Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Forums are up...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DarkUnderlord, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Large widescreen monitors. For the odd occasion that someone actually bothers to write more than a single sentence on the same line.

Ideally, you'd have a mix of both. Scale for resolutions above the minimum (1024x), 100% for resolution below it.

^ Top  
  2. damicore Augur

damicore
    Oh come on codex, are you going to keep the glow in the links?
    If it's possible it should be removed, I think everybody would agree that looks like shit.

^ Top  
  3. SoupNazi rial billionaire Patron

SoupNazi
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands
    When I pick the fluid option the fucking text box stretches so far I have to turn my head to read when somebody posts more than a one-liner. While Codexers are known for their retarded one-liners, of course, occasionally I want to read a nice wall of text, too. And for that to happen I need to have nice, comfy paragraphs, not a single line that stretches out along the sides of my 24" Samsung.

^ Top  
  4. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Why the new Codex design sucks:
    1. The design is ugly compared to the old one. The previous had a nice background and it was easy to read. Now we have white background in the "standard" design which is too fucking bright and the Temp Codex design is just horrible, especially since all the text is restricted to the middle of the screen (seriously wtf).
    2. Avatars need to be EXACTLY ONE SIZE and they're all square. If people have no avatar, there's a question mark displayed, which is annoying. User titles aren't in the "Codex font" either and don't have colors, so it's harder to spot newfags.
    3. You have to hover over a thread title to see how many pages it has, before you could see them automatically.

:decline:

^ Top  
  5. Claw Erudite Patron

Claw
    Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    So the Codex is actually being officially reopened?

I'd prefer to keep the current front page up and continue the Codex as a secret society.

^ Top  
  6. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    Oh, ffs, Jarl. Quit being so German.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Claw Erudite Patron

Claw
    Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Try being more German, Crispy.

^ Top  
  8. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    Just FYI - as long as the front page says we're not here, it means anything / everything else is still pretty much "under construction" and likely to change drastically at any time.

And the fact we're still in third place for internets is abysmal. I should shut the whole place down until we win all the internets. There are 200 people online right now. What is this? We should easily have broken 10k internets in a day - clearly a lot of the guests are holding out.

^ Top  
  9. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    Reset all my Brofists and I'm /quitting forever

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. St. Toxic Arcane

St. Toxic

Looks great. Now make all the boxes square, get rid of the faggy link-buttons, turn off all the pop-up shit, disable quick posting, get rid of the page-hide-secret crap, put the names and titles back over the avatars, disable smileys in the post-boxes and replace them with :commands: and reintroduce multi-quote. Oh, and it is "Quote", not "Reply".

Well naturally. They don't even know how to pull out of their mothers before they shoot.

^ Top  
  11. ChristofferC Magister

ChristofferC
    I removed that space wasting banner with yarip. :smug:

^ Top  
  12. 1451 Seeker In My Safe Space

I offer internets every day like a proper metic.

^ Top  
  13. gromit Arcane

gromit
    (css moved to next page)

^ Top  
  14. pipka Savant

pipka
    The message is not offensive enough. Something like "Have you given internets today "Enter your name here"? Why not? Are you gay? Bla bla bla" should work. And some really aggressive colour is mandatory (warm reddish/ acidic).

Blocked "internetometer.com" with RequestPolicy.

^ Top  
  15. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    :thumbsup:
    I have this:
    But I rather read down than from the far left to the far right. The browser's always windowed anyway. Fixed width was just a little too wide to be comfortable. Fluid adapts to any width I like. I still don't see any disadvantages...

^ Top  
  16. 黄小马 Learned

黄小马
    Fluid looks much better indeed. Should be Codex's default.

^ Top  
  17. Antagonist Liturgist

Antagonist
    What the... I know that whole sentence reading can be trained but either your field of vision is that of a chameleon or your browser window has already been shrank to a size where fixed width doesn't matter anyway (unless it doesn't scale to smaller sizes).

Try maximizing your browser window on >= 24" widescreen monitors and find a topic post which contains several paragraphs worth of text (most of Black Cat's game discussions should be suitable). Suddenly you have single text lines which are longer than your forearm which is simply tedious to read as you have to move your head/eyes at an increased rate plus it becomes harder to find the next line of text if you lost sight of the beginning. Somehow I can't persuade my eyes to work like a type writer (first move one line down, then follow the text to the start of the line).

Since the forum software now caters to both preferences there's really little reason to bitch though.

^ Top  
  18. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Blade Runner quotes - in MY codex? :incline: That message is lying, btw. I already gave internets today.

^ Top  
  19. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    I give internets whenever I can. I even reset my router to give internets again, i'm such a patriot. : x

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    DarkUnderlord, 10 years from now:

On a side note, I give the Codex an internet whenever I change my IP, which happens about once a week. Plus, I gave internets at work using both our networks over there, and through 3 of my friends's computers. Thinking about it, I've probably given the Codex around 50 internets so far this year.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. Stella Brando Arcane

Stella Brando
    voices in my head what is this I don't even tortoises dark underloard dug too greedily and too deep somebody help me my mind is going the voices the voices

^ Top  
  22. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    By the way, isn't this one Codex 3.0? I knew the Disco Inferno and the Non-Scalling one, we had others before?

^ Top  
  23. Marobug Newbie

Marobug
    HARR FUCK FINALLY I WAS GETTING TIRED OF THE WATCHAND THEIR FUCKING LAME no caps LIMITATION.

^ Top  
  24. zerotol Arcane Patron

zerotol
    Some of the avatars look pretty bad because they are much bigger now.

Muad'Dib has looked better

^ Top  
  25. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    Oh joy, no more clouds.
    It feels more and more as the old Codex by the minute.:love:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.