Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fog & Silver - occult steampunk action RPG

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_4a99d8be58a33cac0dd8485c8293c24a13e13f01.600x338.jpg
ss_bfa87025c5980da84148fca26c3f6909a8cafd1d.600x338.jpg

By German developer Nukklear (formed by developers of NEOCRON games, did initial development of the new multiplayer Comanche)

Header_ThePremise.png

Fog & Silver is a hack and slash action role-playing game set in a fantastic, mystical, and dark reimagined Europe of the late 19th century; with a focus on visceral combat, powerful items, and in-depth character customization.

Embrace this era of mystery and innovation as a famous person from history or literature, also known as an Exalted. To battle a mysterious foe trying to wipe out Exalted, assemble a highly capable team of fellow Exalted.

Header_TheStory.png

FaS_steamBanner_London.gif

In the world of Fog & Silver, the most advanced technology of the Victorian era and the occult forces from beyond the veil coexist. You experience this wild time of innovation and mystery as an Exalted. One of the most powerful and extraordinary individuals this era has to offer, like Nicola Tesla, Dr. Jekyll, and Mr. Hyde, or Madame Tussaud. You are the pinnacle of your field and near untouchable for mere mortals.

But there is a deep rift between followers of Technology and the Occult, forcing everyone to pick their side in a struggle for supremacy. Worse even, someone has found a way to threaten the nigh-invincible Exalted themselves. Being an Exalted yourself, you must ensure your own survival by gathering a group of other Exalted and combat this threat before it destroys you and throws the world into chaos.

Header_TheExhalted.png

FaS_steambanner_Exhalted.png

The Exalted are humanity’s finest in their fields of expertise; living legends among the common man. Inventors, scientists, scholars, even wielders of supernatural powers.

Gather these paragons of humanity, earn their loyalty and unite against a common enemy. They are valuable assets throughout the game and help the player achieve their goals through their unique abilities. Cultivating the allegiances of The Exalted unlocks additional player-skills, and branching storylines.

Header_TheWorld.png

A fantastic, dark, and magical spin on Europe in the late 19th century serves as the game world, with a focus on location variety. The unique locales range from a shipyard in Hamburg, an Egyptian exposition in a Parisian museum, the dungeons of the Tower of London, the Orient Express, a research submarine, the twisted canals of Venice, and an Opera House in Moscow to name but a few. Utilizing the Flying Ferdinand, the player traverses the globe, visiting these grim and historical settings, which serve as the backdrop to the world of Fog & Silver.

Header_TheFlyingF.png

SteamBanner_FlyingFerdinand.png

The Flying Ferdinand serves as a player hub. It is the living quarters, crafting station, mission deployment area, as well as the epicentre for story progression. In addition, it is the primary mode of transportation for the player. Additionally, the Ferdinand’s abilities can be called upon during ground combat allowing players to harness its vast arsenal; potentially turning the tide of a battle.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
RPGs are invariably tied to wandering the wild and killing monsters for treasure chests, any urban setting is an excuse for the designers to perpetrate some political stance no sane person gives a crap about
anyone who likes urban RPGs just wants to larp radical politics without getting arrested

vazha

Arcane
Call me fabulously optimistic, but this hits all the right notes as far as atmosphere & tone is concerned. Even voice acting is surprisingly tolerable. Will follow.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The chick is excessively ugly, for which I doubt there is a diegetic reason. I suspect a political reason, though.

Her VO is too slow and the intonations are weird. Like the actress doesn't get that this isn't a fairy tale. "Vaaamppiiiirreess...... aaaand werewoooollvesss....". The intonation is like she's about to say "booooooh!", telling a story to small children. 1- Hurry up reading the text. 2- Get more serious. I don't like her accent either, but that's subjective.

The dialogue font is hard to read. The text needed an editing pass before it got voiced.
- And where does this Wellington dwell?
- "I know that!"
Instead of "I know that", she should be saying "I know where." The dialogue UI needs to fade-in and fade-out, not pop-in and pop-out. I don't think the dialogue background panel is needed, or if they keep it, it needs something other than being a black panel.

It all reeks of "indie-ness". I don't know how you people still get excited for this kind of stuff. Best case scenario, it'll be mediocre.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom