Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fluent Plays Fallout 4

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I mean...
I did have fun with Fallout 4 for about 20 hours or so.
That's longer than I had fun with Fallout 3...

If they just dropped all pretense of RPG, their games would be much better overall.

Deleted Member 16721

Yeah I'm enjoying it but I'm not very far yet. Still playing ESO too. I plan on getting deeper with F4 once I'm done with ESO.

I have a confession. I've yet to play Fallout 4. Hope to correct that soon though! #gamingsins #mountainroads

It's time to get over the butthurt about the fact that Bethesda rebooted the series as an FPS. I recently played Fallout 1 and it was cool, but it's been over 20 years now. Get with the new. Enjoy yourselves a bit. Try something new. Get some sunlight. Because Beth is doing great things with the franchise and will continue to.
Wait. It’s my understanding that the Codex is specifically a place for grognards who do NOT like change to talk to likeminded people. We’re here because we love the old. It was good. We want more of it. Your post seems counter to the intended purpose of the entire forum.

"old good new bad" is a dumb idea pushed by tryhards on the opposite side of the "old bad new good" gibbering hordes, the codex is fond of certain aspects of gaming that have been largery abandoned by the industry - and by consequence the general public - but it is generally receptive to change if it's good change (which is not that different from most people). Also dongs

I may be repeating things I've said elsewhere on this site; I don't really remember. In any case, Fallout 4: Far Harbor was decent. Some surprisingly strong writing in parts, a fun location, good faction interplay, and generally speaking the best I could've expected Bethesda to do when it came to aping Fallout New Vegas. The loss of a more expressive stat system really hurt the ability to roleplay, but Far Harbor did a surprisingly good job with what it was given.

The base game, however, is abysmal. It's tedious, full of filler content, with awful pacing and writing. What comes to mind is the modules to Neverwinter Nights that managed to tremendously improve on the base game. I could definitely see modders doing some really cool stories within Fallout 4's engine, which does admittedly have some pretty basically entertaining shooting, but I don't see a ton of reasons for them to specifically pick Fallout 4 to convey those stories. Additionally, I doubt they could ever do much with the limited dialogue and roleplay systems, and I haven't heard of anything particularly interesting releasing for it.

typical user

Arbiter
I have a confession. I've yet to play Fallout 4. Hope to correct that soon though! #gamingsins #mountainroads

It's time to get over the butthurt about the fact that Bethesda rebooted the series as an FPS. I recently played Fallout 1 and it was cool, but it's been over 20 years now. Get with the new. Enjoy yourselves a bit. Try something new. Get some sunlight. Because Beth is doing great things with the franchise and will continue to.
Wait. It’s my understanding that the Codex is specifically a place for grognards who do NOT like change to talk to likeminded people. We’re here because we love the old. It was good. We want more of it. Your post seems counter to the intended purpose of the entire forum.

"old good new bad" is a dumb idea pushed by tryhards on the opposite side of the "old bad new good" gibbering hordes, the codex is fond of certain aspects of gaming that have been largery abandoned by the industry - and by consequence the general public - but it is generally receptive to change if it's good change (which is not that different from most people). Also dongs

If you want post-apoc fps which doesn't try to masquarade as an RPG or lie to you by presenting a story written by 5-year old huffed with glue then play Rage 2 developed by Avalanche and Id Software. Read my first posts about the game, I believe I said everything there is to say about it. I sat for like 50 hours and no amount of mods can fix that mess and total overhauls usually get C&D before they reach playable state.

Deleted Member 16721

If you think that's comedy gold you need to get out more.

No mods Zer0wing . I'm playing straight up. I'd suggest giving the base game + DLC a go first and modding for a 2nd playthrough. The base game is really good as-is especially if you like modding guns and crafting.

Zer0wing

Cipher
No mods Zer0wing . I'm playing straight up. I'd suggest giving the base game + DLC a go first and modding for a 2nd playthrough. The base game is really good as-is especially if you like modding guns and crafting.
Cut content restoration that at least rams some modicum of sense into this absolute dumb fuck game?
Classic dialogue menu?
Classic skills?
Boston fps fix?
Annoying minigames removal?
Fake and unnecessary graphics removal?
Absolutely abysmal settlement building mechanic?

Hello?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom