Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forums are up...

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Actually, I must apologize. I was off by 1.40%.

Our top 10 res stats for December :

1. 1920x1080 16.03%
2. 1366x768 11.67%
3. 1680x1050 11.57%
4. 1280x1024 11.17%
5. 1440x900 7.54%
6. 1280x800 6.98%
7. 1024x768 6.40%
8. 1600x900 4.45%
9. 1920x1200 4.19%
10. 320x480 2.02%

Standard my ass.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I generally like you mondblut, but please stop the fucking retardation ITT. I'm reading the new 'dex on a fucking netbook with a screen the size of a fucking cellphone. It reads just fine.

crufty

Arcane
nice job overall on rpgcodex style

i like the pick your own avatar i am surprised nobody has done a penis head yet

just a matter of time i suppose.

rgpcodex thread browsing is a little dodgy; thread preview has a transparent background, maybe the avatar and preview styles could have something to distinguish them from the rest

the forum bar blends in with the main menu

I didn't mind the balloon style buttons for pages

fluid masochist wasn't bad but the white on yellow was daggers to the eyes so rpgcodex it is for now.

assuming staff is well aware of rpgcodex style stuff so no rush...this is on safari (proper)

Muro

Educated
Yea, of course, I could just squeeze the fixed width to work on 1024... but that'd be really pretty small.
desocupado's suggestion wasn't fixing the width at 1024 but making it a fluid one with an upper cap at 1280. That way all parties could be satisfied with a single style.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Might be just me but I like Fluid in a 1920 24" monitor, might just be I just don't like having "dead" spaces in my screen, though I guess It's just a matter of getting used to it, will try the fixed width to see if I can see the advantages.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You guys could just sit farther from the monitor so it isn't filling your entire visual field. Reading is hardly the only thing that makes having too wide a field too look at awkward. You miss a lot of shit in games and movies if the edges of the screen are too far into your periphery.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Relax Racofer, Modders will fix it.

i like the pick your own avatar

General Sherman right?
There's a girl in this city I know. Her family name is Lee. She may be a descendant of General Lee.
Actually, when I think about it, Beijing has lots of Lee's.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Ok, why is there a big square next to the first post of each page? Aren't the ads a bit too aggressive?

That Lee stuff made me laugh, by the way.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
OK when I type in the response box it turns white with gray letters. As you can guess this is a little irritating.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The ads are there because we put them there. Bills don't pay themselves, no matter how much wishful thinking is involved.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
Yes but they cover the bloody text. (*EDIT* after a second look, the text is probably not covered, I got that impression because the ad covered the quote balloon so that it appeared "cut" and not just moved to the right.)

Anyway, I don't know whether it has been pointed out already but the "jump to page" buttons for the threads listed in the forum and subforums' (not inside the threads proper) have a poorly visible page number, light number on light background.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The ads are there because we put them there. Bills don't pay themselves, no matter how much wishful thinking is involved.

OK is this a patron thing? I still think my $20 should have lasted for at least another year. Also like samov said the ads cover the posts (of course that could because of noscript).

More importantly what is with the reply box turning white when I type.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Better?

We'll reinstate the patrons as soon as possible, no worries about that. We can only do so much at once though, so please be patient for a while longer. This conversion is a massive undertaking and most of it falls squarely on DU's shoulders so keep that in mind. I only jump in when and where I can.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So ads are going to be in the actually posts from now on? Bastards.

I'll wait to make sure this is really going to happen then maybe donate again to have them removed.

Bastards.

edit: Shut up garren.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
8URAs.png

And I though my nextgen sig was obnoxious, well played!:salute:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
You can get rid of the Internets, there's an X in the top right corner if you mouse over.

See, it's like Christmas all over again.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why am I "Barely Literate"?

And my username doesn't fit. :(

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I think that's a question you should be asking your teacher.

There's too many Es in everything these days, isn't there?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom