Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forspoken - action-RPG from Square Enix with cringe protagonist

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Why make maps so huge that you need to constantly use speed skills just to move around?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
3070 1440p 30FPS is the Recommended
4080 2160p 60FPS is the Ultra
150gb ssd/nvme

forspoken-specs.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The price for this game was 70€ which is already too much. But Square decided to increase the price to 80€. That's just for the standard edition. Squaresoftpenis executives might want to stop smoking literal shit all the time.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This game is apparently #24 in wishlists on Steam.

More proof that with enough marketing dollars, you can make basically anything popular.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
That means basically nothing. Anyone can wishlist whatever they want on Steam, doesn't mean it will translate into a purchase.

The combination of female chimpanzee protagonist, ridiculous price (for a new, unknown IP) and the complete lack of hype from anywhere on the internet I don't see how this game is going to be a success.

Lambach

Arcane

Is that good?

I don't really have a frame of reference for Steam, so I could be completely off, but that doesn't sound so hot for a game from a major publisher that is being released in a couple of days in this current dry season for PC.

I'm not seeing it hyped much even among the YT corpo shills either.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Steamdb is where I get my stats from when possible.

That means basically nothing. Anyone can wishlist whatever they want on Steam, doesn't mean it will translate into a purchase.

Is that good?

So, it depends. For a new IP with no real concrete premise and no real audience? It's fucking great (probably, I have no idea how much $$$ they spent on this).

Gamedevs factor in wishlists as a measure of how well a game will perform on launch, but this is complicated by the fact that this specific game is taking preorders. It used to be that you convert anywhere from 10-20% of wishlists depending on year released, genre, etc.

What devs won't tell you, is that how many steam "followers" a game has is also a great indicator of future sales. Forspoken has around 70k. Which you can compare to the hypest game on steam RN (apparently), Hogwarts Legacy which has around 300k.

ADL

Prophet
Forgot this was coming out next week. Since I got it for free with my graphics card I'll be playing it.

Skipped around the first hour of gameplay that leaked online and good lord... The writing is atrocious and the main character's delivery is even worse. I'll be playing in JP.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Forgot this was coming out next week. Since I got it for free with my graphics card I'll be playing it.

Skipped around the first hour of gameplay that leaked online and good lord... The writing is atrocious and the main character's delivery is even worse. I'll be playing in JP.

Now even the Japanese are making games about insane menopausal women

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom