Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FPS multiplayer games are about to be broken

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
What's the problem with playing with an AI?

fork

I'm not sure what the question is exactly, but bots in all FPSs, even modded bots, are bad as shit and not worth playing.
I'm sorry if that's not what you meant. In that case, please enlighten me.

alighieri

Educated
I couldn't care less. The death of dedicated servers were the death of multiplayer FPS.

fork

I couldn't care less. The death of dedicated servers were the death of multiplayer FPS.

Well, there still are dedicated servers in the FPSs which are worth playing.
But your point still stands. Problem is that there also are no new good FPSs. So who cares about dedicated servers...

Ezekiel

Arcane

I'm not sure what the question is exactly, but bots in all FPSs, even modded bots, are bad as shit and not worth playing.
I'm sorry if that's not what you meant. In that case, please enlighten me.
I still enjoy good single player shooters, but I have to agree. Dominating AI never gives me the rush dominating people does (on the rare occasions that I am that lucky, when the kills are close together and unbroken). They are too predictable and too limited in their approaches.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

I don't know what kind of shit you've played when it comes to multiplayer shooters
Because since Quake, bots in mp games have been mostly good

As for their purpose, it's pretty simple
Not everyone had reliable internet back in the day, and there's not a whole lot of people playing Jedi Academy these days
Bots fix both those issues

fork

Quake 3.

I completed everything on nightmare, and there were bots you could download which had at least some understanding of item timing. They were all complete shit.
I was really kinda good at the game back then. I trained with some people of top clans and beat some women quakecon champion 10 - 3 or something on hub3aeroq3. I still have the demo. And of course more impressive demos against people nobody knows, because they're male.

It was my multiplayer game.

Last edited by a moderator:

fork

The best dude I played against (that I know of, most pros were faking most of the time of course) was probably All*Lakerman on q3t4, who competed in multiple tournaments against the greatest, like fatality for example (and even won some). Needless to say I didn't stand a chance, but it was a great time.

fork

And please, should anyone read this who still plays or wants to play Q3 OSP duel again, please send me a pm. While I'm kinda rusty and would probably need a while to reach my former state, I'm not a bad loser and good for hours of training, because Quake 3 is just that good.

Please register and send me a private message. Quake 3 is the single best duel FPS of all time and there's no room for improvement, just like there's no room for improvement for games like Chess or Go.

fork

I don't know what kind of shit you've played when it comes to multiplayer shooters
Quake 3.

I completed everything on nightmare, and there were bots you could download which had at least some understanding of item timing. They were all complete shit.

What I'm saying here is that I beat all these bots something like 30 : -5 or something in a 10 minute duel, nightmare difficulty, on most maps.

Curratum

Quake 3.

What I'm saying here is that I beat all these bots something like 30 : -5 or something in a 10 minute duel, nightmare difficulty, on most maps.

Please, do upload a demo / video where you beat a regular Quake 3 nightmare bot with 30 to -5. I want to see that.

fork

It's super easy, at least on most maps. The only thing bots are good at is aiming, which is worthless without a weapon.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Quake 3.

Bots in Quake 3 are super easy. You can't substitute a real person with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom