Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn - open world ARPG from Ashen devs

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
It's already cracked, and I won't get this trash even for that price.
But MjKorz said she has no ass?

NO ASS? WTF! That would be the only thing going for this game would be big juicy jiggly jugs and a huge bouncy bangin' ass shaking and saying "Spank me hard you horny fuck!"

Le sigh....

No buy. Cater to ass smack you feminazi cunts.
IMG_2489.gif

WTF IS THIS?
IMG_2491.jpeg

:what:

I see enough of that running around in town. Ugh! Who wants that shit in fantasy?
They're trying to make protagonists look as close to drag queens and trannies as humanly possible without flatout saying they're a drag queen/tranny. Their intentions are clear.

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This brings the percentage of your target audience to 4.75%.
You're incorrectly assuming males don't play female characters.

Men want to see beautiful women. They will watch Lara Croft tits or Stellar Blade's big round ass jiggle around the screen all day. But an ugly flat assed she-boon appeals to NO ONE. Not even negresses who first of all are a fraction of a fraction of the gaming population. A literal rounding error. And even IF a bantu or negress is playing the game they want to see Beyonce or some other buffalo assed hottie, not some flat assed uglified mutant. So your target audience is once again a fraction of a fraction who are basically these guys:

soyjacks.JPG

Fucking brilliant marketing strategy, innit? Once again, I guess that ESG money you are advanced makes up for having to actually sell product to consoomers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
The better question is why you care about this game, even care about it so much that you write multiple long posts about it. Are you trying to find your black father in one of these games? Me shitting up this thread is more than the game deserves.

> plays woke games
> complains that games are woke

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

sosmoflux

Educated
As crazy as he is, Vic makes a good point. The schadenfreude just isn't hitting right on this one.

Yeah, sweet baby. Yeah, ugly black chick. Yeah, woke story. Yeah, obvious flop. It's just not that exciting anymore.

Another one for the pile.

Why are we here, just to suffer?

As crazy as he is, Vic makes a good point. The schadenfreude just isn't hitting right on this one.

Yeah, sweet baby. Yeah, ugly black chick. Yeah, woke story. Yeah, obvious flop. It's just not that exciting anymore.

Another one for the pile.

Why are we here, just to suffer?
Just more proof that all of those are akin to the mark of the beast.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I hear she's he's IT is a beast in bed, well that blue foxy thing said so.

MAXIE!
You dyed your fur again?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It is beyond bad. It is bad for the boner. You'll be sad and the little blue/yellow pills won't help. You'll fall into deep depression as the game mocks you.

Self-Ejected

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
If you have game pass (or any other subscription service) you're a fag.

Thanks for listening to my PSA.
I would have agreed if physical media were still a thing, but purchasing from digital stores like Steam means you're essentially buying a license, so you don't technically own the games.
But you still support the dev.
If you buy into subscription shit, you support crap like this.

Self-Ejected

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
This is so funny if you think about this more.

1. You are creating a Souls-like. You want it to sell well.
2. Let's check player survey for a game that sold well - Elden Ring (Elden Ring Player Survey - link).
3. What we have is this:

The surveyees

There were 1509 male and 161 female surveyees, while 24 answered “other”.
4. You do the math: 1509 * 100 / 1509 + 161 + 24 = 89%. 89% of your audience are male. 9.5% are women. 1.5% are trolls.
5. Let's be optimistic and assume that HALF of your women players are black (probably unrealistic, but OK). This brings the percentage of your target audience to 4.75%.
6. Final fact: you're spending 3+ years and salaries of 60 people to appear to the audience that matches less than 1 out of 20 people that will play your game.

Doing all of the above took less than 7min. How can anybody approve this plan and hope for a good outcome? World is a funny place.
When will people realise it's not about profit for the likes of Fink, Soros, Gates etc.?
It's propaganda and demoralisation. These people have unlimited funds.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sometimes I envy the wealthy/rich that can blow money on gamepass & trinkets for every system every release filling their mega mansion with shit from every game collectable, buy old franchise companies and looting every gacha possible. Thumbing yer nose at everyone.

Then I realize, I'd be just as meh and feel just as bleh as I do now. Whales aren't the answer. But I could certainly solve my rodent issues; so there is that.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

2. Let's check player survey for a game that sold well - Elden Ring (Elden Ring Player Survey - link).
3. What we have is this:

The surveyees

4. You do the math: 1509 * 100 / 1509 + 161 + 24 = 89%. 89% of your audience are male. 9.5% are women. 1.5% are trolls.
5. Let's be optimistic and assume that HALF of your women players are black (probably unrealistic, but OK). This brings the percentage of your target audience to 4.75%.
6. Final fact: you're spending 3+ years and salaries of 60 people to appear to the audience that matches less than 1 out of 20 people that will play your game.

Doing all of the above took less than 7min. How can anybody approve this plan and hope for a good outcome? World is a funny place.
The missing piece here is that companies have tricked themselves into seeing lack of diversity as proof more diversity is needed. Low numbers actually justify putting more of this garbage out there.

There was a thread awhile ago; a rookie developer started at a large studio and found they aggressively propagandized their own staff that the fans wanted more diversity. When he looked into the surveys for this, he found an interesting methodology.

The survey would ask, "Are you a hardcore fan of our games?" If the reader answered yes, a new question was added, "Would more diversity stop you from buying our games?". 80% of hardcore fans answered no, probably because they figure a couple extra blacks and women isn't a big deal, as long as the gameplay remains the same. This result is then touted before managment, "EIGHTY PERCENT OF HARDCORE PLAYERS DEMAND DIVERSITY!" The entire survey was full of rhetorical tricks like this.

The only way they'll learn is if they fail. Stop buying the slop, goys.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

3. What we have is this:

The surveyees

When will people realise it's not about profit for the likes of Fink, Soros, Gates etc.?
It's propaganda and demoralisation. These people have unlimited funds.
Never because a certain subset of the population is incapable of thinking wrong thoughts.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Are the ones that made flintlock the same group that made that nig woman game where she starts in the streets in the big city and ends up in some fantasy world with a magic band that hates her?

No, that was square.
https://www.backloggd.com/u/vehemently/list/aaa-games-with-black-women-as-protagonists/
No. These devs are the retards which developed Ashen then they released it on Epic and after a year they released an unpatched version at full price on Steam. The game bombed and they got completly butthurt about it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
That mod needs work. Her tits are supposed to be cosmic orbs (or triangular anomalies) that bend space and mind. She's so confused in that pic she went crosseyed with disbelief.

Lara said:
MY TITS! Auuuuggghhhhhh!!!!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom