Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Fallout 3 Gameplay footage

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Oh god, its loading.

Real-time thoughts on:

Graphics look alright.

"Vault 101 - No one enters and no one leaves." Except for Daddy and you, obviously.

A bot? The 'On'clave?

Todd sounds more retarded than before.

What is that horrible marching band music? Is that the Onclave radio?

VATS looks meh. "That never gets old." Don't be a lying shit.

Hurray, the shitty animations are back!

The environment looks kinda cool.

Ooh, another enemy within a ten meter radius.

Did anyone see the npcs utilizing that fantastic ai mesh that lets them take cover behind anything?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's with the absolutely non-Fallouty marching band music in the background? What the fuck is this travesty? It looks like it could be fun like Postal2 was fun, but it's NOT Fallout, and NOT an RPG. It's even more horrible than I'd have thought it would be. It plays exactly like a shooter. VATS is a fucking piece of shit that isn't even useful. Heck, that whole game reeks of shittiness.

Oh, and THAT FUCKING MUSIC IS GOING ON MY NERVES. It's more like a Vietnam War era drill camp than Fallout. Totally misses the point.

Oh gods and the fatman is beyond retarded.

Xi

Arcane
Meh they didn't show off enough to know how the game plays aside from combat. VATS seems a little over powered. Do they have some type of initiative to allow the computer to actually hide behind things before an aimed shot or whatever?

And Third Person mode looked atrocious. It wasn't even centered and far too zoomed in. maybe this can be altered though?

Also, the enemies definitely don't take cover. They stand in the open and run at a person with a gun wielding a knife. (Don't bring a knife to a gun fight?) The AI was pathetic in this demo. The Fatman wasn't necessarily a "nuke" either, kind of a lame idea.

Kingston, check your PM.(Be a patriot)

Dire Roach

Prophet
VATS got old the third time I saw it in action in that video. All those who have never played the previous Fallouts will soon be chanting, "ZOMG VATS is a piece of shit! How could the old fans stand this turn-based stuff? Death to all turn-based gameplay!"

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You know, it's a funny thing actually, earlier today I was even thinking that maybe I'll buy FO3 if the price is reasonable and I won't have anything else to play. This video has successfully changed my mind for now.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Kingston said:
BN, does the gameplay look any different since you last saw it?

Not much. Hell, everything looked the same, for the most part, but with a bit more polish. The VATS interface is more polished.

VATS basically freezes the game, then you queue moves and you shoot, while your enemies fire back (you can see the Enclave shooting back). Cinematics. Pretty gimmicky, really, I still don't see how it'll work.

Also, Gametrailers now offers the Perfect Life trailer.

Texas Red

Whiner
The Enclave is some kind of a cartoon. They turned an awesome aspect of FO lore in to something unrecognizable. Why would the Enclave reveal themselves to everyone, thus endangering themselves to foreign remaining governments and other organizations(such as the BoS who wasn't aware of its existence). What is more idiotic is that in the same area you have hostile Enclave troops and a friendly Enclave bot flying around with a peaceful message. WHY would the Enclave attack some random civilian? Oblivion is filled with such nonsensicalness and plain idiocy.

I'm not surprised that yet again we only get the combat shown. Was combat the main part of FO? No, not even close. Yet all of the screens and this first video feature only fighting, giving a clear impression that it's an FPS more than an RPG.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Bah. Why sod rab? The graphcis ar eshitty as the shit brown that passed for graphics in MW. *puke*

And, I guess the Enclave are nothing more than enemies to kill. LAME. You'd think they'd want to talkk to you or capture you to find out where your vault is (if they don't already know).

LAME.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Ugh, I feel dirty. What the fuck was that shit, also THAT was the fatman? After all the hype that's the best they can come up with???? WHAT.THE.FUCK???

ricolikesrice

Arcane

crysis had better collar grabbing than mass effect and a better nucelar launcher than fallout 3, cant we already agree its been the best next gen RPG so far ?

NiM82

Prophet
Brother None said:
Hell, everything looked the same, for the most part, but with a bit more polish. The VATS interface is more polished.

Probably why they held off showing the world it.

I can't imagine how stupid it must have looked like before, given how god-awful it looks in the latest videos.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dark Individual said:
Why would the Enclave reveal themselves to everyone, thus endangering themselves to foreign remaining governments and other organizations(such as the BoS who wasn't aware of its existence).

I think the BOS was aware of the Enclave's existence - after all they send you to Navarro to snatch the Vertibird plans, while 'officially' Navarro was just a gas station ran by some guy in a robe.

What is more idiotic is that in the same area you have hostile Enclave troops and a friendly Enclave bot flying around with a peaceful message. WHY would the Enclave attack some random civilian?

Probably, because The President saw the random civilian in his dreams and decided it means he will die soon.

VATS doesn't even make the game turn based. While the fat man missile was going towards the enclave, the soldier was still firing back.

Deleted member 7219

Seriously thinking about this (and yes I hated Oblivion too), I think the only shitty thing I've seen in Fallout 3 so far is the fat man portable nuke launcher. I mean, that's just total bullshit. But the rest of the game looks pretty cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom