Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Future Fragments (action/platformer/RPG) Public Demo Inside!

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer

It's really weird too because GameJolt had by far one of the most robust rating systems for adult content in online gaming, so why are they suddenly saying they don't have a good moderation system?
But yeah, if you want the demo from now on, it'll be at https://hentaiwriter.itch.io/futurefragments instead of GameJolt.

lightbane

Arcane
It's really weird too because GameJolt had by far one of the most robust rating systems for adult content in online gaming, so why are they suddenly saying they don't have a good moderation system?
Sounds like someone in the moderation team went woke overnight.

Trithne

Erudite

MasterCard_Logo.svg

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THANKS FOR THE UPDATES

I GET DRUNK AND HIGH AND FORGET WHY I WISH LISTED SOME SHIT THESE THREADS HELP ME REMEMER

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded
It has been read that you have good working ethic/principles/practices, Than it should be fitting/easy/smooth to adapt/incorporate/follow the highest of them.

Such as keep the Shabat/שבת the 7th day of the week as the day of rest that last from 6th day evening or sungone("from darkness to light") to 7th day evening. When one does not work nor make any other living work under him or his household, not buying or selling(since it can make other work) and preparing the food the day beforehand with the exception of doing good such as when rest would otherwise not be possible.
Likewise the rest of biblical laws for they are linked/associated/corresponding with one's health/life/well-being such as what is fit to eat.

There are actually several hundred scientific books and articles that refer specifically to seven-day cycles in nature. Although a whole host of life forms have well-defined weekly cycles, most of the research has been medical. Scientists have documented bona fide weekly fluctuations in human blood pressure, heart rate, blood chemistry, body temperature, kidney function, tooth development, urine chemistry and volume, stress hormones, various neurotransmitters, and the immune system.

Weekly rhythms appear easiest to detect when the body is under stress, such as when it is defending itself against a virus, bacterium, or other harmful intruder. For example, cold symptoms (which are really signs of the body defending itself against the cold virus) last about a week. Chickenpox symptoms (a high fever and small red spots) usually appear almost exactly two weeks after exposure to the illness.

Doctors have long observed that response to malaria infection and pneumonia crisis peaked at seven days. Organ transplants face similar crises as the body's immune system attack the foreign organ.
One proof comes from the research of renowned chronobiologist Franz Halberg, who studied humans isolated without time markers in a cave for over 100 days and found that their seven-day cycles remained intact, regardless.
Interestingly, it's not only humans that are wired for weeks. Mice, insects, algae and even bean seeds are all known to have seven-day cycles of bioactivity, even under constant environmental conditions.

There are some bees in South America that do not come out of their hives on Sabbath. They also make honey and do not sting. Named melipona. Some beavers in North America have been observed only coming out of their beaver lodge on the 1st through the 6th days of the week and resting inside on Sabbath.
from:https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1158613/jewish/The-Biological-Shabbat-Clock.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49T5unQEIbY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwayR5gkh7c
Based on the above/examples state it as; universal to life on earth, engraved into biology, regardless if one hold scripture true or not.

Being video-game development is often complex,stressfull and crunch associated work. It is paramount/important/vital to keep such law/rules/guidelines since death's and ill-health were caused and could be prevented from knowing and following it. See/think/consider it as the most efficient life insurance. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
BROS THANKS FOR THE UPDATES
I GET DRUNK AND HIGH AND FORGET WHY I WISH LISTED SOME SHIT THESE THREADS HELP ME REMEMER

No problem!

Being video-game development is often complex,stressfull and crunch associated work. It is paramount/important/vital to keep such law/rules/guidelines since death's and ill-health were caused and could be prevented from knowing and following it. See/think/consider it as the most efficient life insurance. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Agreed on this, but at the same time, we owe it to people to not slack off, so I'm definitely still working 7 days a week, but I'm still getting adequate rest/sleep. The rest of the team is of course free to work as much/little as they want to, I'd never demand anyone work on days/amounts they don't want to or anything like that.

(That said, the team is all really self-motivated, so they're hard workers regardless!)

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Agreed on this, but at the same time, we owe it to people to not slack off, so I'm definitely still working 7 days a week, but I'm still getting adequate rest/sleep. The rest of the team is of course free to work as much/little as they want to, I'd never demand anyone work on days/amounts they don't want to or anything like that.

How is it having a day out of 7, considered slacking off? Are the people you owe too, are that evil, that a single day, optimally biologically for rest, is out of the question?
Considering the 4th commandment in bible which even other animal have shown to follow, not dedicating the 7th day for rest, is actually slacking off.

There exist the description "lazy Saturday" yet who has heard of lazy Xday(X=the other days of the week). Question why such saying has came to be if it did not happen often/frequently.

"but I'm still getting adequate rest/sleep."
By disturbing the 7 day circle, you may start building disease/malfunctions that even adequate rest/sleep is not enough to cover. There are many mechanism/function/cells that require a chance to rest, have relief. "burnout" can be an example of it.
If there exist "use or lose it", than likewise "overuse it, lose it" should exist too.

It is a long term thinking, as one who assumes that most who past 100 years age and in good condition( all body parts functioning) have for the most part have followed bible/scripture law/instruction/word even without realizing/knowing it.

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
How is it having a day out of 7, considered slacking off? Are the people you owe too, are that evil, that a single day, optimally biologically for rest, is out of the question?
No, it's my own choice: I don't literally owe people, I consider it my own personal responsibility/choice to make sure I'm getting as much work done as possible.
Plus, I'm just a workaholic; I get anxiety and stress from not working.

Considering the 4th commandment in bible which even other animal have shown to follow, not dedicating the 7th day for rest, is actually slacking off.
I'm fairly sure that given that most of the animal kingdom can't recognize itself in a mirror, they're likely incapable of realizing anything from the bible and other philosophical considerations.
Not to say that animals aren't worth caring about or are stupid, but that's not really something they're going to be able to comprehend or process.
(Also, animals rest like, every day. Some of them rest for months straight.)

Question why such saying has came to be if it did not happen often/frequently.
We also had other sayings throughout human history that many would argue nowadays are terrible sayings that represent a lot of bad things, despite them being used frequently at certain points in history or even for decades or centuries, so I don't think this angle holds too much weight.

There are many mechanism/function/cells that require a chance to rest, have relief. "burnout" can be an example of it.
True, but some people are mentally designed by nuture or nature to be resilient against burnout, to even thrive in high stress situations, so one shoe doesn't fit all in this case.

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I'm fairly sure that given that most of the animal kingdom can't recognize itself in a mirror, they're likely incapable of realizing anything from the bible and other philosophical considerations.
That is the point, yet despite it they do, as if they were created with that mechanism/behavior/pattern.
An evidence to support that Yahuha/YHWH/יהוה created & owns the heaven & earth , as described in the bible. Heaven in older translation are the sky, which should including the outer-space.
And if the owner return and deem fit to remove/dispose these that not behaved in accordance, where would they go?

I'm just a workaholic; I get anxiety and stress from not working.
Then one can consider doing good deeds as acceptable work, charity such as giving food to the poor. "
There are also work simulating games such as Truck Simulator or Farm simulator, most are said to be German made, or lax/easy games in general.
Both should, on assumption, negate/remove/prevent the anxiety & stress caused from not working for the purpose/goal/objective of having the Shabat/שבת as the day of rest.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

We also had other sayings throughout human history that many would argue nowadays are terrible sayings that represent a lot of bad things, despite them being used frequently at certain points in history or even for decades or centuries, so I don't think this angle holds too much weight.
There is interested/curiosity in examples one can provide.

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
I do love cute wifes anon! I do!
This might disappoint you, but there's only one wife in our game; Vie, and I dunno if she's what you'd call the "cutesy" type, haha.

31_January_23rd_progress_report.png

Weekly Progress Report #31 for Future Fragments!

---------------------------

DISCORD - https://discord.gg/puXrfSm
STEAM - https://steam.pm/app/1238920
TWITTER - https://www.twitter.com/hentaiwriter
FREE DEMO - https://futurefragments.net
MORE PLACES - http://linktr.ee/hentaiwriter

All links are meant only for those 18+ of age or older.

This might disappoint you, but there's only one wife in our game; Vie, and I dunno if she's what you'd call the "cutesy" type, haha.
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! Do not worry anon it is okay anon because tomboy wife is POWER anon! It is true anon! It is! You are a good anon!
wxBLomg.jpg

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer
I really hate to do this, but...

During the making the NextFest demo, we found a LOT of bugs, on top of what bugs we already have.

(If you want to see that list of bugs, it's at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9ZnGfEd01oWYgCRriPkiYAQIm3kirK3ehX9aXrf6rM/edit?usp=sharing)

Along with what content we've got left to do (remaining script and voicework, true final boss, achievements, soundtrack mastering), we realized that if we released in March, Future Fragments would not only be missing core content, it'd be a buggy mess.

So, we've sadly moved the release date to "Spring 2022". That means sometime between now and the end of May.

Even if it's going to skyrocket our debt even more, even if it's going to mean I have to eat ramen daily, we don't want to release the game incomplete or in a poor state with tons of bugs in it; that's just how it is.

To be clear, we're not talking about "continuing development forever to make a perfect game"; there's a lot of content we've already decided not to do and even more we've got planned for post-release. This is entirely about the core game content not being done yet and needing time to bug-test it to get rid of the worst bugs.

You can read more about specific issues we need to complete and time-sinks here; https://rentry.co/FFspring2022

HentaiWriter

Future Fragments
Developer

New tweet about Steam NextFest now that it's started; if you all want to RT it, it'd really help us out.
The demo is updated, with the intro fixed even more, controller buttons added to prompts, and a few other things like that from the demo you played a few days ago.

NextFest in general is the last marketing I'll be doing until all the scriptwork for the game is complete, but NextFest is a big opportunity for us to get a lot of wishlists, and a lot of wishlists = we can pay off our debt faster at release which = we can start work on other games faster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom