Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forspoken - action-RPG from Square Enix with cringe protagonist

Monk

Arcane

just

Liturgist
would play if the protag was a black male from ny and instead of those "alright", "we got this", "heeell yeaah"
he'd shittalk like you're supposed to
at least it would be funny
now it's a hard pass

Falksi

Arcane
Oh look, it's another one of those RPGs where to win I have to bash buttons.

I can't wait for the sequel to this RPG and its classic RPG inspiration, Track And Field 2.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Beyond the woke aspect, the only thing I get from this is randomness - it feels totally directionless.

cruel

Cipher
Demo available on PS5. I made the mistake of downloading it (30GB or so), probably because I'm sick and can't think straight.

It's as bad as you would expert. The game looks good (but not great), and everything else is shit tier: annoying protagonist (no surprise here), horrible writing, MMO-tier combat, bland and empty world, crappy UI. Expecting a big flop here for Square.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
Fink.jpg

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
-It plays like Infamous. It takes a decent premise (magic-based superhero) and implements it in the most boring way possible (Magic = guns).
-World environment looks like Unity store assets.
-Enemies consist of zombies and ghosts.
-I never understood what my health bar was, when I was taking damage, or seemed in danger.
-Very odd fish-eye effect on the menu screens, needlessly distracting.
-Equipment slots consist of cape, wrist, and... nail polish (really). What's next, hair weaves?
-No meaningful ammo/resource costs from what I could see, just cooldowns.

If you want a cool mage-shooter, play Lichdom.

Codex Year of the Donut
Whoever started this trend of making every character in media a quippy, wisecracking wannabe-comedian deserves to get shot in the liver. (in Minecraft)
Gamedevs are terminally addicted to Twitter, everything they make resembles Twitter.
Don't be surprised if you start seeing Elon musk evil boss inserts.

DemonKing

Arcane
I gave the demo a spin. Wasn't very impressed. The main character seems to be a potty-mouthed brat and the gameplay wasn't particularly fun or challenging. Graphics wise the game looks ok but is terribly generic when compared to the amazing art design of Elden Ring.

Not sure who the target audience for this is and not sure why they released a demo as I can see a lot of preorders being cancelled after playing this.

Robotigan

Learned
It honestly looks like a project that was on the ropes before they hurriedly cobbled together enough assets from other projects to ship something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom