Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Front Page Layout: Old vs New (Poll)

Which design and layout is better?

• Total voters

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Old is MUCH better. You don't need the "number of posts" part, and the fonts are much nicer.

Tweak the font sizes on the old.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Even @Taluntain agrees that the front page still needs some improvements.
Those improvements that I mentioned have largely been made now. Any further regressions can be applied to the retro Small Fonts styles as I expect that the users of those styles will appreciate them.

You don't need the "number of posts" part, and the fonts are much nicer.
The font size on the Small Fonts style is identical as it was on XF1. Pick it from the style chooser at the bottom of the page.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Even @Taluntain agrees that the front page still needs some improvements.
Those improvements that I mentioned have largely been made now. Any further regressions can be applied to the retro Small Fonts styles as I expect that the users of those styles will appreciate them.

You don't need the "number of posts" part, and the fonts are much nicer.
The font size on the Small Fonts style is identical as it was on XF1. Pick it from the style chooser at the bottom of the page.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/01/default-settings-change-phones-computers

"I change the default settings on my computer" is a foolproof strategy to diagnose autism.

Default settings have to be perfect, the first time.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That's exactly the point, they are right for most users, as evidenced by Lady Error's own poll. It's Lady Error and a few other users who prefer the retro look, and we're enabling that.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
That's exactly the point, they are right for most users, as evidenced by Lady Error's own poll. It's Lady Error and a few other users who prefer the retro look, and we're enabling that.
Almost half of those polled = “a few users“. At least you are no longer claiming that alts will skew the poll.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Registered members currently: 23,757
Registered members who want what Lady Error wants currently: 22 (0,0926 %)

You'd be hard pressed to find another forum that would cater to a group that small by providing a separate style for them.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
You know full well that there are maybe 100-200 active members currently.

If you want to ignore what potentially up to half of your users want, then that is your choice.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I can make it look exactly as it did before the move to XF2 as long as someone from the staff wants it to. But the circumstances aren't clear enough for me to act on my own initiative.
DarkUnderlord, there seems to be a clear preference among the users to make the front page look more like it was before. Admittedly, just as many do not care either way, but only a small minority actually likes the current front page layout.
Modders will fix it.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
If you want to ignore what potentially up to half of your users want, then that is your choice.
But this can't be about the main page. You already know where to click.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom