Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Future Fragments (action/platformer/RPG) Public Demo Inside!

A horse of course

when is this actually coming out again?

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
Future Fragments v0.18 Demo, get it on Patreon for $5!

0tm8Rrm.png

If you want to know what's changed, here's the changelogs;

U5pjG4W.png
mZIMtwA.png

As noted earlier this month, this is mostly a "getting things started up/base level" demo, so the amount of content in this demo is somewhat sparse as a result. The next demo will have a large content leap though, as we've laid out most of the groundwork with this build.

Next month's demo will feature multiple additions to the Electric Level like more mechanics, enemies, art, sound effects, and the start of cutscenes in-level!

If you've got any questions or comments about the demo, please do leave them in this post, and in a few days we'll have an extensive poll as well asking you all what you thought about certain aspects of the demo!

when is this actually coming out again?
The game should be finished around Fall 2018. 80+ sex animations, 5+ levels, 50+ cutscenes all voice acted by 20+ VAs, 60+ song soundtrack with 15 endings and a whole lot of other stuff in there, so it's gonna take some time, but we're working on it as fast as we can!

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
9664769464207141965.png

PROGRESS REPORT for the week of May 7th, 2017

FrougeDev is currently working on the Cutscene Editor, and then adding features to this month's demo!
Triangulate is nearly done with the Electric Boss, which is pretty insane, to be honest (what we have planned for it, I mean!)
I've been working on various design documents for the music, sound effects, and cutscenes for the Electric Level and beyond!
Rtil is basically finished with the art for the Internal Interrogation demo, so he's now going full time on the Electric Level Game Over CGs!
Fuyarinpa is continuing his work on the Electric Level soundtrack!
Stenzo K. is back on SFX for the Electric Level!

====================

NEW EDITOR BEING SENT OUT TO $50+ PLEDGES

So for a long while now, we've been sending out Cheshire's old editor to backers at the $50 level, and all you could do with it was the Fire Level. It also didn't run too well on a lot of computers, with some of them not being able to run it at all.
With the start of the Electric Level though, we've been using a brand new editor with many features, a reworked interface, and quite a few new features that the old one didn't have.

Most importantly though, this new editor allows you to create and edit maps in ALL THREE existing levels, not just one!

As noted before, anyone who's pledged already at the $50+ levels successfully in the past will get this editor entirely free, regardless of their current pledge, and they'll also get all future updates to the editor (the final version of the editor at game's end will of course have all levels included).
The above of course counts for anyone who pledges to the $50 level from here on out too.

Two caveats though;
  • Due to some programming issues with features in newer levels, the Steam Vents in the Fire Level had to be disabled in this version; this isn't a permanent disable of course, but as we'd like to focus on getting you all new demos and pushing towards the final version of the game, we felt it best to worry about fixing this later on.
  • This build is current up to the last demo, meaning that in the Electric Level there's only the Electric Grunt and the gravity switch mechanic to play with as far as assets; once the Electric Level is finished, you'll of course get an editor that gives you all the features of the finished Electric Level.
We're doing one final pass over on the editor and then we'll be sending it out to backers sometime within the next 2 days!

====================

REWORKING ELECTRIC GRUNT & OTHER CHANGES

After the initial Electric Demo, some of you noted you definitely wanted changes on a few aspects of it, and we agreed!

So here's what we'll be changing going forward;
  • The Electric Grunt will now run towards Talia and slash in one fluid motion, instead of stopping and then slashing.
  • The Electric Grunt will change to his beam attack once he's performed his initial slash, but if he's not killed within 5 or so seconds, OR Talia runs out of his beam range, he'll run towards her and slash again.
  • The Electric Grunt is getting a 1.5 second charge up on his beam so you've got fair warning as to when he'll be firing it.
  • While it likely won't be in the next demo, we'll be adding visual or audible "alerts" to enemies noticing Talia (like the Electric Grunt doing a grunting noise or perhaps a shock running through his body as his gun activates).
  • We'll of course be adding sound effects to everything as usual (including the gravity flip, which will get sound effects based on which direction the gravity is being flipped).
  • A setting to flip the vertical controls (up for activating things and down to crouch) will be placed in the options menu for players who want to flip those controls upon gravity flipping.
One interesting response we got was the following, which I'd like to address;

"I think that should be more so a personal choice. Possibly some of the grunts prefer range, some don't, some act more like you envisioned. Just because they are AI, doesn't mean they are all the same."

While this is definitely a neat idea and also mechanically feasible, I wanted to address the two reasons why we wouldn't do something like this;
  • The first is a gameplay reason; while it'd be fun for a small amount of people to deal with an entirely different AI pattern per Electric Grunt they encounter, it would likely frustrate the majority of players as they would have no "base strategy" to learn against said enemies, making most fights feel random and more luck-based than skill-based.
  • The second is a lore reason; Electric Grunts are, upon initiation to the WORM, plugged into a device that basically rewrites many critical aspects of their behavioral patterns. They keep their personality and opinions, but for military needs, they all get the same "attack pattern info", so as to maintain quality/expectations of what the Electric Grunts will do. (And if you're wondering about differences in physique, most of the Grunts are genetically modified to end up around the same physique, as well; got to maintain that standard of quality!)
Another response I'd like to address was this one, in Chinese;

"每次玩都看不懂遊戲裡的劇情好令人困擾我就只有這問題了(目前)"

Something people may not know is that we do have non-English speaking people pledging to this game, and I do try my best to reply to them, either using Google Translate or getting a friend to translate my response back to them (as well as translate the initial message).

In this case, I asked a friend of mine (they have a game on Steam at http://store.steampowered.com/app/38...e_of_the_Sands! The video is somewhat outdated though, so the game looks better than that now).
My friend says that they're saying that "The only problem I have with the game so far is that I don't really understand the story so far".
To reply to this, we're intentionally obscuring some parts of the story so that when you play the full game, the story is still surprising, and so that story spoilers don't leak long before the game's out.
You can read a good bit about the universe of the game though at http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...utureFragments
smile.gif

To reply to the initial poster though (also translated by my friend);
"我们想暂且保存故事的秘密,那样的话,游戏出来的时候还会有一些惊喜。而且害怕游戏出来以前会有人漏游戏的惊喜。"
====================

As we've already shown a great deal of the Electric Level to you all, some of these posts will be kind of sparse, unfortunately, but we'll keep posting weekly!

The next demo, v019, will be out May 31st, and will have a number of improvements and additions
smile.gif

(As an extra note too, if you wanted to check out the other two games of mine (especially if you're a yuri or a futa fan, respectively, since we're not doing either of those in this game), they're at http://www.patreon.com/reclaimreality and http://www.patreon.com/hentaiwriter.)

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
5olupXN.png

PROGRESS REPORT
for the week of May 15th, 2017

FrougeDev is almost done with the Cutscene Editor, and then adding features to this month's demo!
Triangulate is nearly done with the Electric Boss, which is pretty insane, to be honest (what we have planned for it, I mean!)
I'll be dealing with voice actors primarily for this week, recruiting a lot of them for not only Future Fragments, but also Internal Interrogation and Reclaim Reality too!
Rtil is basically finished with the art for the Internal Interrogation demo, so he's now going full time on the Electric Level Game Over CGs!
Fuyarinpa is, not surprisingly given his speed, done with the Electric Level soundtrack already, so he'll be moving back onto Reclaim Reality for the time being. You can check out two more tracks for the Electric Level in this update!
Stenzo K. is also churning out SFX for all three games like mad, having done over 60 separate sound effects in just the last week!

====================

MORE MUSIC

Here's two more music tracks for the Electric Level!

Strong Enemy Nearby

Reading Databanks

====================

BOSS PREVIEW

We figured we could show you this preview of the boss for the Electric Level; this is what you encounter during a certain portion of the fight. Specifically, this is the "boss" itself.

As to what that really means, you'll have to wait for the upcoming months to find out!

====================

OUR AIMS FOR THE NEXT DEMO

If you're curious, this is what we're currently aiming to get into the next demo;
  • Cutscene editor finished (but no new cutscenes yet, as we're going to be building those for the demo after)
  • Spider Bot (attacks, h-animations, audio)
  • Malfunctioning Sex Machine trap
  • Gravity Doors (doors that are weighted, will only be open based on gravity orientation)
  • Talia's Ice Shot (turn enemies into platforms)
====================

As we've already shown a great deal of the Electric Level to you all, some of these posts will be kind of sparse, unfortunately, but we'll keep posting weekly!

The next demo, v019, will be out May 31st, and will have a number of improvements and additions :)

(As an extra note too, if you wanted to check out the other two games of mine (especially if you're a yuri or a futa fan, respectively, since we're not doing either of those in this game), they're at http://www.patreon.com/reclaimreality and http://www.patreon.com/hentaiwriter.)

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
QZQDEL1.gif

PROGRESS REPORT
for the week of June 15th, 2017

FrougeDev is still grinding away at the Cutscene Editor!
Triangulate is done with the Electric Boss, and has now moved onto Earth Level enemies!
I'm doing a bunch of stuff regarding audio for the duration of this month!
Rtil is now going full time on the Electric Level Game Over CGs!
Fuyarinpa is, not surprisingly given his speed, done with the Electric Level soundtrack already, so he'll be moving back onto Reclaim Reality for the time being.
Lewd K. is still knocking out SFX for the game, as noted above!

====================

CHANGES TO ELECTRIC LEVEL/OTHER THINGS

After discussing the results of the poll with the team, as well as our own desires for the game, here's the changes we'll be making;
  • Effective going forward, as well as for when we remake the older levels once the game's complete, we're going to be focusing more on making enemies complex or challenging to deal with mechanically, while making them easier to deal with in terms of raw stats.
  • What the above point means is that we'll be, for example, lowering the Electric Grunt's life by a good amount, as well as reducing his damage dealt by a good amount too (so he doesn't kill you in 2 hits, now it'd take 4 or so), for just one change out of the many that'll be coming to the raw stats of enemies.
We feel this is a good change because it makes the game still challenging, but not as brutally punishing, and while we want challenge, we don't want to make this a 2D Dark Souls.
  • Next, we'll be changing the Spiderbot significantly, specifically its claw; it will no longer do damage itself, but will instead insta-stun Talia, making it somewhat of a "support" character.
  • For an even more drastic change, we'll be altering its claw to only have one flight behavior (previously there were two, randomly selected), but more importantly, we'll be changing how it actually works.
  • Now the claw will fly out towards Talia at an incredibly fast speed, but when it gets near her, it'll quickly slow down, and "orbit" her as it's slowing down until it stops in place, right in front of her, in perfect firing range. A second or so later, it'll burst forward, hitting her for a guaranteed stun, if the player doesn't freeze it or destroy it.
  • This mechanic we feel is much more rewarding and versatile; it prevents any cheap shots by the claw, but it requires the player to stay alert to blast the claw within the time interval. It also provides a perfect platform for the player to use, allowing a lot more map variations to be built.
For a few more changes;
  • We'll be making the ice blocks that surround enemies larger, and the platforming area you can stand on them larger too.
  • We'll be adding an indicator for how long enemies have until they unfreeze, as well.
Finally, we've fixed the bug that locks you in place if you press F12 to take a screenshot while crouching.

====================

BOSS PREVIEW

As you can see in this preview, we've got something special in mind for the boss loss animation. If you remember previous boss animations, there were multiple sequences/loops to them.
However, this time around, instead of having a long series of animations, we've got something entirely different in mind...

====================

MSVCP100.dll BUG

Some people have been getting a bug on later versions of the game that tells them they're missing "MSVCP100.dll". This is remedied easily, luckily.
All you'll need to install are the latest Windows Drivers; https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523 (for 64-bit) or https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555 (for 32-bit)
If you can't install this stuff, you're likely on OSX and might need to emulate the game using WINE, but even that might not fix it, and unfortunately we don't have a fix for that as the game is native to Windows.

====================

The next demo, v020, will be out June 30th, and will have a number of improvements and additions :)

Last edited:

A horse of course

(As an extra note too, if you wanted to check out the other two games of mine (especially if you're a yuri or a futa fan, respectively, since we're not doing either of those in this game)
gud

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
hentai games
As I assume I am talking with expert right know, what's good definition of hentai games?

I mean, the only reason I call them hentai is to make it explicit that there's sex/sexuality in it as opposed to "adult games" which can constitute stuff like Hatred with no sex in it but it definitely gets an AO rating
hentai game = there is sexual activity in it
aside from that it can be a shitty game with no real gameplay, a full fledged game with loads of actual gameplay and quality, or anything in between
it can be a fighting game, platformer, action adventure, rpg, rhythm, racing, simulation, or others

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
FYqwWij.gif

the worst type of animation one can make
stretching...

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
kmgijZR.png

PROGRESS REPORT
for the week of August 10th, 2017

FrougeDev is back on the Cutscene Editor again, as well as the Electric Level boss!
Triangulate is continuing on Earth Level content!
I'm doing the FULL maps for the Electric Level now that we have all of the content in, as well as directing SilkyMilk with new voicework for the game!
Rtil has sent me some WIP CGs for the Electric Level, which you can see a sketch of one above!
Fuyarinpa is back on Future Fragments again, as seen in this week's post!
Lewd K. is still knocking out SFX for the game!

====================

EARTH LEVEL NIGHT TIME MUSIC

https://clyp.it/j22hcpkm

The Earth Level music for the Night Time has been completed, although it's unmastered.
We should have some special music for next week regarding something we've needed to make music for for a long, long time.

====================

SIGNIFICANT GAME CHANGES/ADDITIONS

So both in part due to the survey, as well as our own grievances about certain things within the game, we'll be changing a few things in the next build as well as going forward.
Don't worry, these aren't feature creep changes, nor are they going to be significant time sinks to change (most of them we've already changed!), but we figured we'd want to fill you in in advance for these upcoming changes.

Small Changes
  • Conveyor belts will now apply their physics to neutral jumps, as well as slowing down Talia gradually instead of instantly
  • Security bots will now move faster, aggro easier, and hesitate less after you jump over them
  • Visual/Audio cues will be added to the Electric Cannon to show it charging up before it shoots
  • Electric Cannon will also be freezeable
  • Spiderbot claw will delay less before attacking Talia after it's hovered in place
  • Each element will get its own "charging up" filter/animation
  • A zoom in function is still coming in a later demo
  • Talia will be getting many more voice lines
  • Talia's face will match her sex animations (still frames, not an animated face)
  • Demos will eventually get a primitive sex animation gallery
Major Gameplay Changes
  • Boss Charge shots now use NO mana, and are free to use as you please
  • Boss Utility Abilities (fire dash, ice shot) are now getting DIFFERENT "mana blocks" per ability. What this means is that if you have say, 100 "mana points" out of 100 (a full bar), when you're on the Fire Dash power, you'll see two "blocks" which each use up 50 mana, so you get two uses of it with a full bar. However, if you swap to the Ice Shot power, you'll see 5 blocks, each of which use up 20 mana. This allows us to balance out the powers so abilities get more fair usage, without breaking the game
  • Mana recharge rate is doubled for the next demo, and if that's too much, we'll tone it down a bit
  • Reading databanks in the next demo will NOT freeze the game; we'll test it out and if it becomes annoying, we'll revert the change
We're also working on fixing the following bugs;
  • Jumper Bot has no leg invincibility while upside down
  • DirectX12 making the game not work for some people is unfortunately something we can't fix directly, but when the full game's done, we'll be able to provide an installer version that will bypass this bug
====================

The next demo, v022, will be out August 31st, and will have a number of improvements and additions :)

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Good for you being productive. Never understood the appeal of these kinds of games though just the same female character getting ganged by things? And the backers will be 99.9% guys so... I just don't understand.

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
Good for you being productive. Never understood the appeal of these kinds of games though just the same female character getting ganged by things? And the backers will be 99.9% guys so... I just don't understand.
Actually, roughly 10-15% of our backers are female according to statistics/feedback from Patrons. The game itself is about much more than the character being fucked by enemies; you should try it out yourself at http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/683361, although it's an old version of the game, you can probably see that there's a lot more to it than that.

The current versions have a lot more robust storyline, dynamic music, powerups, abilities, cutscenes, full voice acting, with the full game having a storyline that crosses over between other games I'm working on set in the same universe, but at different time periods, etc.
tl;dr we're aiming to make full fledged games with sexuality in them, not "press right to see sex" simulators. :P

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
A5qZtbU.png

The Cutscene Editor is done!

This is actually an old Patreon post, it’s been about a month since the Cutscene Editor was finished, but I wanted to make it known to the public that the Cutscene Editor is finished and working!
We’re still adding more features to it every day, but in the most recent release (v022) back at the start of the month, we had quite a few cutscenes (over 20 of them), with voice work coming to them soon as well.
Future builds will allow us to do even more customized cutscenes, and yes, there will be sex in them as well, and while there’s already branching choices/consequences for your choices in v022, the future builds will have even more choices/consequences as well.

In fact, cutscenes;
  • are affected by what order you run into them in
  • have different choices based on what you chose in previous cutscenes
  • can have more content if you return to the area the cutscene was originally at after leaving the room or doing something else
  • may not even show up at all based on what you picked or did earlier.
Additionally, v022 only has cutscenes affecting other cutscenes within the same level, so it's self-contained; the full game will have cutscenes that affect other cutscenes and events in other levels, so you might save someone in the Fire level who has a brother in the Electric level that's grateful for your actions, but the assassin who was trying to kill the guy in the Fire Level backstabs someone else even more important in the Earth Level as revenge for you spoiling their plot, for one example out of many.

As a last note, each choice you make in a cutscene (and even some outside of them!) will affect what ending you get, out of 7 “core” endings with 4 “variables” to each of those endings as well.

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
5qhp4vz.gif

PROGRESS REPORT for September 8th, 2017

FrougeDev is working on the Electric Boss as well as an update to the Fire Level Public Demo!
I'm directing SilkyMilk with new voicework for the cutscenes, as well as getting a much wider variety of moans/sex noises and finishing off the Electric Level maps!
Rtil is continuing work on the Electric Level CGs!
Fuyarinpa is working on a few things on other projects, but he'll be back on Future Fragments within the next week or so!

====================

VIE'S ABILITIES

Something we haven't really went into much was Vie's abilities; being that she's from the year 3000, and adapted to the technology of that era, she's magnitudes more powerful than say, two magicians from the year 1000.

It's a good thing she's (probably?) on your side then, as one of her core abilities is to digitize herself, allowing her to send her body/mind through any of the circuitry in any of the first three levels. This lets her effectively teleport to any part of those levels nearly instantly, which is why she seems to be everywhere at once!

It's not just the device she's tapping on that's causing this, either; her entire outfit is the height of technology in this era, and the device is simply tapping into the suit. (If you want a comparison, and you've watched ReBoot back in the day, her device is essentially "Glitch", if that makes more sense.)

====================

RESPONDING TO THE SURVEY

I'm happy to say that the overall response to the Cutscenes being introduced was overwhelmingly positive, with around 80% of voters saying the cutscenes were a 4 or 5 out of 5, and only 5% felt they were anything lower than a 3!
I wanted to address some of the direct feedback though, as well as one question on the survey regarding the types of cutscenes you'd all like to see.
---------------------------------
In regards to which cutscenes people would like to see more of, to no one's surprise, #1 was "custom sex scenes", and I'm happy to report that Triangulate and I are making multiple ones of those; in fact, we plan for every level to have two Talia and two Faye scenes that are specifically designed for those levels, and any other scenes where sex is involved will involve enemies that have had their sex animations and designs slightly altered.

For example, in the Ice Level, we might have a special "Commander Celodst" that has special adornments and an extra set of arms that only shows up for a particular cutscene, using a slightly modified version of the Tall Celodst's #1 clothed sex animation.

It will of course take time to implement/create these animations, but they are definitely being worked on and will be in the final release, even if they're not all in next month's demo at once!
Next up, people voted for, in order from most to least;
  • Character Development
  • Easter Eggs
  • Main Plot-Based
  • Comedic-themed
  • World-building
  • Dark-themed
  • Other
The votes between these were pretty close, but one thing I wanted to address was one particular response someone left under "other";

"This is perhaps a more stylistic perspective, but I think the dark-themed scenes should be heavily discouraged against in a game like this."

The comment goes on to mention that the vibe of the game is light, and getting too violent/intense might off-put the feel of the game. While I do agree about violence, and there won't ever be any bloodletting or permanent injuries to Talia (or Faye or Vie for that matter), I do want to make it clear that the actual storyline of this game is somewhat dark.

Among the three games I'm working on, this is probably the middle-ground (with Internal Interrogation actually being lighter than this game and Reclaim Reality being darker).
That said, it probably DOES come off as light-hearted to a lot of you, and that is intentional also. So, how is the game both dark and light at the same time?

My intent is that if you play through the game at a surface level, it SHOULD come off as light, even comedic at times, and shouldn't really appear to be too dark or gritty.

However, if you actually read into the databanks and pay attention to certain visual/audible subtexts that are already in the game and more of them that we've got planned, you'll notice a lot of the darker tones I've worked into the game.

This is done intentionally so that people who want to just enjoy a fun platformer and not have to read a lot of depressing/negative/darker stuff can do so, they can enjoy the cutscenes (most of which will be a lot lighter than the databanks) and the game should still be fun and enjoyable to play through and engage with at that level. If you want to read about all the shitty stuff the WORM has done though, or just how shitty it is in the future in general, you're free to take that up yourself. This way, nothing negative/dark is forced on the player, but that content IS available there for those who want to go looking for it.
Now, for a few more quick responses to questions/feedback from the survey;
  • "I would like a function to enlarge the map, so I can see where I've been where I haven't. I can't find that last cutscene with Vie."
We have this already planned for the ESC menu; you should see an empty area on it, and that's where the gigantic map for the level will go!
  • "The Grunt vs. Spiderbot conundrum isn't very compelling to me due to it being a clearly random choice, I'm given no prior clue either way to encourage me to have Talia decide one way or the other... feels really arbitrary."
This is intentional; not every cutscene will have a very clear cut choice, but if this were the full game, you would have probably had a lot of experience with Grunts who were actually Rebel Soldiers. Combine that with the fact that the Grunt DIDN'T attack you, despite the JumperBot having made it obvious that you'd worked out a deal of some sort with them (and thus if the JumperBot was really something the Grunt was seeking to destroy, he would have tried to kill you too), and you'll be able to have more weight based around your choice.

Speaking of your choices, you'll gain points in a variety of "categories", from "violence" to "naivete" to "loyalty" and so on depending on the choices you make. Whatever you have the most points in out of those categories will be the ending you get at the end of the game.

For this specific cutscene, there is no real "best choice"; it depends on whether you wanted info on Seeber enough to kill an innocent man, or if you wanted to destroy a malicious JumperBot that could have been feeding you false information. There is no "correct answer" for a good deal of the cutscenes in the game, actually, as your "good choice" early on might result in a "bad result" later on.

That said, your choices aren't arbitrary, as noted above with the endings, and you won't just get some ending at random; your choices will add up over the span of the game to get you an ending that is pretty relevant to your overall behavior/choices.
  • "I felt that the dialogue from the jumpbot after refusing to help him was too crass, like he broke character."
This is another way you can tell that the JumperBot is up to no good; he DID break character, in this case, the "character" that he had been putting on for you as an act, acting weak and cordial to you in an attempt to get what he wanted from you. This won't be the last time a character does this, so watch out for it.
  • "Levels feel pretty flat in terms of lighting and shading, effects don't seem to give off light, or even glow, and there really doesn't feel like a lot of shadows."
This is something we've had plans to fix for a long time with the dynamic lighting engine; we'll be adding that sometime during the Electric Level.
  • "Also, I don't know but both the protagonists sound kind of bratty with all the swearing. Like teenagers trying to look adult."
Believe it or not, they only swear around 10 times within the demo out of around 150 lines of dialogue. That said, "teenagers trying to look adult" IS exactly what I'm going for here; Talia and Faye are from the year 1000, brought into the year 3000 and completely unable to process a good deal of what's going on due to it just being so far over their heads.

When we get into situations that we feel are out of our control, we cope with it in different ways; a common way for that is for people to curse as as show of dominance/boasting, to not make it obvious that they're afraid. Since Talia and Faye don't want to show this side of themselves to one another, as well as simply hating one another, they curse like that when talking to each other. (You'll notice that Talia hardly, if at all, curses when in any of the other cutscenes in the game.)

A few people commented on this though, so I will try to tone down the cursing a bit between them, but it's still going to stay for the above reasons.
  • "Please, PLEASE read this! I highly suggest that you don't make the same mistake as Star Wars did and make the game totally based off fan ideas and suggestions."
Not to worry; while we heavily value feedback, and it HAS changed the game in small ways quite a few times, the overall vision of the game/gameplay/storyline isn't something we're going to have get steamrolled by backer requests. Notably though, I'd probably say less than 1 out of every 100 comments we get about suggestions for the game are outright "ridiculous" ones; the majority are either things we already planned to implement or are actually pretty neat ideas that we do end up implementing without negatively affecting the game.
  • "Possibility of a check list of rooms from the minimap like the name of the room and its picture in the pause menu"
Speaking of suggestions we already had planned, you'll notice on the ESC menu that there is a section on the far left already setup for this; you'll be able to replay any databanks/cutscenes you've already seen, which will be organized by the map you found them on as well as the level.
Any cutscenes/databanks you've missed will be greyed out, but they will have location information on them so you'll know what map they're on; as far as how to trigger them though or where they're at on the map, that's up to you to find out!

====================

PATREON PAGE UPDATE

As a small quality of life update, Triangulate's done icons for the right side of the main Patreon page for the Reward Tiers, and I've streamlined the reward info as well for them so it's not as much to read.

====================

PUBLIC FIRE DEMO UPGRADE

Later this month/early in October, we're planning to release an upgrade to the demo at Newgrounds for the Fire Level!

This upgrade will contain;
  • Redone cutscene dialogue
  • Intro cinematic
  • New GUI (the GUI we have now)
  • The first Game Over CG scene for the Fire Boss
  • all new audio by SilkyMilk for Talia
  • Parallax scrolling backgrounds
If you're wondering why we're not implementing things like the cinematic and parallax in the current demo, it's because Triangulate got the art done for those long ago for the Fire Level, but we haven't had time to implement it due to rushing to get the cutscene editor out, etc.

All of the new content will of course be in the final game too, so this just gets us closer to the finished game!

This will also serve as a public testbed for all of the above concepts, so when the upgraded demo is out, we'll be sure to let you all know! (Note that Patreon demos take priority over this of course, so we'll be focusing on making sure the core Electric Level demo is ready before focusing on the Fire Level upgrade.)

====================

The next demo, v023, will be out September 30th, and will have a number of improvements and additions :)

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
N1XOXfF.jpg

PROGRESS REPORT for September 18th, 2017

FrougeDev is working on the Electric Boss as well as an update to the Fire Level Public Demo!
I'm directing SilkyMilk with new voicework for the cutscenes, as well as getting a much wider variety of moans/sex noises and finishing off the Electric Level maps and cutscenes!
Rtil is continuing work on the Electric Level CGs!
Fuyarinpa is back on Future Fragments!

====================

SECOND CG SET

Here we have the second CG set for the game and the first for the Electric Level! There's two variations to this set like there are for all CG sets, and like all CG sets, this will be voiced, with dialogue/narration, music, sound effects, and so on!
Game over CGs will be available in the gallery after you beat a level in the full game, so you don't have to lose to see them, and we plan to implement them into demos by the time the Electric Level is finished sometime around November.

====================

BOSS PROGRESS

Progress on the boss is coming along nicely; Frouge sent me over a build a few days ago that has the "room movement" function down, which we're still fine tuning, as well as the "room wipe" effect for when you defeat a room and many other odds and ends.
So, we should still be on track to give you all a rough version of the boss at the end of this month, and then polish it up next month for anything we missed this month!

====================

JAPANESE TRANSLATION

This upcoming public demo of the Electric Level is one we really want to get out there, given the massive upgrades to the game since we first released a public demo (and we still have more in store for this level before we complete it, like parallax and possibly dynamic lighting too!).
So given the audience that adult games have overseas, we've hired a translator to translate all the English in what will be the final Electric Level Demo to Japanese, which will then be available as a toggle switch at the title screen.
Rest assured that this won't delay production/release of demos; this will be given to him to work on while we work on everything else.

====================

GUI CHANGES

Just as another small note, we're changing the text "box" from the black bar at the bottom of the screen to its own "dialogue box" a bit higher up; this should allow text to stand out more.
We're also changing the font too for better readability and aesthetics.

====================

The next demo, v024, will be out October 31st, and will have a number of improvements and additions :)

Ash

Arcane
Let me guess, the game comes second to the porn? Do you identify as a game designer and/or game design enthusiast, and consume informative material on the subject...or do you spend most of your time on hentai and art sites? Is it your priority to make a great game, or is the game merely a canvas for your creative fetishism?
You can walk the line and place a lot of emphasis in both, but games should have gameplay close to their heart, not porn. The porn should be secondary to the game, but with porn games it's usually the other way around.

Sorry for being critical, I just hate that my hobby isn't about the game anymore, but rather it's about anything and everything else.

-Lots and lots of sex with a huge variety of enemies

:prosper:
And they're just prompt-activated animations, not actual gameplay too I bet :decline:

Nah you do you. It's for a niche anyway, so no major impact on the industry at large. No harm done.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom