Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First post.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
The webpage for this game peaked my interest, but it didn't really reveal much beyond that this is an "old-school RPG" inspired by the Ultima series, that it uses turn-based combat (yay!) and that it's a party based game. I like all of that, of course, but some more info would be greatly appreciated.

EEVIAC

Erudite
I'm assuming this is the page you're referring to?

A cell-shaded CRPG sounds weird but it definately has a style of its own.

7.jpg

This screenshot in particular reminds of Geneforge in 3D. Link to the screenshots here.

resle

Novice
Yes, it's not exactly cel shaded, yet it has quite a unique graphic style.

Ah, by the way - I am Andrea, the guy behind the whole thing ;) The dev team isn't posting here just because it's SO lazy that it couldn't move from ashes forums to here (also because of the few popups, I believe).

Direct to me any question or curiosity :)

EEVIAC

Erudite
resle said:
Direct to me any question or curiosity :)

Questions and curiosities...

Perhaps you can tell us of what sort of world the game is set in, I find it a little difficult to tell from screenshots. If the character system has been implemented I'd like to hear about that as well, what sorts of characters we might be able to create, what skills you've implemented, or are planning to include.

resle

Novice
Perhaps you can tell us of what sort of world the game is set in

It's a classic fantasy world, named Pangea. Next to Pangea, in the same solar system, there's another planet named Damocles. This second planet is at the tech level of nowaday's Earth, let's say slightly more advanced. This is the scenario... the rest is up to your imagination, for now :)

what sorts of characters we might be able to create

it's going to be a party-based game. An initial party of four that can
go up to six members.
The complete list of classes (I am still deciding on races - it may be
humans-only for a number of [mostly technical] reasons):

Warrior
Ranger
Priest (Ancient gods)
Priest (True Faith)
Priest (Circle of black leaves) - [esoterist]
Mage (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water)
Mage (Void, Death, Energy, Life)
Runic
Mindflayer

More details could be revealed in an interview that I am awaiting RPGCodex to take on me!

what skills you've implemented, or are planning to include

Ditto ;)

EEVIAC

Erudite
resle said:
It's a classic fantasy world, named Pangea. Next to Pangea, in the same solar system, there's another planet named Damocles. This second planet is at the tech level of nowaday's Earth, let's say slightly more advanced.

Does that mean there will be tech opportunities, considering it exists within the universe, if not in the world? I realize you've stated its a "classic fantasy world" but this is just a question of hope, because I like techy elements in RPG's.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Looks good.
Oh and XJEDX .
Phoenix is only suitable for Elite users like me . :wink:
Please do not advertise the presense of this software to others .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom