Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For anyone who's ever wanted to, but...

Data4

Arcane
...didn't feel like it before, WOW is going F2P up to level 20, Burning Crusade content included. Now instead of a few thousand asshats running around Goldshire, it's going to be over... *bites pinky tip* ONE MILLION.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Huh? I reached lvl 20 in 6-7 days of the 14 day trial. Don't see how F2P up to lvl 20 would interest anyone *shrug*

Fens

Ford of the Llies
gold is limited, you can't open a group to quest and some other moronic limitations apply for f2p...

oh and it still is WoW, a game where people were genuinely irritated by me offering to help them with quests just for fun (while exploring the trial) and not screaming abuse at them for not being able to find the fifth llama's testicle or whatever the quest was they were on.

Exmit

Scholar
Fens said:
oh and it still is WoW, a game where people were genuinely irritated by me offering to help them with quests just for fun (while exploring the trial) and not screaming abuse at them for not being able to find the fifth llama's testicle or whatever the quest was they were on.

If someone plays a game for first time and want to explore everything by himself he does not need help unless he asks for it.

racofer

Thread Incliner
With the amount of WoW players they have, Blizzard could go full F2P and insert a few ads in the loading screens and probably make just as much money, specially considering the huge amount of people that would start playing the game because it's now free.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
i've read speculations about WoW being gradually prepared for full f2p... but why would they do that, if they can take 15 bucks a month and still sell sparkly horses for 25

Exmit said:
Fens said:

If someone plays a game for first time and want to explore everything by himself he does not need help unless he asks for it.
i wouldn't have offered to help, if everything had seemed to be going well... and i was on a trial, they were already paying for that pixelhunt (couldn't have quested together otherwise)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Fens said:
i've read speculations about WoW being gradually prepared for full f2p... but why would they do that, if they can take 15 bucks a month and still sell sparkly horses for 25
Cause eventually the population is going to drop to a point where going F2P will be more profitable. I'm predicting late 2012 / early 2013 for wow F2P.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom