Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forums are up...

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Nothing like that in Opera 11.60 (Windows XP).

EG

Nullified
Nothing like that in Opera 11.60 (Windows XP).
It is because I'm zooming in on Firefox. A portion of the line does not change size in same proportion as the other.

Sorry guys.

EG

Nullified
When I zoom in in Opera, everything's fine and nothing like that appears :smug:

I dislike you, Pig. You and your willy-nilly support for Opera.

Maybe I'll go . . . get myself a copy. Just to. Just to see.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Zooming works fine in Firefox if you check the "Zoom text only" under View->Zoom.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
qBlET.png

Can you see that? No, really -- astigmatism, myopia, and nystagmus may be fucking with me. Or maybe it's the lack of sleep.

What does it want?

Who does it want?

Where did it come from?
That's because technically, in order to get that line between the post area and the avatar area go all the way down, there is a line on the right side of the avatar area and another line on the left side of the message area. That way, regardless of which one ends up larger, the line always goes all the way down. To avoid that in normal view, the avatar area is a float and the message area is given a width 1 px less, putting its border directly over the other border to avoid the double line.

However, as with all CSS, your browsers ability to render it properly / improperly / however the fuck it's meant to actually look, will vary.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Low" resolution (1024x768) in the main page of the forums makes that page unwieldy.

This is because of both the borders eating 10% of the space, the "who is online & ego stroking" floater taking even more, and the poor "Latest" windows being squashed into pointlessness not to mention always having the "Latest:" prefix, like tits on a boar /which is a funny expression since boars are mammals and need tits.

Also, because of (i assume) the borders again, some names designed for the old codex are broken into two lines, even if a single word.

But, uh, i notice you must have noticed that too, unless that is dependent on resolution or something.

tindrli

Arcane
Am i the only retard who whine about missing news section along with last posts from all mayor forum sections on the upper right corner??

Truly we need that service ASAP!!!!

Mayday

Augur
Okay, just making sure: is the issue of the "post image" popup loading very slowly common? If so, are you talented guys going to work on it?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
it loads slowly here, it's kind of annoying because it's a lot harder to actually use the IMG tags now(if I'm not fucking up, or my current browser isn't), and it can get impractical

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Just one question. When do you plan to replace the front page?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The front page, the one that says "The Codex is currently in a state of flux. Please bear with us as we continue to upgrade."
Maybe home page, index page or other names are better suited, however you know what I'm talking about.

Just one question. When do you plan to replace the front page?
We plan to replace the front page?
I don't know. Do you?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hmm... That's a much better front page than the one we have. I may have to take ours offline until we steal all their features.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Front page looks pretty good
:bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom