Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck you, haters, there are FOUR ways to play Dragon Age!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So basically they're saying:
You can play it in different ways but NOT as a real RPG.
Good job Bioware.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The best thing their Marketing can do is shut the fuck up.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"A slightly more involved way to play would be to treat it like a massively-multiplayer online game for which you have multiple characters."

That's not how MMORPGS work. Morons.

Armacalypse

Scholar
They didn't mention the fact that you can pause the game and control every character in detail. Did they remove that feature or are they worried the target audience's heads might explode?

"The fourth and deepest way to play is to emulate the most hardcore way of controlling Final Fantasy XII."
DA marketing is the best.

Dammit, I was literally on my way to post this.

Their PR firm needs to get fired. Seriously. Every time they open their mouths, or think up a new tactic, something stupid occurs.

Nael

Arcane
Dakota Grabowski: As an individual, how smooth has the transition been with the purchase of Bioware by Electronic Arts?

Mark Darrah: It’s actually been real good. One thing EA has brought to the forefront for us is that they have a strong public relations and marketing group. As a triple-A developer, it has allowed us to implement triple-A marketing and PR in the video game development process.

But EA PR and marketing is soooooooooooooo TRIPLE A!!!

Maybe I should go work for Bioware. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a gun pressed to the back of my skull, while holding a fistful of cash. For laughs... Ya know?

bhlaab

Erudite
Dragon Age can be played like an MMORPG

"You mean it has an online mode???"

Uh, no.
But it IS like playing an MMO that isn't massive or multiplayer or online.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I remember reviews of Oblivion that claimed that the game blended several genre, like melee combat, magic casting, stealth or exploration, and that each of these was better than games dedicated to one of these genres. How I hate PR bullshit.

Multi-headed Cow

horse.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Oh do read the comments, they are gold, once again.

"Can't I get a mode where I don't have to spend 10 hours customizing controls?!?"

"Great! It seems this is really console-friendly!"

Shannow

Waster of Time
Nael said:
Maybe I should go work for Bioware. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a big fat cock pressed down the back of my throat, while holding a fistful of cash. For laughs... Ya know?
Fixed.

Whoever predicted that Bioware's niveau would go down another few notches after being bought by EA can feel vindicated.
Yay... *puke*

Norfleet

Why exactly do you place so much importance on marketing weasels trying to sell swampland? The fact of the matter is that Dragon Age doesn't exist: Just faked trailers and other easily photoshopped gimmicks. Therefore, marketing blurbs are peddling a nonexistent product. So why would they know anything useful about it, being that it doesn't exist?

xantrius

Liturgist
Re: Fuck you, haters, there are FOUR ways to play Dragon Age

Hümmelgümpf said:
http://kotaku.com/5385022/you-can-play-dragon-age-origins-sort-of-like-four-other-games
Gamers can play BioWare's next epic as if it was an action-role-playing game, an MMO, like Kingdom Hearts or like Final Fantasy XII, a company rep recently explained to Kotaku.
How awesome is that?

Priceless :lol:

Lonewolf

Novice
I just don't get why they come out with this shite, I mean its not like they have to overly market the game, their past RPG's have done so well, why the need to come out with such inane wank shit like that comment

Do they think that they will appeal to the diehard FPS crowd or something, shut the fuck up and let the game sell itself

aries202

Erudite
You have to remember that the gameplay that Kotaku was shown was from the PS 3 version. And as such, the audience is different from those the game on the pc. It's called marketing to a specifik audience.

Syraxis

Novice
Mangoose said:
I'm wondering, did this "X-TREME" marketing start with EA's acquisition, or was it like this before?

I think after, IIRC Mass Effect's marketing wasn't this retarded. Though I could be wrong.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Hey aries202, since you know everything, are there any proper dungeon romps in the game? Like Durlag's Tower in BG or Watcher's Keep in BG2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom