Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Football, Tactics & Glory - XCOM meets football, not handegg

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

Desc1_en.png

What do we love about XCOM?
  • Exciting battles, in which the result does not depend on the speed of your reaction, but on the ability to plan ahead and make smart decisions;
  • Composing your squad, in which you gradually become closer to each of your fighters;
  • Leveling up your squad members with a choice of classes and skills.

What do we love about Football Manager?
  • A lively football world in which clubs compete in a variety of competitions with promotions and eliminations;
  • Ability to buy and sell football players;
  • Development of your club.

We have combined these features into one game.

You create or take control of an unknown club and raise it to the heights of world football. Along the way you make interesting decisions, “fight” in tactical matches, upgrade your players in RPG-like style.

Desc2_en.png

• The tactile sensation of managing footballers like pieces on a chess board. Meanwhile, each footballer is unique. In time, you will recognize each of them by their faces and you will have a particular attitude toward each of them.
  • This game is about strategic planning, not micromanagement. Instead of spending time enhancing some characteristic by 0.01%, you make “big” decisions that noticeably affect the destiny of your club. This eliminates the boring side of football manager games – countless tables, a whole routine, and micromanagement.
  • The game values your time. You can make it through a football season in just a couple of actual hours rather than days as is the case for other football manager games. Meanwhile, each season is filled with events and fascinating decisions.
  • You manage the footballers directly, so you always know why the match took a certain course, rather than going another way. You know how footballers use their strong points and weaknesses. Since in other games it is never obvious how your tactics and the strong points of your players affected (or did not affect) the end results.

Desc3_en.png

Football, Tactics & Glory reinvents the basics of the football management genre, making it appealing to everyone, not just the most hardcore football management aficionados. In many reviews, players write that they didn’t like football until they tried our game.

If you enjoy turn-based gameplay, strategy or tycoon games, you will love Football, Tactics & Glory.

Desc4_en.png

- Unique turn-based system
- Club development involving economics and RPG elements
- Powerful face editor
- Mod support which allows you to create real-life leagues
- Online game support
- Twitch integration (spectators can interact with a streamer)

Zanzoken

Arcane
I have this in my Steam library and remember spending a decent chunk of time with it a couple years back.

The concept was interesting and fun but there was one weird design aspect that ultimately made me put it down. As you would expect, each of the players on the field has stats for skills like passing, shooting, tackling, etc that affected how well they could perform those maneuvers. But at the same time, there are also special "power moves" -- don't recall what they're actually called in game -- that only check against the player's current fatigue. So for example, you could have a player with a rotten shooting skill, but if he had the right power move and was fully charged on fatigue, he could pull off a powerful shot on the goal that was really difficult for the defenders to stop.

It was really jarring to try to strategize for -- like playing an RPG where your basic fighter class inexplicably might have the ability to cast a massive fireball, even though he shouldn't be able to use fire magic at all. And the system was pretty buttoned up otherwise, so these power moves were a really important part of the overall gameplay. Sort of like having free actions in a game where everything else relies on 50/50 dice rolls.

Again that was a while ago, and it looks like the devs have continued working on the game, so it could be completely different now. I remember the game being pretty decent otherwise, so might be worth checking out if you're a big football or turn-based tactics fan.

Inspectah

Savant
The game was definitely Fun for a few good hours. Some problems definitely emerged eventually like the over reliance on headers beeing the only way to score against strong teams, which meant that the whole match the only tactic was this Guy gets in front of this line and this one runs to the side. Repeat ad nauseum.
I really like How the game feels though, like a powered up Button football board.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, I played this quite a lot when it was released and like the posters above, it was entertaining but flawed. I tried again not long ago and they've made so many changes to it, it was almost like a different game. Got sidetracked playing something else, (Battle Brothers?) and forgot about it, but might well give it another go when I get the itch.

I saw it described as a cross between football and the combat from HoMM, which got me to buy it. Not entirely accurate, but I can see some resemblance.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
The game was definitely Fun for a few good hours. Some problems definitely emerged eventually like the over reliance on headers beeing the only way to score against strong teams, which meant that the whole match the only tactic was this Guy gets in front of this line and this one runs to the side. Repeat ad nauseum.
I really like How the game feels though, like a powered up Button football board.
it might seem like it, it's easiest to take advantage of, and I certainly found myself in that pattern with my first team, but there are other ways to dig yourself past defensive lines and you'll have to find your own lacking someone to do headers, keep ball possession or do passes reliably, as I've had to lacking the necessary guys to build up the same dynamic with my second team - you'd be fucked in the header department the moment the enemy has a superpower level 2-4 header guy in defense

instead I'm finding myself digging passes through defense using a guy with monster ball control to switch places with the enemy, then passing it back to my superpowered cannon shot guy or another forward with a base monster shooting ability for them to shoot through the cleared path of attack

when the enemy has a god level goalie, my fight becomes to get the ball control guy in the penalty box with the ball - if I don't have enough juice in him to make use of his dribbling superpower, most all times the goalie fouls against him on the opponent's turn trying to get the ball from him, giving me a hard won shot on the goal through penalty

It was really jarring to try to strategize for -- like playing an RPG where your basic fighter class inexplicably might have the ability to cast a massive fireball, even though he shouldn't be able to use fire magic at all. And the system was pretty buttoned up otherwise, so these power moves were a really important part of the overall gameplay. Sort of like having free actions in a game where everything else relies on 50/50 dice rolls.

Again that was a while ago, and it looks like the devs have continued working on the game, so it could be completely different now. I remember the game being pretty decent otherwise, so might be worth checking out if you're a big football or turn-based tactics fan.
I love it

you get a full view of enemy team composition and placement before the match, watching out for guys with "superpowers" and advanced positions/classes (that come with their own inherent abilities) is half the fun and half of picking their combinations apart lest they fuck you up

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
List of changes in Football Stars
New mechanics, improvements and bug fixes

329601a727abe639328cc77fb64d4c7185bf4074.png

The expansion Football Stars will be available on November 12. In this post, I will write about all its changes, improvements and new mechanics.

GIFTEDNESS
  • Now each footballer is also characterized by Giftedness (value from 0 to 5).
  • Giftedness affects the experience footballers gain and skill potential in a match.
  • Skill Potential is a new global mechanic that affects the performance of skills in a match. It also affects the Headers and the effectiveness of the wing defenders.
  • Motivation increases the skill potential (in addition to increasing the attributes).
  • Wherever the footballer's level is displayed, the rate of gaining experience is also displayed (which depends on his current level and Giftedness).
  • The Giftedness of the footballers who leave the Youth Academies depends on the rank of the country in which the team plays. This applies to both the player's team and the AI teams.

STATISTICS
  • The Statistics button has been added to the Tournaments screen. When you click this button, the detailed statistics screen of the selected tournament opens. There you will find a wealth of information about the best clubs, the best footballer, the most interesting matches, etc. For continental tournaments, there are additional statistics about the participation of different countries.
  • There is a button on the tournament statistics screen that opens the possibility to view the league standings for each season. Available for all leagues.
  • When you enter your club screen, you will see two new global tabs with a huge amount of historical statistics for your club. There you will find information about your best footballers, the most interesting matches, the statistics of each of your footballers, including those who have already left the club, action zones in matches, penalties, wins and losses, cards, injuries, scoring methods used, etc.
  • There you will also find detailed statistics on Money earned and spent, Glory and Fans. By clicking on the 'i' buttons for the current season, you can see more detailed statistics. For example, you can see current sponsors, footballers sold and bought, etc.
  • Also some general statistics have been added to the screen of each AI club. So you can investigate how other clubs live.
  • Now one best footballer of the match is selected for each match (previously the game selected the best player for each team). Also added a separate screen which shows the top-3 best footballers. At the end of the season, you can get Glory if your footballer is on this list.
  • After each match, the journalists now make up the Team of the Round. It depends both on the effectiveness of a footballer in the match and on his strength as a whole. You get fans for every your footballer in this team. If you provided more footballers to this team than other clubs, you also earn Glory.
  • At the end of the season, each tournament will have a Team of the Season. It consists of the footballers who were nominated to the Team of the Round most of the times.
  • Now you can go to the Countries screen, select any country and open the standings for that country at any time.
  • Also for each country, you can see the statistics of the teams that have earned the most trophies.
  • Now you can see a list of all matches in the current season for any tournament and any country. To see this list, change the view of the Tournaments screen (arrows left and right at the bottom of the screen).
  • Before the match, you can click the Head-to-Head button to see detailed statistics of all the times your club played against the next opponent.
  • You can select any club in the standings or in the fixtures, and by clicking the Head-to-Head button, you can see the statistics of play against this club.
  • On the match results screen, you can select any club, and by clicking the Head-to-Head button, you can see detailed statistics of the plays between the two clubs for which you are currently watching the match results. That is, for example, even if you play in the Amateur League, you can open the results of a European Cup match, find a match between Barcelona and Liverpool, select one of these clubs, and see the entire history of plays between Barcelona and Liverpool. Usually, after 5-10 seasons, interesting data accumulates. Moreover, you can even go to another country's match results and see the history of plays between any pair of clubs in the selected country.
  • At the end of the season, detailed statistics for all tournaments you have participated in that season are shown. Previously, such statistics were only displayed in the hot seat mode. Now we have expanded it significantly and added it to the single-player game.
  • After each match, more statistics are now shown: interesting matches, footballers, etc. Also in a separate tab, you can see the statistics of the performance of your footballers in the last match.
  • Redesigned the Career screen. More historical data is now shown (cards, injuries, etc.). It also now displays how much money the footballers was sold for.
  • The Player's Profile screen has been improved. More data added. Also, now you can separate the statistics for all time from the statistics for the time spent in your club.
  • Added ability to sort league tables by all parameters (goals, wins, etc.).
  • Added the ability to sort the country ranking table for each season separately.

TRANSFERS
  • Now you can send scouts to other countries. The higher the country's position in the ranking, the stronger (and more expensive) footballers play there.
  • Now you can open the screen of any club, select a footballer and try to buy him. But the cost in Money and Glory will be significantly higher than if it was put on the transfers. Some footballers are very important to their clubs, so you will need to pay extra Glory just to get the club ready to discuss the sale of the footballer with you.
  • Other clubs can study your footballers, find those they really need and ask you to sell them. Moreover, they will offer a higher price than the footballer is worth. You can ask for even more, and if you're lucky, the cost of the footballer can triple (or get even higher).
  • Now, when selling a footballer, in most cases, 3 options are shown (before, there was only one option). Moreover, club offers may vary. Some clubs can offer less Money but additionally give Glory. And some clubs can offer more Money but split the payment into two parts (the second part will come at the beginning of the next transfer window).
  • Now, the more upgraded are your scouts, the cheaper are the footballers in the transfer lists. You can build a strategy through transfers and get quite cheap and good footballers from there.

INFRASTRUCTURE AND COACHES
  • The mechanics of infrastructure and staff have been reworked. Now, in order to hire staff, you must have a corresponding building built. Each building gives the opportunity to make a different number of staff upgrades.
  • New buildings: Medical Centre (each level gives 2 personnel upgrades), Scout Centre (each level gives 2 personnel upgrades), Training Grounds (each level gives 5 personnel upgrades)
  • Added two youth coaches. One coach improves the attributes of the young footballers, the other one gives more experience to the young footballers after the matches.
  • Added two medics. One medic reduces the duration of injuries, the second one reduces the likelihood of injury.
  • Now the experience of a bench coach is not combined with that of a class coach. After the match, the footballer receives the experience of each of the coaches separately.
  • The experience given by different coaches has been rebalanced.

CARDS AND SUSPENSIONS
  • Now cards are issued separately for each tournament. In the footballer's profile, you can see which tournaments the cards have been issued for.
  • Receiving two yellow cards in different matches will result in a one-match suspension.
  • At the beginning of a new season, all cards are reset.
  • Single yellow cards are also reset after the quarterfinals of cup tournaments (including continental tournaments).

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
  • Top clubs are now more intelligently looking for the footballers they need on transfers.
  • Teams have learned to use more varied (and more complex) formations.
  • The top clubs have learned how to select formations that work well against your tactics (provided the club has the right footballers).
  • Teams have learned to make substitutions in the matches.
  • Teams learned to change formation during the matches.
  • AI is now much better at corners and also much better at defending during corners.

GAME MODES
  • Added the Iron Manager mode. You cannot replay matches in this mode. If the player exits with Alt + F4, he will receive a technical defeat 3:0. An achievement is provided for using this mode.
  • In the Hard mode, the skill's potential more depends on Giftedness. Therefore, now the Hard mode has become more difficult not only economically, but also in gameplay (which I personally love very much).
  • 25 new achievements.

CHANGES TO THE SPECIALIZATION TREE
  • Added a new branch of specialization: 'Stamina'. With this branch, you can increase the stamina recovery of a footballer, as well as reduce the likelihood of injuries and cards.
  • Previously, when a footballer has learned the 'Talent' specialization group, the speed of training the next skill decreased by 2 months. Now, for learning this group, the footballer's skill potential is increased by 1 (in Hard mode - by 2).
  • Now the Fan Favorite gives additional Glory if a footballer is included in the Team of the Round (or Team of the Season) instead of additional fans (which led to their uncontrolled growth).

VISUAL
  • Added animations of the celebrations when your team wins a tournament (or promotes to the higher stage of a cup tournament). Also, added the animations of regret when your team loses in a cup tournament.
  • Now, you will be able to see the referee giving a card and footballers to be injured. Also, you will be able to see how footballers enter the pitch and leave it when you perform substitutions.
  • Reworked the animation of the ball flying into the goal. Now the goals look more varied, interesting and realistic.

SOUND AND MUSIC
  • Added 10 new musical tracks.
  • Now, the crowd noise depends on the size of the stadium and on the number of the fans on the stands.
  • On some biggest stadiums, the contextual fan reactions are added.

TUTORIALS
  • Added new tests to the Coach license.
  • The articles of Footballpedia have been updated and new ones have been added. Updated and new articles have a "New" or "Updated" icon.
  • Added class icons to Footballpedia (to make it easier to find information about them).

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
Match
  • Now you can simulate the started match to the end at any moment. This comes in handy when you are confidently winning or losing and want to save time.
  • The post-match statistics screen has been improved. Now goals are better visible there, assistants and injury durations are displayed.
  • Added the names of the kicker and goalkeeper during the penalties.

Out of the matches
  • Before the match, next to the crests of the participating clubs, it is displayed whether any of these clubs is a current champion in any tournament. Icons are also displayed if one of the clubs is a bogey team/ easy rival /constant rival for the other club.
  • Added information about the interest from other clubs for all footballers on the Contracts screen.
  • On the Opponent's screen before the match, the stars of the strength of your team and the opposing team are now displayed.
  • The Opponent screen has been moved to the first tab. If there is no match that day, the screen looks like the Squad screen. If there is a match, then - like the Opponent screen.
  • Now every time the game is saving, this process is displayed.

Other
  • In the hot seat mode, we added a match statistics to the substitutions screen (same as already was made for the single-player campaign).

BALANCE
We've reviewed every single element of the game's actual balance and made adjustments to make the game more interesting. In the lists below, I will highlight only the most noticeable changes.

Match
  • Precision Shot has become even more powerful, since now during its execution the defence of opponents is reduced not by 20, but by 40%. Previously, this action was rarely used, it was only suitable for certain tactics. Now it will be used much more often.
  • If a footballer receives a red card, the attributes of all footballers of that team are reduced by 15%.
  • Goalkeepers can now receive red cards.
  • Now, when taking a penalty kick, the Accuracy attribute is used instead of Control.
  • If a goalkeeper stays not on his zone, the penalty is increased from 50 to 85%.

Game modes
  • The balance of the starting number of fans in the Sandbox has been changed. Earlier in the early game, the lower leagues had a huge fan base, so you didn't have to worry when they left. Now the number is more in line with the position of the team in the league.
  • In Hard mode, the age of the footballers at the start of the campaign has been increased. In addition, the balance of Giftedness in Hard mode is different from Normal, making the difference between different Giftedness levels more pronounced.
  • Easy mode is made easier by lowering contract costs, lowering transfer costs, lowering infrastructure and staff costs, decreasing the age and increasing the Giftedness of the starting team.

Economics
  • Earlier, the footballer's transfer value was affected by the footballer's level, age, skill levels and specialization. Now Giftedness additionally affects the value.
  • Earlier, only the footballer's level and the duration of the contract affected the cost of contracts. Now, the level and quantity of skills, the specialization level, and Giftedness also affect the cost.
  • After cup qualification matches, the footballers earn less experience (than in the vanilla game). This is especially important in Hard Mode in the Amateur League, when you could get a lot of 'free' experience, which was not logical.
  • The balance of earning experience in different leagues has been revised. Defeating a higher league match now gives almost the same experience as winning a lower league match. Therefore, promotion to a higher league now makes much more sense.
  • The Glory balance has been completely redesigned. The most notable changes: less reward for defeating a strong opponent, more reward for success in the tournaments, the cost of the first staff upgrades has been reduced, and the cost of the later upgrades is increased.
  • The balance of the getting/losing fans has been completely remade. The dynamics now look more realistic. In addition, it is now possible to get over 80,000 fans.
  • Now sponsors give an additional cash bonus, the amount of which depends on the current number of fans.
  • From now on, at least one sponsor will always offer two simple conditions (money per match / win / goals / home win). Therefore, if you do not want to risk, you can always choose a simpler condition.

Other
  • In the Premier Leagues (of all countries), the disparity between the strongest and weakest clubs has increased. Therefore, there is now less chance that weak clubs will win often become champions or win continental cups.
  • Added the ability for Central Midfielders to learn the class Wing Defender. And vice versa.
  • Changed the balance of points given to countries for participating teams in continental tournaments. In general, the points are close to the real balance in European tournaments, but with minor changes due to the fact that the number of rounds in our game may differ from the real ones.
  • Now footballers are not included in the top-10 lists based on the results of the qualifying stages of cup tournaments, as such footballers previously had an advantage in determining the best footballers of the season.

FIXED BUGS
We have fixed a lot of hard to notice bugs. Below, I will describe the most obvious fixed bugs.

Match
  • When the goalkeeper took the penalty kick, he was wearing a field uniform.
  • When performing a False Kick, the sound of the ball hitting was heard, although there was no hit.

Balance
  • Weak teams earned XP faster than strong teams. This led to the fact that over time they began to win continental tournaments. This was the result of a bug in the code that we fixed.

Interface
  • After renaming tournaments, default names were used on some screens.
  • The game crashed if you drag a footballer on the specialization screen and drop it out of the list.
  • On the specialization screen the class colors did not work consistently in some cases.
  • Music disappeared when switching to Face Editor and Leagues Editor.
  • The dark background under the names of the footballers in the team photo did not support a large number of lines.

New campaign
  • If you change the rating of countries before the start of the campaign, then the strong countries remained strong, even if they were at the bottom of the rating. Fixed. Now the strength of the country at the beginning of the campaign depends on the rating set before the match.

Hot Seat
  • In the Hot Seat mode, the game didn't use the strength of the teams set in the modifications.

Texts
  • Errors in some names of footballers have been fixed.
  • Year-month-day characters were not displayed in the Contacts screen in Korean and Chinese.
  • A lot of bugs have been fixed in localization for some languages (many thanks to the players who took the initiative and reviewed all the texts !!!)
  • In some places where the texts did not fit, the text fields were expanded.

the expansion is out!!!

This expansion is a major revamp to the base game and significantly improves existing mechanics:

GIFTEDNESS
A new mechanic has been added to every footballer: giftedness. Although the theoretical maximum level is 100 for every footballer, they will now level up considerably slower after they reach a certain level (their practical maximum level).
More gifted footballers have a higher practical maximum level, allowing them to compete better in higher tournaments.

Giftedness and stamina now account for the potential of both the attacker using the skill and the defender who defends against the skill. Level 1 skills are now much more usable!

Expect major changes to the way you build your team, centered around the giftedness of your footballers, while other characteristics are still important as well.

STATISTICS
Various statistics from previous and current seasons are now saved and analyzed. You can indulge in the past glory of your club, and adopt better future tactics through the many graphs, charts, and statistical summaries!

CLUB'S INFRASTRUCTURE AND PERSONNEL
You can now upgrade the club’s infrastructure such as the training ground, scout centre and hospital.
New personnel have been added (physicians, youth coaches).

TRANSFERS
  • You can now directly buy footballers from abroad.
  • You can now directly buy footballers not on the transfer market if you're willing to pay a higher price.
  • When you sell a footballer, you can choose between different offers from 2-3 clubs (previously you cannot control which club to sell your footballer to).
  • Other clubs will periodically offer to buy your best footballers at a higher price.
GAMEPLAY AND BALANCE
  • Major rework to the economy system.
  • Added Team of the round and Team of the season that reward with Glory and Fans.
  • Added a new specialization tree: Stamina.
  • Redesigned fan mechanics. Now you can accumulate more than 80,000 fans. The more fans your club has, the more money sponsors are willing to pay you.
  • Improved AI of top clubs when preparing formations and making substitutions. Premier League becomes more challenging.
  • For experienced players looking for a challenge, Hard mode is even more difficult than before.
  • Added the ability to quickly simulate an already started match to completion.
  • Added Ironman mode, in which players cannot quit a match once it's started. You must play it to completion or switch to simulation.
  • Plus many balance changes for you to discover!
IMMERSION
  • Added animations following important wins and losses in both League and Cup games.
  • Added visual events that pause the match for substitutions, injuries and yellow/red cards.
  • Goal animations reworked. Now they look more varied, interesting and realistic.
  • Different crowd noises based on the number of fans and the size of the stadium.
  • Added 10 background music tracks.
  • Plus various interface improvements.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
upgraded the youth academy to produce 2-3 star gifted rookies, which it does once every 6 months - now everybody wants to give me big bucks for my younglings once they've learnt their role (class) with enough field experience, which in turn gives me the resources to headhunt more rookies on the market that've got the makings for big buck transfers down the line

I'll make it out of amateur league with the right stuff!

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Little updates to Football Stars
3bd2cd91b60271128b6ab11a9f2ecf80bc79ff0f.jpg

While the expansion was tested a lot, when there are a lot of new players with different play styles and PC configurations, we find new bugs and problems. So we have spent the week after release fully in fixing the bugs and issues.

If you see a little update for a few megabytes, it's usually a bug fix. I don't write the list of changes every time to not spam your news feed with 1-2 strings of the information that some crashes are fixed.

Additionally to fixing bugs, we were doing some polishing. So, here's the list of changes we made for the last week:

Balance changes
  • Reduced slightly the foul probability in the penalty zone.
  • Slightly reduced the chances of the injury.
  • Slightly reduced the chances of Aggressive tackle to injury the opponent.
  • When a footballer Holds the ball, the chances of injury are decreased by 30% (used to be 20%).
  • Slightly rebalances the weights in giving red and yellow cards.
  • Now, after successful qualification match in the Prestige Cup, the number of new fans for getting in the team of the round is significantly reduced.
  • It appeared that the tournament payments were too big (I mistakenly left the old balance from the testing period). All the payments for the top places in the leagues and promotion in the cup tournaments are decreased. Other payments (like sponsors or Glory etc) are left without changes.

Interface
  • Increased the size of the squares with the skill potential.
  • Added the possibility to see the final attributes after the footballer levelled up in the New Level screen.
  • Now, in the team of the round, we highlight also the footballers of your team in the list where there is information about what actions the footballers did.
  • If there are payments planned to the next transfer window (for the footballers who you've got only the half of the payment), you will be able to see that info in the Economics screen.
  • Added the shadows to the names of the penalty performer and goalkeeper. It's important if the penalty is performed at snowy weather.
  • Now you can see what second skills you can learn for your universal class by clicking on the second skill button. Earlier, you should have waited until the first skill is learned.

Bugs fixed
  • In the long lists, the scrolls didn't work properly.
  • If in the footballer's profile the number is deleted and the Esc is pressed, the game crashed.
  • Sometimes, after the goal scored, you could see a black & white texture blinking on the celebration animation.
  • In some situations, after the AI changed the formation, the goal kick was performed not by the goalkeeper, but by a footballer in the centre of the pitch.
  • In some rare situations, AI might have place a footballer on the wing in the tile with another footballer.
  • Dragging a team in the Leagues Editor made the list scroll even if the player didn't want.
  • There was a possibility to send the scout too late before the transfer window ends.
  • In the substitutions screen, on the Specialization tab, all the footballers had 4 arrows (which tell how much XP they earn). Now, the number of arrows will be correct.
  • Sometimes, the AI clubs from the lower leagues might have bought very expensive footballers from the top clubs.
  • After losing in a cup or after promoting to the next stage, there is an animation. However, the match result window stayed on top of this animation.
  • In the Iron Manager mode, the starting applause started playing before the match has been starting.
  • Fixed many crashes which we either too rare or are exclusive to some players who played in an unexpected manner.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Football Stars improvements
1f74a598faea2874bc20da3f8501b3f3667b09c2.jpg

Thanks to everyone who continued to leave feedback, who wrote reviews, sent us bug reports, wrote on the forum about problems and also supported us. It helped us to continue improving the game. Today, we have released another update.

Quality of life improvements
  • Now, in the Watch mode, the AI does not change the formation and does not perform substitutions, except for injuries during which the player did not make the substitutions himself.
  • Now, the calendar shows when the transfer window is open.
  • The colours of the skill potential have been improved so that it is easier to distinguish them for colour blind people. In addition to colour, dotted lines have been added to the left and right on yellow squares, above and below - on the red ones.

Balanse
  • The mechanics of calculating the probability of injury has been improved. Globally, injuries should now occur less frequently.
  • AI will now avoid using Aggressive Tackle if the chance of tackling the ball is 30% or less.
  • Now, if the AI team has red cards, the footballers will less likely use Aggressive Tackle.
  • The probability of a violation in the penalty area is slightly reduced.

Fixed bugs
  • In some special cases, if you plan to substitute a footballer who later received a red card, the substitution would still take place.
  • In the League Editor, after renaming and dragging a team to the top of the list, the list was scrolling down by itself.
  • Statistics item The longest Injury did not include injuries of the current season.
  • In the Hot Seat mode, statistics of actions in different zones of the field were not shown.
  • Fixed rare crashes that could occur in the match and in the League Editor.

Additional
  • Slightly decreased the speed of the ball when scoring a penalty.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Fixing injuries in Football Stars
8454142ca9d32a0c74a712add6706f3a2bb8e91b.jpg

In the last update, we've made a bug that broke Aggressive Tackling. As a result, AI just couldn't use it correctly because the action was broken.

Now, we have fixed the problem. As a result:
  • AI won't use Aggressive Tackle in some situations (if there's a too low probability of tackling or when its team has the red cards).
  • Fixed the bug which made the Aggressive Tackle to use the Defence attribute wrongly.
  • There are some additional improvements to the injuries generation mechanics which should improve the overall balance both for those who simulate matches and those who play the matches. Also, we took care that the probabilities worked consistently for different lengths of the matches.
  • Fixed the crash which happened when you opened the footballer's profile from the Sponsors screen.
  • Fixed the crashed which happened when simulating and playing the matches.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Can you change the number of turns a game takes now?

When I played it a couple of years ago, you chose it once at the start and where stuck with it. Very annoying.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

When I played it a couple of years ago, you chose it once at the start and where stuck with it. Very annoying.
I suppose it's the same it was then, you choose between the default 48 turns, 60 and 90 at the start of the career and that's that

I think the game is balanced differently depending on what you choose to account for the difference having more turns in a match makes, so switching mid-career would screw with what effort has gone into balancing the game

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

I suppose it's the same it was then, you choose between the default 48 turns, 60 and 90 at the start of the career and that's that

I think the game is balanced differently depending on what you choose to account for the difference having more turns in a match makes, so switching mid-career would screw with what effort has gone into balancing the game
Having to play 90 turns against teams you don't have a chance against -like after promotion- is frustrating and sucks, but shorter games aren't very engaging. Oh well, thanks for the answer.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

Having to play 90 turns against teams you don't have a chance against -like after promotion- is frustrating and sucks, but shorter games aren't very engaging. Oh well, thanks for the answer.
maybe play with the "expected RNG" that tilts the RNG in your favour? it's the RNG the game's very first new game defaults to without giving player a choice in the matter and I got promoted all 2 seasons I played on it with my team of 30-somethings before it dawned on me something was funky with it and that I shouldn't be manhandling third league teams with a team of geriatrics - the game is still fun, it just doesn't fuck you truly

with default RNG the pain is absolutely real, though, and the game demands you to set yourself up for success before you get anywhere

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The concept of the game has enormous potential, unfortunately the scope in FTG is too small to be anything more than couple hours of fun and never touching it again as you saw all it can offer.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
The saving process became almost instant
ea3be6daacb8f2440e4743ad45b09c3c079364cf.jpg

When we implemented a huge amount of statistics, we tried to organize the data in such a way as to minimize the duration of the saving.

But it seems that our efforts were insufficient. After a lot of seasons (especially in the Iron Manager mode), on some computers, the saving process was taking too long.

Over the past two weeks, we have been looking hard for how we can fix this problem. As a result, our programmer Anton made a miracle and ensured that the saving process takes so little time that it is almost imperceptible. We tested 30-seasons-campaigns and it took about 1-2 seconds to save.

List of the improvements
  • The save system has been remade. The saving process takes little time regardless of the number of seasons played.
  • Now, if the goalkeeper makes an unsuccessful tackle, it will always lead to a penalty (previously, there was a chance that there would be no penalty).
  • Slightly reduced the likelihood of a foul during an unsuccessful tackle in the penalty area by classes other than the goalkeeper.
  • Fixed a bug due to which the achievement '5 stars' did not always work.
  • Fixed a bug, when during free kicks or when kick-off, it was sometimes impossible to unselect a footballer he performed the action.
  • Fixed a bug when the opposing team saved a red card received in the match the player has left.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Patch 3.1.3
On Monday night (December 07, 2020) we released a small patch:

• Fixed the problem with corrupting the modifications. Now they don't get broken. If you still have problems with mods, delete the problematic mod in C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Creoteam\Football Tactics\workshop.
  • Fixed duplication of your footballers which left the club in the statistics.
  • Fixed rare situations in which an unsuccessful tackle by a goalkeeper did not lead to a foul.
  • If a footballer is very important for the club, but you have already paid Glory once to find out his value, you will not have to pay for viewing the value the second time.
  • Fixed rare crashes when viewing other countries.
  • Removed the information about transfer window in the calendar in the hot seat mode, where it did not make sense.

Have fun!

Interview about Football, Tactics & Glory and our future plans
fd0e8db0ae2165019acc82305bb63e32e493d40f.jpg

I was recently interviewed by the Italian gaming site IlVideogioco.com. The editor made a great decision by releasing not only the Italian but also the English version of the interview. So more players can learn a little more about Creoteam, FTG, and our future plans.

You can read the interview there.

Just curious if something from our vision shared in the interview correlates with what you expect from the game. Write in the commentaries.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Winter update for Football Stars
7694a59745a5d4f5913c3841efa79f89b63e59c3.jpg

In parallel with thinking about whether we should make more extensions for Football, Tactics & Glory, we have been working on an update that should please everyone who plays Football Stars.

We've compiled a list of small to medium player requests and selected the most noticeable improvements we can make from it. And while nothing fundamentally changes in the game, we made quite a few notable changes. So the overall game will become more comfortable and better.

Quality of life improvements
  • Now you can sort the list of footballers on the Contracts screen.
  • Added colour coding for young and old footballers. Now, the age of young footballers (who can gain experience from a youth coach) is greenish, and the age of footballers who are 33+ years old is reddish.
  • For universal classes, added the ability to click on the second skill slot (with a lock) and see what other skills they can learn.
  • Slowed down the animation of circles when performing crossing.
  • Added new animation speeds in the match (1.25, 1.75, 2.5, 3).
  • If a partner was on the tile where you should click to perform crossing, by default the Lofted Pass was selected. Now, the default will be Crossing.
  • During the penalty kick animation, the Substitution button will be available, so you can make the substitution before the penalty kick is taken.
  • Added a weather icon to the Opponent's screen. Now, building tactics for the next match, you can easily understand what the weather will be like.
  • In the Hot-Seat tournament, the weather icon has been made brighter, because unlike the single-player campaign, there is no message about the weather, and you can forget about it.
  • When setting up groups in the Hot-Seat tournament, the distances between the groups have been slightly reduced so that they all fit on the screen.
  • The names of the featured footballers and their numbers are now shown on the pre-match screen.
  • Improved cancellation of scheduled replacement. Now, if you click on the footballer who participates in this substitution, the Cancel button will appear at the bottom.
  • If the team has a footballer with a contract which is going to end, then at the end of the transfer window a window will appear that warns you about this.
  • During situations where you can press any button (for example, celebration animations), the F12 hotkey (Steam screenshot) is excluded from the 'any button'.
  • On the Tables screen, tilt of the controller stick now affects scrolling less dramatically.

Balance
  • Now, when obtaining a new specialization level, the remaining specialization XP points do not disappear.
  • Red cards will no longer be awarded during tackles from the front.
  • Slightly reduced the likelihood of violations in the penalty area.
  • Slightly reduced the chance of injury for some cases.
  • Significantly reduced the chance of injury for the Easy difficulty mode.
  • Earlier, the winners of the National Cup in the top countries would definitely get into the group stage of the EFA / AFA / AOFA Cup. These clubs will now qualify for the EFA / AFA / AOFA Cup qualifiers.
  • The draw for the Prestige Cup and the National Cup has been improved. Now in each round, all clubs are divided into two lists: the top one and the bottom one, according to their position in the league. Pairs consist of a random team from the top list and a random team from the bottom list. It used to be similar, but the pairs were not random. For each place in the bottom list there was a corresponding team in the top list.
  • In Sandbox mode in other countries, the strength of the teams from modifications was not used. Because of this, it was difficult to create your own 'balanced' set of leagues. From now, the strength of the teams from modifications will be used.
  • Now, when buying a footballer without a class, his specialization experience is not reset.

Match mechanics and AI
  • The talent Throw in has been improved. Now, instead of Passing attribute, it uses the value of 100. This will make the talent more effective.
  • Footballers now gain specialization XP when taking penalties: +5 for success, +2 for failure. If the attacker misses the goal, then the goalkeeper earns +1.
  • Earlier, if a foul was committed on my footballer, my footballer received +2 specialization XP, but it would be more logical to have +5. Now he gets +5 spec. XP.
  • Previously, footballers did not earn specialization XP for struggle during corners. Now the footballer gets +3 for the victory, and +1 point for the defeat.
  • Previously, if the goalkeeper caught the ball, the footballers moved back to random squares. Now, the wing forwards will try to retreat to the side of their wing, and the centre forwards - to the central zone.
  • A wing forward under pressure could still perform a Flank Break. Now, he can't.
  • If a footballer started his turn while under pressure, he will no longer be able to perform the Hold action (same for AI).
  • Fixed incorrect AI behaviour when their goalkeeper is booked. The AI will now make more intelligent substitutions.
  • In some cases, when the AI goalkeeper was holding the ball, he did not pass it. Instead, another team player moved. Fixed.
  • Now, the game more logically chooses the direction of the goalkeeper's jump when he kicks the ball to the corner.
  • If the goalkeeper does not stand in the goal before the start of the free kick, the game will put him in the goal.
  • If the goalkeeper stands in the penalty area (but not in the goal) before the start of the opponent turn, at the beginning of the turn he will move into the goal.

Statistics
On the Achievements - Trends screen, new charts have been added (in already started campaigns, data for these charts will be collected from the new season):
  • The 'Footballers' graph will show the number, average level and average age of your footballers at the end of each season.
  • The 'Cost' graph will show information about the cost of your squad at the end of each season.
  • The 'Injury' graph will now show the duration of all your players' injuries this season.
Other improvements:
  • On the Champions screen, in the tournament statistics, the top 3 footballers were shown among the best footballers, and not the top 1, which caused the Champions' box to increase greatly. Also, there the data was shown for the third place, and not for the first one, because of which the data might not coincide with other screens.

Additional improvements
  • Reworked saving photos. The game now uses Steam functionality. When you click the Save button, Steam saves the photo to your Steam screenshot folder. After exiting the game, Steam will offer to upload the screenshot. Why are we using a separate 'Save' button instead of having you take a screenshot with F12? Because when you press F12, the game interface will be visible on the screenshot (unnecessary buttons). And when you click 'Save' we save the picture without unnecessary interface elements.
  • Added the ability to select Reduced RNG for Hot-Seat single match and Hot-Seat tournaments.
  • A savepoint has been added at the beginning of the transfer window.
  • Slightly improved the logic of young footballers appearing at other clubs.
  • Now the list of Romanian names consists of 43 thousand names instead of 1 thousand.
  • While viewing and watching a match, the game will block the computer from going to the screensaver mode.
  • When a team advances to the next round of the cup, joyous music will now play.
  • In the Steam Cloud settings we have changed the available storage space. Now there should be no situation that the game does not save progress, since the Steam Cloud is full.
  • Slightly reduced font in the hints for Asian languages, as sometimes information did not fit there.

Fixed bugs
  • Fixed incorrect accrual of experience for the top 3 footballers of the match. They were given extra experience.
  • Fixed incorrect accrual of experience in one of the EFA rounds (the same amount was awarded as in the European Cup) [applies to all continents, not only Europe].
  • In some cases, in continental tournaments, after the group stage, the winner of the group faced the team that took second place in the same group. Now always the first place from one group will play against the second place from the other group.
  • Sometimes, the game didn't understand correctly, that in the penalty shootout there's already a winner. Now, the game will better identify these situations.
  • If a goal was scored from a free kick, the assist was assigned to the footballer who passed the ball to the one who was fouled.
  • In easy mode, saving did not occur after the player added additional Money and Glory to himself.
  • When changing the face, name or number of a retired footballer, these data were not saved.
  • Now, if there are 11 footballers in a team, it will not be possible to sell a footballer upon request from another club.
  • Sometimes a request to sell a footballer came after the end of the transfer window.
  • Fixed a bug where it was possible to ask the club many times about the cost of a footballer, and the cost in Glory increased infinitely.
  • On the pre-match screen, players' arms were sometimes cut off during warm-up animations.
  • In some league configurations, sometimes the third place in the main continental tournament did not make it to the second continental tournament.
  • In full screen and borderless modes, after the match results screen, the cursor jumped to the centre of the screen. Similar behaviour was observed on some other screens. Fixed for all cases.
  • Now, you will not be able to upgrade the skills to the already sold footballers.
  • Rare bugs with substitutions have been fixed.
- - - - - - -
We would like to thank all the players who supported the game, reported problems, suggested options for improving the game, left feedback, and shared their emotions from the game. It is with your support that we continue to improve FTG.

If you were glad to know about any of the improvements, write about it in the comments. I wonder which of the changes was more important to you.

Have fun!

Follow our news
Forum - the main hub for the discussions
Creoteam's page in Steam - subscribe to get news about all FTG news directly in Steam
Discord - good place to discuss the game
Email subscription - I will send all the news to your email

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
FTG is translated to Hungarian
9a0995110858ba21238afc50117cc15d862f7867.jpg

Our publisher Toplitz Production has translated the basic version of the game into Hungarian. So now players from Hungary can get to know our game
cannonshot

Unfortunately, the publisher did not translate the expansion Football Stars, and we do not have the ability to do so. Therefore, if any of the players want to help us with the translation of Football Stars, write to me at kos @ creoteam. com

Those who help us with translation will receive the following:
- your name in the game's credits
- a free game key

Enjoy the game, friends from Hungary!
nationalcup

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Little Update to the Lunar New Year
Recently, we have released a big update that fixed many bugs and improved usability. However, there are still a few notable problems in the game which we wanted to fix.

Improvements
  • Team pairs will now be matched in a new way in the qualifying rounds of continental tournaments. The teams are divided into two baskets according to their strength. A random team from a stronger basket will play against a random team from a weaker basket. This will lead to more interesting qualifying pairs and more interesting dynamics in the ranking of countries.
  • Previously, teams have sought to keep more goalkeepers 'just in case'. Now they will be more inclined to get rid of extra goalkeepers.
  • Improved the logic behind appearing footballers from the Youth Academies in the AI teams. Now, there will be fewer situations when there are many footballers of the same class in a team.

Fixed bugs
  • In the last update, we made the goalkeeper automatically return to the goal if he is in the penalty area at the beginning of an enemy turn. It didn't always work. We made it always work :)
  • If your team is completely full, then a footballer from a youth academy went on transfers as a free agent. When opening his career screen, the game crashed. Fixed.
  • AI still sometimes could not position the goalkeeper correctly during the substitution. Fixed these situations.
  • Fixed crashes after a match in a Hot Seat tournament.
  • Very rare crashes after the statistics screens at the end of the season have been fixed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom