Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
EVm_LaIUcAAaXJg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Cloud thinks he's emo, but he only adopted the emo... Squall was born in it.
p7ywze3cvecz.jpg

Most of that is bad localization. He was a bit more nuanced in Japanese: https://legendsoflocalization.com/squalls-whatever-line-in-japanese-final-fantasy-viii/
damn he was actually insufferable rather than apathetic
I think that whatever suits his character better. Like extreme phlegmatism feels right to his character.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
lowkey what is the deal with men in JRPGs openly denying sexual advances
Jrpgs are for Grandma raised kids at age 10 who grow to respect women, are interested in sex but feel it's not yet for them and are ashamed of doing bad things.
You might be joking, but my cousin is a grandma raised kid who now respects women, is interested in sex but feels it's not yet for him and is ashamed of doing bad things... and his favorite game is Final Fantasy 7.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
JRPGs are promoters of virtues and values worth preserving for the benefit of the sensible ascetic minds of worthy men, who will form the future leaders that will carry us to a new renaissance. Basically, "No Way Fag" is the pathway to collective salvation.

DyeOntt.png

Delterius

Arcane
Jrpgs are for Grandma raised kids at age 10 who grow to respect women, are interested in sex but feel it's not yet for them and are ashamed of doing bad things.
You might be joking, but my cousin is a grandma raised kid who now respects women, is interested in sex but feels it's not yet for him and is ashamed of doing bad things... and his favorite game is Final Fantasy 7.
i never joke about serious things

Ninjerk

Arcane
JRPGs are promoters of virtues and values worth preserving for the benefit of the sensible ascetic minds of worthy men, who will form the future leaders that will carry us to a new renaissance. Basically, "No Way Fag" is the pathway to collective salvation.

DyeOntt.png
I don't know why I'm amused by these, but I am. Link pls

Grimlorn

Arcane
It's apart of their culture or something. Their anime are like this as well. Coincidentally Japan has the highest rate of virgins and the lowest birth rate. It's almost like teaching kids from a young age to be afraid of sex, even if it's not serious and used for comic effect, still has a very real effect on the population. I suspect their women also aren't anywhere near as aggressive either.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
It's apart of their culture or something. Their anime are like this as well. Coincidentally Japan has the highest rate of virgins and the lowest birth rate. It's almost like teaching kids from a young age to be afraid of sex, even if it's not serious and used for comic effect, still has a very real effect on the population. I suspect their women also aren't anywhere near as aggressive either.

It wasn't always so. Back in the 1980s-90s anime characters were often properly masculine and interested in women rather than inhuman permavirgins. Ranma 1/2 and Yu Yu Hakusho being good examples. It's part of why anime was always translated into Spanish/Portuguese and broadcast in South America.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

With all this talk of defying fate and changing destiny it's obvious they're getting us ready for the long awaited return of Legacy of Kain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom