- Jun 19, 2015
Let me guess, the game comes second to the porn?
- over 30 possible endings
- 5 levels with 26 maps each that are multiple screens in size
- over 250 possible cutscenes with only 10% of them being sexually related and almost all of them having choices which affect other branching choices
- main character never turns into a "slut" and has her brains/wits about her at almost all times
- multiple interactions with other characters both female and male with tons of character development
- full dynamic soundtrack that changes in real time based on what's going on around you, already over 40 songs and we're only 1/4th done with the soundtrack
- full voice acting for all characters
- you can go the entire game without having sex more than once or twice for cutscenes
- gigantic lore over 300 pages long at this point, sexuality is woven into it, but it's only one part of a much larger story
- almost everything in the game is logically explained and not an "easy way to make sex happen", in many cases the plot actually prevents "easy sex situations" from happening (personally, I hate it when storylines have ridiculous plots just to facilitate sex.)
Multiple polls have shown that people highly enjoy/are backing the game for the storyline and gameplay just as much as the sexuality, if not moreso in quite a few cases. A few people actually made a TVTropes page for us, too. We're trying to make a game with gameplay and story being just as important as sexuality.
Do you identify as a game designer
Is it your priority to make a great game
Yep. This is why we also do monthly polls to backers, making sure the game is of high quality; less than 10% of any of the questions on any given survey have to do with the sexuality of the game. In fact, feel free to check out the v0.23 survey and the v0.22 survey for an example of the kinds of questions we ask our backers. We also run a Discord where we get frequent feedback from people, bug reports, answer questions about the game, so on. We really, REALLY want this to be a good actual game, not just a "hold right to win and get sex scenes" simulator.
You can walk the line and place a lot of emphasis in both, but games should have gameplay close to their heart, not porn. The porn should be secondary to the game
Agreed, although we're not trying to make sex "secondary", but more "part of the game", if that makes sense.
And they're just prompt-activated animations, not actual gameplay too I bet
It is an action game, so a lot of the sex happens during gameplay, you can press buttons to interact with it, so on.
There's also a solid amount of cutscenes where you can choose to make sex stuff happen, or decline it too.
Unfortunately given that it is an action/cinematic platformer game, it's difficult to do much in the way of wholly interactive gameplay with sex animations and sexuality, but we are trying our best to weave it into the gameplay/storyline/visuals/audio while keeping gameplay interesting/fun/challenging, and keeping the sex as interactive/based on player choice as possible with repercussions for your choices that affect later choices/cutscenes in the game so that your actual choices, whether they're sexual or not, make the player feel like they have an actual impact on the storyline based on how they act (because those choices DO affect those things in-game!)
The current public demo is really outdated, but we'll have a much more updated public demo coming out soon which I do encourage you to check out to see if my claims are validated about gameplay being the #1 priority for us.