Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forspoken - action-RPG from Square Enix with cringe protagonist

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Forspoken follows the journey of Frey, a young New Yorker transported to the beautiful and cruel land of Athia. In search of a way home, Frey must use her newfound magical abilities to traverse sprawling landscapes and battle monstrous creatures.
So, it's like a modern The Longest Journey?
It's like Nox if you play as Wizard or Conjurer.

Also: Frey is a male god, Freya is the name of the female goddess.

scytheavatar

Scholar
I gave the demo a spin. Wasn't very impressed. The main character seems to be a potty-mouthed brat and the gameplay wasn't particularly fun or challenging. Graphics wise the game looks ok but is terribly generic when compared to the amazing art design of Elden Ring.

Not sure who the target audience for this is and not sure why they released a demo as I can see a lot of preorders being cancelled after playing this.

Idiots in Square Enix were convinced by Amy Hennig And Gary Whitta that this is the kind of shit that the Western audiences want. Combined this with the amazing gameplay of FFXV and you should have a winner of a game, correct?

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
Sorry duder, but their are too many of these in the world for it to be a failure.
4ba

Codex Year of the Donut
Sorry duder, but their are too many of these in the world for it to be a failure.
All these games with non-traditional protagonists, grrrl powa, effeminate males etc., have performed poorly. Even the ones that are considered to be commercial successes e.g., the Horizon games didn't do anywhere near as well as games with similar team sizes/budgets like God of War or Spiderman.

Just look how little fanfare the horizon zero dawn sequel got, and that's basically the biggest grrrl powa game they can point to. Does anyone even remember anything about that other than the photoshops of her being fat?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Also, did you know that fancy nails are a pre-order bonus? For what looks like a third person experience? I swear, current generation AAA devs are something else.

645654645645.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game can fuck off.

It's every SJW, feminist woke talking point of CURRENT_YEAR made into a game.

And if that is not enough, gameplay looks shit too. Looks like a Japanese take on the open world UBIsoft formula.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The sad thing is that this game is made by a Japanese dev.

Square Enix in trying being global company pretty much cucked out to western culture. And is destroying their old IP as well.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I imagine these games started development, or were at least in pre-production phase, during the height of BLM insanity.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Japan has no young people to buy games anymore so they have to suck up to Westerners

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey y'all, I'm marginally interested in this game and curious about the "woke factor".

Honest question, can someone briefly summarize indicators that this is part of the woke conspiracy? Short "bullet point" answers that point to evidence are best.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Hey y'all, I'm marginally interested in this game and curious about the "woke factor".

Honest question, can someone briefly summarize indicators that this is part of the woke conspiracy? Short "bullet point" answers that point to evidence are best.

Black stronk wombyn MC

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom