Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forum game-- Typical Codex Thread

Data4

Arcane
I'm bored. Humor me.

In this thread, we see how well we know our fellow Codexers by posting the type of comment another Codexer would say in response to an innocent question. The idea isn't to make up actual post content, rather describe the type of thing a particular Codexer would say.

I'll kick it off with the first post and a follow up to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Random Codexer asks about X game.

Data4

Arcane
4 year old handle with extremely low post count mentions he likes the game, with no supporting reasons.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some oldfag makes a thread in GD which is worse than 2012 newfags ever did.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Somebody (usually an oldfag) dumps a lot of information and irrelevant powergaming tips about the game just to show how much of an expert he is.

"lol if you go there and do this thing that you would never figure by yourself on your first playthrough it really breaks the game, seriously this shit is too easy."

Data4

Arcane
Thread starter declares no one is any fun. Topic suddenly changes to a 4 page long dissertation of newtonian physics and their role in space sims.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
someone replied anything with stats = rpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom