked in the ass by gay men in a brothel

O8Aipqd.jpg

:codexisfor:

Cloud's crossdressing segment will be interesting too.

DPoWb.jpg

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Hey, remember how they made Cloud a super-emo for Advent Children because that was the fan perception of him, despite him not acting like that at all in FF7?

They're gonna do that again.

At least generic angst will probably be more lively than his outright depressed Dissidia incarnation.

1ZsRkhG.png

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Pro-tip for Square Enix: when your 'fanbase' cares more about shit that you made 17 fucking years ago than the brand-spanking new games you are making, then you're doing something horribly wrong.

The fact that you (and myself included) don't like the new action FF games (seriously where the fuck is my turn-based combat), however does not reflect the millions and millions and millions of people who continue to play and buy the new games. If this new shit was not selling, square-enix would be out of business.

lightbane

Arcane
Here comes that trailer-joke again... Ah, wait, are you serious, Squenix?
Well then, as long as they know what they're doing, it can't be that ba-
3 inependent sources claim there will be remake of worse FF game. It will be coproduction between Sony and SE like in case of Capcom SFV. Developer probably won't be SE but third party studio, probably Level5

:lol: :lol::lol:
If that's true, nevermind then. If these hacks fuck it up as bad as White Knight Chronicles was, the fans' butthurt will collapse the Internet.

Pro-tip for Square Enix: when your 'fanbase' cares more about shit that you made 17 fucking years ago than the brand-spanking new games you are making, then you're doing something horribly wrong.

The fact that you (and myself included) don't like the new action FF games (seriously where the fuck is my turn-based combat), however does not reflect the millions and millions and millions of people who continue to play and buy the new games. If this new shit was not selling, square-enix would be out of business.

I think he means the enitre Square portfolio. The new Hitman got a limp-dicked "yaaaaaay" from the crowd, Uncharted 4 not even that (silent reception followed by laughter when it froze), while remakes/sequels of 30 year old games got the "OMG SO COOL" reactions.

Perkel

Arcane
It will have to be a redux version... no fucking way they remake the entire game with modern graphics, that shit was HUGE. Not to mention section such as Cloud cross-dressing and that weird base defense mini-game...

Still, I'm curious to see how this will turn out.

Or will they ?
FF7 h wise was long but only really there are like 3-4 bigger locations that require huge amount of assets. Rest are fairly standard and they don't need to design them they just need to recreate them in better version which is precisely what they did in that CGI trailer

Also even if they would do it FF7 will sell truckloads of coppies. Probably even more than FFXV if done properly.

ANYWAYS

Game will be done by Cybersomething who did earlier Naruto games not Level5. I guess SE will be directing and they will do assets and programming.

Lerk

Learned

The truth, unfortunately. SEE ALSO: Resident Evil :negative:

Tehdagah

Arcane

I think he means the enitre Square portfolio. The new Hitman got a limp-dicked "yaaaaaay" from the crowd, Uncharted 4 not even that (silent reception followed by laughter when it froze), while remakes/sequels of 30 year old games got the "OMG SO COOL" reactions.
20 years of nostalgia.

Also, FF7 Remake is, technically speaking, a brand-spanking new game. It will another modern jRPG.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmmm. I've had Crisis Core on my HDD for ages (God bless emulation). Worth a play
That game has soul. It brought tears into my eyes.
Can you elaborate? Because...

:notsureifserious:
I got very invested in the story, and the final hour just hit me in the heart, despite the fact that I knew what will happen, since it is hinted in FF7. I don't want to spoil anything, so I leave it that.

Red Eye

Learned

If that shit was selling they wouldn't be desperate enough to remake FFVII.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They've been doing really good financially lately. I don't think they're desperate, except maybe for any FF game to reach FF7's level of acclaim.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
SE should take a deep breath and go back to their roots. Use FF6, 7 and 9 as an inspiration.

Athelas

Arcane
The older Final Fantasy games were real-time with twitch elements.

Machocruz

Arcane
"Halp! I don't have enough time to choose Attack, Defend, or Item! I knew I should have played more shmups!"

Athelas

Arcane
"Halp! I don't have enough time to choose Attack, Defend, or Item! I knew I should have played more shmups!"
So you're saying the systems weren't complex enough to make use of the advantages of being turn-based (having time to deliberate on your turn)? Thanks for making my point for me.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Nomura & CyberConnect2 = FF7 the ARPG :D

Hopefully not, since it's called a remake, not a reimagining.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize just how good that whole crossdressing Wall Market segment was. You have a squatting contest with burly dudes for a wig. I can't wait to see a burly guy's rippling thighs as his ass hovers above the ground in full HD.

Man, all of Midgar is just so good but Wall Market takes the cake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom