Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FO3 is not nearly as bad as you hystronic nerds make it out to be

ZeniBot

Cipher
Jagged Alliance 2,planetscape Torment,Fallout1, etc....
Tactics and Sacrifice were like the last two games I got from them. I also got EWJ included with my DVD drive for some reason lol. Oh I also remember getting Descent 3 as well. *actually I lie Star Fleet Command 2 was the last game going by the dates. I thought it was earlier.
Jagged Alliance 2
They did but this was later after we had essentially stopped being friends. I really love the shit out of JA2 especially the 1.12 mod.
Sure Interplay released the amazing game Fallout Brotherhood of Steel (Huge Incline).
fuck you that doesn't exist. It never did.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC, DO NOT QUESTION THE MILLIONS OF NORMALCUCKS WHO CONSUME PRODUCT AND NEXT PRODUCT AFTER THAT BEEP BOOP ORANGE MAN BAD REE

Oh you're gonna fit in well around here.

Everywhere else: "you are not the target demographic" -> "oh ok"
RPG Codex: "you are not the target demographic" -> "REEEEE NORMALCUCKS"

:happytrollboy:

It's even funnier because you are demonizing people who simply play games ocassionally as opposed to shitting on games 24/7 like the other retards here do.

Those are the same people that buy every Halo and can't wait for the next MCU film. They are morons.

Drowed

Arcane
I am always impressed when I realize that some people take what many say here on Codex as a literal truth. I mean... This site is edgelord heaven. It's a place for many to come to have fun and talk shit about games they don't like (or even like) because it's fun to do it once in a while to relax. 95% of users are not basement dwellers and do not have their own bunker (except Cleve), they're normal, boring people who do normal, boring things in their daily lives. But here, they may come to say that Fallout 3 is the greatest heretical disgrace that has ever existed on the face of the earth and that everyone involved should die. Fun times.

If you can't figure this out and filter the messages to see what's happening (taking advantage of the good discussions and interesting debates that eventually appear here), you'll end up getting paranoid. Either that, or you're part of that 5% that's really not normal and probably has erotic dreams imagining what it would be like to live in Elder Scrools' world and have sex with an argonian. And if that's your case, well, you need help.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am always impressed when I realize that some people take what many say here on Codex as a literal truth. I mean... This site is edgelord heaven. It's a place for many to come to have fun and talk shit about games they don't like (or even like) because it's fun to do it once in a while to relax. 95% of users are not basement dwellers and do not have their own bunker (except Cleve), they're normal, boring people who do normal, boring things in their daily lives. But here, they may come to say that Fallout 3 is the greatest heretical disgrace that has ever existed on the face of the earth and that everyone involved should die. Fun times.

If you can't figure this out and filter the messages to see what's happening (taking advantage of the good discussions and interesting debates that eventually appear here), you'll end up getting paranoid. Either that, or you're part of that 5% that's really not normal and probably has erotic dreams imagining what it would be like to live in Elder Scrools' world and have sex with an argonian. And if that's your case, well, you need help.
/thread

JDR13

Arcane
Keep in mind the age I would have had to had been to have played Daggerfall at release. I played the demo version after Morrowind as it came with a magazine, the Demo is a bit shit and doesn't do the final game justice. I'm sure a lot of people had the same experiences.

169c8e69b3dbb6a1fa3437a746ff3cee.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
Fallout 3 was the previous games as imagined by Steven Spielberg. Prissy 50s nostalgia laden on top of a society that against all odds "works" despite of having been stuck in barbarism and scavenging on the dead and poisoned land for the past 100 years or something. And then there's the "family matters" motivation for the player character, and since runty kids are a staple of the 'Berg, there's also one in the game's tutorial - you.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Codex works best when it's exaggerated hate based on real flaws, with real critiques based on mechanics and design. I lurked here and eventually joined because of the Oblivion review, because literally every other site was sucking that game's dick to an absurd degree and the Codex was the only place saying "wait... I think this game is bad." Doing it in the "Todd raped my asshole and the game gave me AIDS!!!" way is Codex troll personality, sure, but the actual criticisms were valid and there, and no one else was making them. I think too often though edgelords who just love ridin' the edge shit all over everything just because it's fun for them, as you say. It's a shame we can't get one without the other, but that's free expression for ya. Still, I wouldn't trade the honest reactions and criticisms I saw of Outer Worlds when it came out for anything.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think in terms of modern games, the bar was lower back when Fallout 3 was released. Not to say the bar is all that high now, but I think Fallout 4's reception took a big hit because the Witcher 3 had been released and people had something to compare it too. Even though Fallout 4 is better than Fallout 3, people see it the other way around. But they're both quite shit so I guess it doesn't matter.

Sykar

Arcane
Just want to point out what the fuck those people are then even doing on a site like this then. If they don't want a discussion about critical aspects then what the fuck are they doing in a THREAD DISCUSSING CRITICAL ASPECTS OF THE GAME! as I've said in the fallout 76 thread. A person that was currently playing games casually wouldn't be posting, they would be playing the damn game. So I have to wonder if this is merely guerrilla marketing and you're all that stupid to fall for it.

This has nothing to do with RPG Codex. The truth is people not present on this site are being called "normalcucks" just because they aren't overly critical of a damn videogame. When did having fun become a crime against humanity? Grow up and play the videogames you like instead of spending your free time shitting on the ones you don't like.

Such a retarded disingenuous strawman hyperbole. Criticizing retards for having bad taste, no standards and rewarding terrible business practices does not mean that anyone thinks it is a crime against humanity.

Black Angel

Arcane
I am always impressed when I realize that some people take what many say here on Codex as a literal truth.
But that's the truth. I'm not saying literally everything said on the Codex is the truth, but an atom of them are.

Even then, I'd take Codex shitposting any day over blind ignorance of graphic whorism and the lowest common denominators' primal desire to consoom which make up the 99.999999999999999999999999% of the taste out there.

MWaser

Arbiter
We've gone from "Fallout 3 is trash" through "Fallout NV is also trash" into "Morrowind was never good" so far in this thread.

Anvi who always says the same thing about Bethesda games nonwithstanding, I'm giving it max 5 more pages before everyone remaining here is on the page of "Bethesda never made a good game".

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
We've gone from "Fallout 3 is trash" through "Fallout NV is also trash" into "Morrowind was never good" so far in this thread.

Anvi who always says the same thing about Bethesda games nonwithstanding, I'm giving it max 5 more pages before everyone remaining here is on the page of "Bethesda never made a good game".

ARENA was pretty good.

Semiurge

Cipher
One of the few good moments with FO3 was during that sidequest where you encounter the zealot father who lives in isolation with his family. I had installed the Killable Kids mod, so excepting the little runtlight caves, what better opportunity was there to test it? Instead of resolving the dispute, whatever it was, with him peacefully I killed him and before leaving "the compound" I entered the little shack turned into a classroom, tossed a live grenade in there and exited. And so some semblance of FO1/2 was restored :incline:

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
FO3 could have been way worse.
:shredder:
Fun thread, fun thread. F3 is an abomination, pure and simple. But that has been discussed in detail already, it seems rather pointless to add more. If OP was serious, then he's clueless. If he was trolling... well, apparently he succeded in that. By the way, is it just me or VD's review isn't accesible anymore? Can't find any cache copy.

What bothers me personally about F3 the most - F:NV was built on its assets. Now whilist I liked NV a lot, the F3 "leftovers" are all over: heavily action themed while shooting part is broken thanks to Gamebryo, ugly waifus NPCs, questionable at best VATS system, third person camera feels stupid because "ice skating" effect, ridiculous object physics (there're too many possible complains to the engine so I might as well stop). So at the end of the day, F:NV as a successor of the series sucks ass, sadly. Just look at this instead:
alexander-berezin-vegas.jpg

Artist

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
One of the few good moments with FO3 was during that sidequest where you encounter the zealot father who lives in isolation with his family. I had installed the Killable Kids mod, so excepting the little runtlight caves, what better opportunity was there to test it? Instead of resolving the dispute, whatever it was, with him peacefully I killed him and before leaving "the compound" I entered the little shack turned into a classroom, tossed a live grenade in there and exited. And so some semblance of FO1/2 was restored :incline:

I don't even remember this but I didn't play the game to 100% completion. It just got boring. Sure shooting raiders in a old radar dish facility can be fun, or exploring DC - a city I do know somewhat well due to school trips, my twink physique being eyed by thirsty gerontocratic senators - was alright a few times, but the quests were just...eh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom