Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ash

Arcane
I'm not even going to watch it. Square Enix can't make a good game to save their lives. FF died with Squaresoft.

Perkel

Arcane
lol i just noticed that guys had L'cie brand on their cheeks. Abandon hope. Those nuts who designed 13/15 still believe they need to have Fabula Nova Crystalis in next FF game.

Perkel

Arcane
It seems like it will be produced and directed by Yoshi-P.
Which is good news for people who want good game.

Though naturally in world of bussines suits everything can happen.

For those who don't know Yoshi-P is fan of Matsuno work.

Perkel

Arcane
Message from Yoshi-P. Seems like he got reins of mainline FF after success of his FF14 work (people say that FF14 is best FF since 10)

Comment from Producer Naoki Yoshida FINAL FANTASY XVI producer (that’s right, just producer) Naoki Yoshida here. How did you enjoy the trailer? The exclusive footage, comprised of both battles and cutscenes running in real-time, represents but a fraction of what our team has accomplished since the start of development on this, an all-new FINAL FANTASY game. In that span, the team’s size has grown from a handful of core members to a full-fledged unit that continues to polish and build upon what they have created so far, all to provide players an experience unmatched in terms of story and gameplay. Our next big information reveal is scheduled for 2021, so in the meantime, I expect everyone to have fun speculating, as we have a lot in store—not only for FINAL FANTASY XVI, but for FINAL FANTASY XIV, too. Needless to say, I’ll be working hard on both!

Comment from Director Hiroshi Takai When FINAL FANTASY I was released, I was just another player─a young student with big dreams. By the time FINAL FANTASY V was in the works, I had earned myself a seat at the developers’ table... albeit at the very end. From there, I moved “online” leaving my mark on both FINAL FANTASY XI and XIV. And now...XVI. From the establishment of an all new development environment, to learning the ins-and-outs of the PS5, the team and I have taken on countless challenges during our journey to bring you the sixteenth chapter in the storied FINAL FANTASY franchise. And though we’re pouring our hearts and souls into this project each and every day, it may still be some time before we can get it into your hands. However, I promise it will be worth the wait!

This would seem to be the game they got Ryota Suzuki for, who was one of the lead designers on Dragon's Dogma, and has worked on some DMC and fighting games for Capcom.

This would seem to be the game they got Ryota Suzuki for, who was one of the lead designers on Dragon's Dogma, and has worked on some DMC and fighting games for Capcom.

Yeah, I think he's leading the battle system.

Yeah, word was he was hired onto Creative Business Unit 3. Which this is. And rumor was that the guy who remade FF14O for them, and turned the game around, was getting a shot at a single player FF game. Which this also is. So this would definitely seem to be the Square Enix project that in all likelihood will play something like Dragon's Dogma...although this looks like it has even more Devil May Cry in it than that did. I'd guess move executions is still DD style though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom