Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn - open world ARPG from Ashen devs

Iucounu

Educated
If The reports of the developer closing down soon are true... I wonder how it must feel knowing that a slightly fatter ass mesh would've saved your company.
I'm just clutching at straws now, but could it be that straight male Asian consumers don't like big booty? Some East-Asian women do have nice curves, but there are also many with flat behinds.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Imagine selling this to an asian market lol
Seems it's not selling in any market. If you can't identify a target audience, at least provide a character creator?

I have yet another theory. These days, many gamers are actually in relationships [citation needed]. Now imagine that your fragile girlfriend catches you playing a game with sexy females! Some males are not willing to take that risk, and may actively avoid buying games where the female characters could be seen as a threat to the family peace. Still doesn't explain why no character creator was provided though.

Iucounu

Educated
Weren't there tribes in Africa that praised the biggest black booty esp if they could carry massive jugs on their butt or be used as a table or pillow while the King Negro sat at his throne of elephant bones? Booty was practically a goddess. And well...

9851ab3d-c775-4805-897b-9041963ddf99.gif
IMG_2669.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

butt_bongos.gif

to-booty-beat-ya-dont-stop-mQU5J1C
No, all of Africa! In its most extreme form I believe it's called Steatopygia.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Now imagine that your fragile girlfriend catches you playing a game with sexy females! Some males are not willing to take that risk, and may actively avoid buying games where the female characters could be seen as a threat to the family peace
Dude if your girl is giving you shit about this, she's a psycho bitch that is going to cut off your ballsack in your sleep because the patterns in her tea cup told her you cheated on her. Or to put it differently, that's an absolutely stupid theory to try and justify this trash game. Or your idea of a relationship is quite toxic.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hats off to old negro double cheek slap with one swipe getting maximum bounce. He is a true ass master.

Iucounu

Educated
Now imagine that your fragile girlfriend catches you playing a game with sexy females! Some males are not willing to take that risk, and may actively avoid buying games where the female characters could be seen as a threat to the family peace
Dude if your girl is giving you shit about this, she's a psycho bitch that is going to cut off your ballsack in your sleep because the patterns in her tea cup told her you cheated on her. Or to put it differently, that's an absolutely stupid theory to try and justify this trash game. Or your idea of a relationship is quite toxic.
I'm just trying to think like a game developer. :smug:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What I thought was funny about this one is that when I first heard a few years back that it was going to be a Soulslike with some type of mash up of early firearms and melee, I was interested. However, when they did the character reveal and I saw it was a set character of some fugly black chick with the hipless body of a 12 year old boy, I quickly removed it from my radar. I figured it'd flop hard on that alone.

Not sure why they keep doing this. :lol:
It seems expensive.

sosmoflux

Educated
"Just your friendly daily reminder that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic sucks ass."
Dude what the fucking shit you lil' bitch ass?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Coffee Shop? Lordy. I wonder how deep the discounts on this game will hit and how fast. Or, it'll just disappear.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Not sure why they keep doing this. :lol:
It seems expensive.

They do it because they don't care if they fail. To them they are wasting money that some billionaire bastard owns and is not their money anyway. They'll lose their jobs and be hired somewhere else anyway, it's only when they can't find jobs that they will start to care.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
That YouTuber said "slop" like 20 times in the video. He's not wrong but sheesh :-D.

He brought up a good point though, in that you're in this Napoleonesque era army digging WWI trenches to fight zombies who have no ranged weapons whatsoever. 'Cause they're zombies.

Lol. What is this even. AI can completely replace vidya gaem writers and I wouldn't even notice. Except maybe to be surprised at how much better the writing is.

MjKorz

Educated
That YouTuber said "slop" like 20 times in the video. He's not wrong but sheesh :-D.

He brought up a good point though, in that you're in this Napoleonesque era army digging WWI trenches to fight zombies who have no ranged weapons whatsoever. 'Cause they're zombies.

Lol. What is this even. AI can completely replace vidya gaem writers and I wouldn't even notice. Except maybe to be surprised at how much better the writing is.
The writing won't be any better with AIslop word salad since the "AI" is going to be trained on content from those same video game writers that will get replaced.

Iucounu

Educated

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
My favorite part was coffee shop vodoo demon with Shaniqua fake fingernails.
During jewish pride month youtube had special emoticons available and it's a real shame they didn't keep them in. I thought they were Synthler membership specific ones at first that he had made when I saw them in the comment section but they were apparently official ones anyone could use at the time, would have been perfect for this game.

ZN1ZTpd.png
HamAsGR.png

I shit you not, this isn't A. Wyatt Mann, this is from youtube's DEI team, they love fat ugly niggers with their fake claws. Although in the case of this game the nigger protag has somehow a negative ass, more deflated buttcheeks than a skinny man, probably to cater to the troons more.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
You can be really nit-picky with the entire art direction. Yea okay the MC is a black woman, whatever. But what the hell kind of aesthetic are they going for elsewhere? You got Generic Dark Souls Undead and Generic Knights. The MC is supposed to be a high ranking army person but looks and dresses like a murderhobo. It's Napoleonic Warfare or some shit but not really.

9ted6

Educated
They wanted the Forspoken audience without realizing Forspoken didn't have an audience.

This thing looks pretty dull. It's a shame the studio ended up here. Ashen showed promise and I found it charming in an understated way. Did quite a lot with limited assets and had one particularly ball busting main dungeon. Open world areas were distinct from one another and weren't stuffed with filler.

A44 is a Kiwi studio FFS. Local inspiration aplenty courtesy of the wonderful landscapes and unique wildlife. Interesting indigenous and colonial history too. No need for this generic corporate crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom