Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress From Zero to Hero - a FM16 LP

Index
I - 1st July 15th
II - 4th July 2015 - Fram Reykjavík
III - 5th July 2015 - Fram Reykjavík
IV - 5th July 2015 - Fram Reykjavík

This LP will consist of screenshots as well as highlight reels of matches uploaded onto Youtube. I'll update this section when I've decided how frequent those will be - likely extended custom length for important games (because they're a bitch to do), goal highlights for the less important ones and a brief recap of how all games go.

Q&A
Q: What software are you using? -~-~-~- A: ShareX for the images and built-in uploader for Youtube highlights.

Q: In before page 3 :troll: -~-~-~- A: Fuck you :rpgcodex:

Last edited:
I

So my path to world domination begins. Recommended setup is something like five nations and only the top couple of leagues; but fuck that, we're rolling out the gate with every single league! That means we could be plying our trade anywhere from Serie C to the Indonesian Liga 3.
wceKqGI.png

There's something about hitting big red buttons that is innately satisfying :smug:
3i4ptKv.png

Alright guys, take an extended rest so get those kettles on, we're going to be here for a hell of a long time :deadtroll:
tgfoTn7.png

Hours later and cobwebs carefully removed, we're ready to leap into the fray with our hero. Forged with bones of adamantium, min-maxxed with the spirit of true RPGs and infused with the essence of troll, The Bro stands ready to abuse some poor sods from the touchline and steal a lot of money.
BMB8n4J.png

With zero relevant qualifications or job experience this could get interesting. How the hell am I meant to get a Work Visa in half of these places? +M
sINSMWT.png

11 hours after sending off my CV, we get our first interview and it's to manage a KFC in the heart of Europe!
KdSBkqS.png

Interviews consist of a few bone questions, mainly their concern that I don't speak the language and have sent out applications to every single club in the world. Every. Last. One. My responses for the former is that it's an easy language to learn, even the Russian clubs, and for the later is for the Chairman to mind his own fucking business - I do what I want, bitch :rpgcodex:
FIrNnrE.png

The rest is haggling about styles of play, how I would be treating the existing staff and if their proposed wage budget and expectations are acceptable to me. I just blast through them, because I've got like 50 fucking interviews all scheduled at 1100.
oxkTSWu.png

I want to know how everyone knows who I am and what I've done, considering I have zero reputation and am applying to clubs that I couldn't even pronounce, much less point to on a map! :rpgcodex:
3ZuWCns.png

It isn't long before I receive another flurry of phone calls. No relevant job experience and I've got a number of clubs battling for me to join - I put it down to the fact that The Bro is a 7 foot monster of a man who doesn't take "no" for an answer :smug:
gs7pIoR.png

Fram Reykjavík are first in line and are the only team with real history, which makes them probably the most appealing to me. They've placed as one of the top two Icelandic teams 35 times in their 107 year history, which seems quite impressive, although they seem to have gone to shit since the 90's.
lqJWGpr.png

Next up is the other European team, FC Caransebeș from Romania. In reality they've been dissolved due to debt +M
CICuxzb.png

Jiangxi Liansheng F.C. also want me. They've recently gone professional and have a very good stadium.
0EYmjXZ.png

The other 7 clubs that I could join today are Angkatan Tentera Malaysia (Malysia--Premier League); PSS Sleman (Indonesia--Premier League); Persik Kediri (Indonesia--Premier League); PS Mojokerto Putra (Indonesia--Premier League); Persibangga Purbalingga (Indonesia--Premier League); Perseka Kaimana (Indonesia--Nuswantara League) and PS Pidie Jaya (Indonesia--Nuswantara League).

I'm going to put the choice of our starter club to the vote, which will start with 1 in favour of Fram as they're my personal choice.

Last edited:
Page 3? Heh, if you are still updating by page 2 I'll be surprised.:troll:
It will, because I want a new challenge. After winning the quintruple with Middlesbrough last season, I need new lands to conquer :smug:

That's one ambitious project! :thumbsup:
Probably my least ambitious LP to date!I think you need some action and depth in yours. It's a bit dry - for example I don't know how you're playing, how your cup runs went or anything regarding individual matches.

If nobody has any strong opinion, I'll start as Fram within the next 24 hours.

Last edited:
II

And so my reign of terror begins! Will any Icelandic bro tell me how many hookers I can hire and how cocaine I can snort on 32k Kronur a week?
xsn8a5R.png

We've joined halfway through the season so will not have the luxury of time to catch up to speed with my players. We will need to be 100%, 100% of the time, because our first game is tomorrow!
EwLO8LN.png

I handle the first press conference with panache and balls. The journalists kept asking loaded questions, but my practice handling snakes comes in handy.
Xx6yz2E.png

My first task is to sort out my players and to that end, I temporarily promote our entire youth team. If you're good enough, you're old enough. We're currently in the red in terms of wage budget and have no transfer kitty to speak of, so we're going to have to make do with what we have until my scouts can locate some decent talent.
AADNJEx.png

Next up is choosing club captain and vice-captain. Valur Fannar Gislascn is recommended as captain and Orri Gunnarsson as vice-captain.
k0B1vUF.png

But I immediately spot problems. Gislason is nervous as hell in big games and Gunnarsson lacks the drive I want from my leading man.
arRFDVs.png

Trggvi Sveinn Bjarnason, veteran centre back, is my choice as captain. He has the aggression and bravery I'm looking for to force my players to give that extra 10% at all times. Gislason makes vice-captain. My choice of captain goes down very well with the team, all except those two I passed over being pleased with my choice.
ABdIC3f.png

With my chronological privilege checked, I'm going to have to settle on just a single formation this season and drill my players hard in how to operate in it. A lack of wing backs means I'll be playing 4 at the back, with 2 sitting midfielders to give our play some backbone. None of my strikers stand out as particularly quick or good in the air, so I'm going to fill out my forward line with a playmaker, two wingers and a single striker.
AeJw81k.png

We don't have a choice at GK. Sigurour Hrannar Bjornsson is on loan from Vikingur Reykjavik for another 16 months and needs to stay fit, as our only other keeper is dire.
NYRzgN7.png

At RB we are spoilt for choice! Unfortunately all of those choices are quite meh. Kristmundsson is my pick if we need to come forward, with Prastarson being the defensive kingpin and Guomundsson being a balanced option.
hNYQqt7.png

My predecessor has been playing Frioriksson exclusively as LB. I don't know what kind of drugs he was on, but I see Hilmarsson as being a much better option. Einarsson is a prospect for the future.
fFcX8e6.png

A lot of our central defenders can play in other positions. Our best CB is Bjarnason by a mile - he has the entire package while everyone else has flaws. It may take some time to determine our 2nd CB, but Magnusson, Prastarson and Gislason could all make that position their own.
j8WNA7C.png

CM is another position where we're overloaded with options. A lot of our defenders can play in this position. My current tactic will require two defensively robust midfielders, which is shown in my choices.
m8AAXc8.png

On the wings I need outlets, with the ability to come inside and score goals. Aoalgeirsson pips Benediktsson in that aspect, but you shouldn't be surprised to see Kristmundsson playing if I want to be more defensive.
HCp7zS7.png

Sigurosson is our best left winger and one of the top players in our team. I expect a lot from him.
LhT5XgQ.png

Jonsson, Porlaksson and Gunnarsson are all going to compete for my #10 role. There isn't much between them
o7iPhqM.png

Birgisson is our top goalscorer and most well rounded striker. I have questions about his teamplay and we have many other options.
iPEPBlP.png

I can't currently do much with our backroom personnel, so I'll go into depth on them towards the end of the season, where I'll likely be ringing changes.
3xA6bVP.png

Our opposition for the next game, the quarter final of the Icelandic Cup, shit talk us to the media. I don't care that they're challenging for the title of the Premier Division. Chat shit: get banged :rpgcodex:
Mx88V6Y.png

Match day! The other team is superior to us and I have not looked at their players. This game is all about us and how we perform as a team. Compare this starting 11 to how we're going to line up.
YWqDb7p.png

With so little time to train, I keep things simple. The only thing I demand is that we fight for every ball and don't give them an inch of room!
Yk2LbfF.png

ITZ HERE! :mhd:
YRYk7oH.png

Come on the lads!
bqSD48m.png

Last edited:
III

Where to begin? From what little I could discover about the other team (there are no scouts at the club) we were totally outclassed. Still, that's not enough to excuse how badly we got smashed. Defensively we were a shambles, zero organisation and they waltzed through us with ease. Offensively we didn't offer much and gave the ball away way too easily. What offends me most is that we didn't show any bite, picking up zero yellows in the whole game.
x97O9rY.png

We got smashed in the first 25 minutes and were lucky to only be 2-0 down, Bjornsson making a couple of very good saves. Diedhious played a one-two with Guonason, cutting through our centre backs and slotting it home to give FH the lead. Immediately after kick-off Omarsson gives the ball away and the ball eventually comes to Guonason on the edge of our area; he beats Bjarnason and doubles their lead. Birgisson was AWOL and so our only real chance came to Aoalgeirsson who put it away after a low cross from Hilmarsson. In the 32nd minute Guonason misses a good opportunity to restore their advantage, but misses from 8 yards out before hitting the post in the 39th minute with a header.
Iwr1iYX.png

At half-time I replace Birgisson with Prastarson, pushing Kristmundsson up onto the right wing. It makes no difference - we give the ball away and Hilmarsson plays Diedhiou onside for a free header at point blank range to make it 3-1. We almost bring one back in the 63rd minute when a corner is knocked back to Prastarson who's free just inside the box, his powerful shot flying over the bar. The two penalties were the final nails in the coffin, although Ingo brought some cheer to the fans when he smashed the ball against the post in injury time.
RWPjQtN.png

Last edited:
I see the game doesn't care about the minutiae of Icelandic names, but you're not supposed to call the players Sigurðsson or Benediktsson. They are not family names. They just mean "son of Sigurð" and "son of Benedikt" (and change every generation). You're supposed to call them Ingólfur and Brynjar.
I can't and won't adjust the whole game, but you'll be pleased to see the changes I've made with our team within a couple of updates +M

IV

Yes, that very first game went horribly, but when you put all the pieces together: they're a much better team; I only took over yesterday; we had 4 debut starts; the referee Jewed us with penalties, it's not the end of the world. Still - once and once only, this better not happen again.
DCqtDsi.png

As a Semi-Pro team I don't have the luxury of full control over our training schedule. But what I can do is make those few sessions we do have as intensive as possible. First and foremost, we need to be acting as a team and understand the way I want us to play.
TYvYV8h.png

With my horrendous knowledge of Iceland, I need all the help I can get. I bring in Mani Petursson as my numero dos and also hand out amateur contracts to two unproven Scouts and a Physio.
cNzihyD.png

We have a decent squad for this league, probably the most technically gifted side but lacking in guts and determination. I will change this first opportunity.
2n876Ch.png

Our next opponent, Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar (who I'll now refer to as KA, because fuck that name) don't seem to have as much quality as us, especially in defense. However even with two new scouts I can barely see a thing about their players.
JxQdlo0.png

Despite getting hammered, I have kept the faith in my starting eleven.
onRffg1.png

We made a bright start, crafting a couple of very good chances in the first five minutes. However that mattered little when Magnusson charged out of position to leave Ormarsson time and space inside our box, which he took full advantage of. The rest of that first half we were dire and Bjornsson made three brilliant saves to deny KA.
iLC0odA.png

At half time I took off Birgisson who was looking uninterested, replacing him with Porlaksson. After pulling it back to 1-1, Grizelj misses an absolute sitter and we punish them minutes later, taking the lead before seeing out the game.
RYWXwi4.png

The Transfer Window opens up on the 15th July, taking me by surprise. My new scouting team need to pull their fingers out, because I have no targets, no suggestions and no idea of who would be good for us to pick out, forcing me to play the lottery on loan signings. Wathne is unlikely to push our current defenders, so I allow him to leave to free up a bit of money.
Bb8Cgkx.png

After our poor first half performance against KA, I make some of the substitutions permanent. Birgisson is dropped for Porlaksson and Prastarson replaces Omarsson, pushing Magnusson into a midfield role.
ziG6nL8.png

Our performances keep on improving, which is why this result is so aggravating. Once again lax defending sees us concede early; we almost equalise straight away but a great reflex save denies Porlaksson from 6 yards out. Outside of the first 15 minutes we are the only team who look likely to score, but are not getting into those positions often enough.
GuA166p.png

Right after we make a double substitution and switch to a 4-4-2 we score a suberb team goal; winning the ball in our half before spraying it out quickly to Birgisson who'd pulled out onto the right wing, stretching the their defense to breaking point as we cross it back over to the left, finding Ingo in loads of space.
GlyAd9a.png

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Once made trip to Iceland to see UEFA qualification match against Leiftur. Match was played in Reykjavik even though the team is from up north.

Really great scenery but those teams are utter shite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom